Timing on the trades

danman31

Was it good that the trades were made when they were or should KW have waited?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Was it good that the trades were made when they were or should KW have waited?

• KW made the trades at the right time
    • KW should have waited for the team to lose a series
    • KW should have waited until the deadline

The team is playing well. The team is playing together. With a month until the deadline should KW have gone out and made the trades when he did or should he have waited for the team to lose a series and use the trades as a boost? Of course there is the possibility that he had to make the deals now or risk being outbid for those players. My dad had the theory that he wanted the team to come together before playing all those west division teams in August making for a tough schedule.

Now was the perfect time. Sox are really gaining steam and what did KW do, he told them, you guys are definately on the rise and were going to help you. The SOX are playing for THIS year and this type of move has to elate the players. It shows management is serious about winning.

This was the perfect time. Why wait until you fall into a slump, I say go for it early so they can help you for a long period of time.

If he waits until the lose a series it would look like he panicked. Now he and JR can show how when the team plays well and the fans start to show some interest they do what's necessary etc. etc. I think KW either

A. Lucked into THE best time for this trade ~or~

B. He's getting smarter and smarter

I also think it was great to do it both on the same day. Holy f***ing s*** we got Alomar AND Everett! Great PR, great moves.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Great PR, great moves.
can hardly wait to see the new commercials with them in the conga lines .............yeahhhh hawwwwww......... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
As long as that damned little girl isn't singing...

hey maybe they can put them all together in one commercial.. everett and alomar dancing to her singing????? get gallas on the phone now....... :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :puke

oh come on now.. were rolling the dice here .. why not go for broke....... :lol:

holy f***balls it's danman.

Yep, it's me. I haven't been on the boards in a while. Nothing like a couple trades to get me to come back. I know that sounds weird, but I'm NOT a fair weather fan. I've been a Sox fan for years. I repeat: I'm NOT a fair weather fan. :lolhitting

The only thing that could have made the timing better, is if we weren't heading out of town. That excitement the trades created would have put people in the seats. It's possible we coul;d lose that momentum by the time we get home.

The only thing that could have made the timing better, is if we weren't heading out of town.  That excitement the trades created would have put people in the seats.  It's possible we coul;d lose that momentum by the time we get home.

They keep winning and doing their job, Sox fans will only be more excited. Plus the All Star game coming to town and another potential blockbuster on the way.

Lets Sweep :headbang and then rmove on to Tampa Bay.