Apple Owners

Texsox

Linked

Apple is confirming that some installations of its Leopard operating system have left a "Blue Screen of Death," and recommends the OS be reinstalled or installers use "line commands" to get the systems booting properly. After a much-anticipated launch on Oct. 26, user reviews of Leopard began surfacing on the Internet by the hundreds over the weekend. But as the night and morning wore on Saturday, a greater number of reviews and comments on Web forums began complaining of the blue screen, and said the problem left their Mac-based computers "bricked."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
So the leopard is a little ... spotty?

niiiice.

i haven't been convinced to move from Tiger yet. I'll wait for the bugs to get out (normally thats a non-issue with Mac), but I've only had Tiger for like 10 months and I still am making love to it everyday.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
niiiice.

i haven't been convinced to move from Tiger yet. I'll wait for the bugs to get out (normally thats a non-issue with Mac), but I've only had Tiger for like 10 months and I still am making love to it everyday.

Boy, I know some make use of that CD Drive, but I guess others really make use of that CD Drive.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
niiiice.

Well I am the early adopter. I got my copy on Friday at 6pm from the Apple store in Oakbrook with the Free Apple Tee Shirt. I had it installed on my system by 7:30 that night. The install went without a hitch. I also did some hardware prep on my system before the upgrade, which a lot of people forget to do. I have the original Macbook intel version. I ma x'd out memory to 2 Gig and added a new 200 gig 7200 RPM sata drive to it to better support Leopard. I recompiled a few of my BSD based apps with the new Xcode base so I could take better advantage of Leopards kernel upgrades. No issues.. The Java apps I have run fine so far. 2 software updates so far from Apple support as well.

Parallels and the rest of my software works just the same. The only issue is my Matrix Red Pill screen saver is not supported. The site needs to recompile it for Leopard.

It actually fixed an issue with wireless negotiation with my WAP at home.

The only bummer is that I was hoping that Sun's ZFS was rumored to be supported in Leopard as a read/write file system. However not the case in this version.

The next step is to wait for Microsofts Office 08 that comes out for the Mac in 1st Quarter 08. That should help my access to our office environment.

Outside of Time Machine, and a few other nuances the upgrade isn't justified yet for mass users.

Edited by southsideirish71