Best World Series

WhiteSoxfan1986

its my opinion that typically when we look back at things we get so caught up in trying not to overlook past events that recent events/records/players etc. become underrated......having said that from the standpoint of the series as a whole was there anything better than 01??? brosius jeter tino taking Kim deep, the heroics of schilling and johnson, the walkoff from gonzalez on rivera (possibly the greatest october/ november pitcher ever)....not to mention baseball and the countrys triumphs after sept. 11.....mccain and guliani side by side wearing NYPD/NYFD hats...good stuff and in terms of the games...unbelievably exciting basbeall

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 08:04 AM)
The '97 Series was quite something too. Game 7 being tied in the ninth of a pitchers duel and ending on a walkoff in extras. i believe its the only Game 7 to ever go extras. It may not compare to 2001, but as a whole that series had a lot going on as well.

That's my vote too. I am a part-time marlins and Rockies fan. That was an outstanding series with a nail bitting game 7. Best series I've seen in a long time.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 08:40 AM)
2005, thats my sox fan's perspective haha.

honestly, the tribe/marlins series was fantastic, as was the yankees/braves series when the yanks were the underdogs.

1906!

Seriously, for an old guy like me though, it was 1961. Mantle and Maris (Mantle was hurt and Maris didn't do much), Berra, Skowron, Richardson and Kubek, Whitey Ford, Elston Howard, Clete Boyer. Jeez, I hated the Yankees, but what a team.

And the Reds with Frank Robinson, Vada Pinson, Gene Freese, Jim O'Toole, Joey Jay were formidable.

Whitey Ford was amazing in that series: 2 games, 2 wins, 0.00 E.R.A.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides 2005, the best one I ever saw was 1991, which was ranked #1 in a poll of best WS by ESPN.

Five games decided by one run.

Four games decided in the final at bat.

Three extra inning games.

At 69 innings, its also the longest series ever.

Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_World_Series

Edited by easyw