Pet peeves....

Steff

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
Where is this movie with the flying, talking, laser shooting dinosaur? I must see this film!

I don't know about lasers and talking dinosaurs, but they are getting close with Jurassic Park 4

Jurassic Park 4 Link: Now the dinosaurs have weapons

Edited by vandy125

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
Now that I think about it...

One that gets me is when you're walking down a hallway or down a street, you pass someone you know, you either say "Hi" or give a casual hello or head nod or something because you're both clearly on your way somewhere, and the other one responds with some version of "How's it going" or some other question which not answering would be rude.

Seriously, I'm trying to do stuff, I don't want to turn around & start a conversation all the time. Just say hi!

Im guilty of this. I have a trained response in my head. Normally my answer to anything like this is "Hows it going?" and with my job I meet new people a lot and I just always say that when anyone says hi or even asks me whats up or how Im doing.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
Im guilty of this. I have a trained response in my head. Normally my answer to anything like this is "Hows it going?" and with my job I meet new people a lot and I just always say that when anyone says hi or even asks me whats up or how Im doing.

Funny, I wouldn't think an alcoholic B-52 pilot would meet that many people at all.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)

Yeah I ask it and get asked it. Usually, if someone asks, I just give them a one or two word response and continue on my way, and if they try and continue a conversation, I generally just keep walking and don't listen. Sure it's rude, but I'm getting somewhere, so I don't need to have a conversation right then.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 9, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
The guy in the public bathroom who makes so much noise you think that they are not in there for a bowel movement, but that they are about to give birth to a 9 pound baby.

Then of course the same guy, who comes out of the stall all sweaty after fightin through the birth of his brown baby boy, smiles like he accomplished something, then proceeds to leave the bathroom forgetting to wash his hands.

The guy in the public bathroom, who thinks its his turn on american idol. Nothing creepier than hearing some song acapella while trapped on the toliet.

people who while in the stall next to you in the public bathroom, are talking on their phone. Speakerphone is worse of course.

The nice thing about this, is that it is two way street. I get people on the train who pull this crap. The easy way to fix this problem is to become more unbearable than the conversation he is having. Say things like "Come back to bed big boy!" and "Man that rash has really cleared up, but be sure to apply your cream three times a day, and come back and see me in a week." They'll get the hint.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Or worse yet, the person obviously speeds up to prevent you from merging. That's just being a dick, ha.

I have to admit I will do that but only when I can see the guy five care behind me swing into the right lane that is clearly blocked up ahead and then try to cut back in the front of all of us who have been in line!

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Dog owners who leave their dogs out in the yard for hours despite them barking at the sliding door to be let in....

I think I'm over conscious on this one. My dog starts barking at all I'm all paranoid and whisk him in the house, even though he's supposed to bark and let us know people are around that aren't supposed to be. Guard dog extraoirdinaire... :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 10:48 AM)
I think I'm over conscious on this one. My dog starts barking at all I'm all paranoid and whisk him in the house, even though he's supposed to bark and let us know people are around that aren't supposed to be. Guard dog extraoirdinaire... :lol:

Ditto.

BTW, I haven't made my daily trip down yet - I hate this, ugggghhhh!!!! :lolhitting When I do I'll let you know about the info I have.

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
ALL TIME PET PEEVE!

People at Sox games who can't wait till the half inning is over to go take a leak!

And then walk back down when Thome is batting with bases loaded or some other game turning moment!

:gosox3:

Keep in mind, before you critcize, that sometimes people have medical issues that dictate it is time to go NOW.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
Keep in mind, before you critcize, that sometimes people have medical issues that dictate it is time to go NOW.

To help these people, as well as the people peeved by their bladders, I now unveil my latest invention, the Official Barry Bonds Catheter.

For those of you who've always wanted to say, PISS ON YOU, BARRY BONDS, now you can!!!!

(also available in George Steinbrenner, Bud Selig, Sammy Sosa, Scott Boras, New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox models)

this item is not sanctioned by Major League Baseball, although MLB's lawyers did that "I can't hear or see you" thing and covered their ears and said "LALALALALALALA!!!!" when told of the invention.

People that only talk about work--even at social gatherings. Please, for the love of god, talk about something else. If I wanted to think about work during my time off I--actually, I can't finish that sentence because it is too horrible to contemplate. . .

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
Any and all things The Wiggles related.

I have taken every step to keep the wiggles and barney out of my house.

I have introduced my son to Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Chilli Willi, Droopy and the rest of the old time cartoons.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)

I have introduced my son to Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Chilli Willi, Droopy and the rest of the old time cartoons.

:headbang Winnie the Pooh was a big hit in my house. Blustery Day was an all-time favorite :wub:

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)

I had it all taken care of, and then the damned in-laws stabbed me in the back :angry:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Any and all things The Wiggles related.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)

At least you guys are not anti Teletubbies.

;)

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
The Wiggles aren't so bad. Not as abd as the Teletubbies and Barney.

My kids like Tom and Jerry too. And The Jetsons, The Smurfs, The Snorks, Cartoon Olympics, all that good stuff Boomerang shows.

My daughter loves Barney.

You guys need another pet peeve...how about me walking down the street singing some stupid fricken barney song. It's happened.......MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'm on someones peeve list.