Kobe on Lakers inactive list

Haha wow.

It's basically gotten untenable for Kobe over there now.

My guess is, Kobe to the Bulls for Gordon, Thomas and Noah plus a future 1st.

A starting lineup of Hinrich, Kobe, Deng, Joe Smith? and Wallace, should be enough for the Bulls to make the Eastern Conference Finals.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
A starting lineup of Hinrich, Kobe, Deng, Joe Smith? and Wallace, should be enough for the Bulls to make the Eastern Conference Finals.

So should our current lineup, imo. I don't like this trade you've proposed for some reason. We lose a lot of depth.

As long as the Bulls keep Deng and Hinrich, they can trade the rest of the damn team for Kobe for all I care. Those 2 and Kobe beat out the Big 3 in Boston IMO when you consider how old all 3 of those guys are. Plus, the Bulls won't trade EVERYBODY and have the depth to still have some talent after a deal to go with the big 3.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 05:18 AM)
As long as the Bulls keep Deng and Hinrich, they can trade the rest of the damn team for Kobe for all I care. Those 2 and Kobe beat out the Big 3 in Boston IMO when you consider how old all 3 of those guys are. Plus, the Bulls won't trade EVERYBODY and have the depth to still have some talent after a deal to go with the big 3.

It hurts the depth at forward immensely, but if all it takes is Gordon, Noah, Thomas and a first, I'll drive the three guys to the airport myself. I know the Bulls' first rounders for the foreseeable future don't figure to be great picks, but if need be, the Bulls should be willing to throw in an extra first rounder or two if that's what it takes to get the deal done. If they make this deal, that will ensure my being at the Bradley Center this Saturday (which I know you all care about).

I'll be at the Bulls home opener, so either way, get this nonsense done in time for that. I might just piss my pants if Kobe is in the lineup that night. As for the depth......yeah it will hurt, but if you can have Kobe and keep Deng, Hinrich, and Big Ben (and Joe Smith), you do it and ask questions later.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 12:08 AM)
My guess is, Kobe to the Bulls for Gordon, Thomas and Noah plus a future 1st.

So how would this work money-wise??

Personally, I'm all for trading any and all of Gordon, Tyrus, Noah, Noc, Griffin, and however many first- and second-rounders can reasonably be traded to get Kobe.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
It hurts the depth at forward immensely

Pick up a guy like Juwan Howard.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 05:02 PM)
So how would this work money-wise??

Personally, I'm all for trading any and all of Gordon, Tyrus, Noah, Noc, Griffin, and however many first- and second-rounders can reasonably be traded to get Kobe.

Pick up a guy like Juwan Howard.

The Bulls would have to re-sign Gordon to a new deal I presume, and then it would work capwise.

Right now I don't know if the Bulls could win the East. They were close last season, but Boston will be up there, Detroit is always there, and even teams such as Orlando could make a run this season.

I think if the Bulls traded for Kobe they would win the East over Boston.

Don't know if Skiles would allow for Nocioni to be traded either.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
Don't know if Skiles would allow for Nocioni to be traded either.

Can't for a while anyways, but I'm not a fan of his contract.

I don't think a lot of people who have grown fond of guys like Gordon and Tyrus realize just how much we need and how much better the Bulls can be with a go-to superstar of Kobe's caliber and how much they overvalue the Bulls' depth.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 06:33 AM)
I don't think a lot of people who have grown fond of guys like Gordon and Tyrus realize just how much we need and how much better the Bulls can be with a go-to superstar of Kobe's caliber and how much they overvalue the Bulls' depth.

Yep, you're right on here. It's ridiculous -- when talking to the 'average' fan -- how much certain people overrate Ben Gordon. You also get the people who don't want to win with Kobe because he's a "bad guy" and all of these Bulls players are "good guys".

Getting back on point, though, having Kobe on the floor would elevate do wonders to elevate the games of Deng and Hinrich. Deng isn't particularly quick, but I've noticed he's very good when he gets a kickout pass, he's good at finding the lane that is left when the defender is forced to close out quickly. He also seems to have developed a very good mid-range game which would (obviously) be key with Kobe.

I'm getting very excited. I'm the first to say that I'm not one who you could call one of the bigger Bulls fans, but getting Kobe would change my whole perspective on the season and would definitely force me to keep a closer eye on them than if they didn't have him.

PG: Hinrich

SG: Kobe

SF: Deng

PF: Smith

C: Wallace

Bench:

Thabo (can play 2 or 3)

Duhon (1)

Gray (4 or 5)

Curry (can play 1 or 2)

Nocioni (can play 3 or 4, and can't trade him until December, so he wouldn't be in the deal)

Sign Juwan Howard to play the 4 and/or 5?? Plus, Thomas Gardner made the team and can play the 2 or 3

If that can't win the east, the team is f***ing cursed. GET IT DONE!! Oh, and as for Ben Gordon, his only useful skill is a dynamic scorer, and Kobe can do that 10 times better than Ben, is 6'6, a great defender, and has 3 rings of experience.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
It hurts the depth at forward immensely, but if all it takes is Gordon, Noah, Thomas and a first, I'll drive the three guys to the airport myself. I know the Bulls' first rounders for the foreseeable future don't figure to be great picks, but if need be, the Bulls should be willing to throw in an extra first rounder or two if that's what it takes to get the deal done. If they make this deal, that will ensure my being at the Bradley Center this Saturday (which I know you all care about).

Plus there is a decent free agent class of big men this upcoming offseason correct?

QUOTE(rockren @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 06:20 AM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61584

If a deal happens at all- it won't happen before Dec 15th. That's when the Bulls can deal Noc.

If they put him on the inactive list they are not waiting till the 15th to make this happen. I dont understand why you think that Noc is a reason to wait. He is a nice player, but what we call a throw in.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 30, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
If they put him on the inactive list they are not waiting till the 15th to make this happen. I dont understand why you think that Noc is a reason to wait. He is a nice player, but what we call a throw in.

Unless the Bulls throw Hinrich or Wallace in the deal to make it happen....Noc is the third highest paid player on the Bulls roster to get this done.

That's why Noc is the reason to wait. Even if the Bulls actually wanted to trade Gordon, Deng, Tyrus and Noah...it wouldn't work under the CBA.

Kobe makes 19.5 million next year. You need SOME type of big salary to add in and Noc is exactly that guy.

There are 2 known facts you are forgetting:

1. Ben Gordon's agent wants an obscene amount of money for his client, as he has the baffling illusion that his client is a superior player to Luol Deng.

2. If you give Gordon a big extension and combine that with using the rights you have to P.J. Brown and Mike Sweetney, things become feasible.

With that said, if this trade hasn't occured by opening tip of the Bulls game tomorrow, then yes you are right that there is no way the Bulls would be able to acquire Kobe until mid December when Nocioni becomes tradeable. I can't see this drama going on for that long though, if the trade doesn't happen tomorrow I think you start hearing more about the 3 team rumor involving the Wizards that is out there. We'll see though.