Pet peeves....

Steff

When I am in a grocery store, and the checkout people are talking to each other, or rather complaining to each other, about how they 'haven't had a break in hours'. STFU and ring up my food! i don't care about your work problems, and I don't want to hear them. Or, along the grocery store line, when two people stop in the middle of an aisle to chat with each other, effectively blocking the whole thing.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Since I've been travelling, I'll break out the air travel pet peeves...

People who just stop in the middle of a busy airport walkway (usually while wheeling around a giant bag), thus causing everyone to walk into each other

People who board ahead of their group number

People who need 6 bins to get all their stuff through security (exception - parents with small children, which I imagine must be a royal pain to deal with)

---

Not a pet peeve, but a funny - I watched someone recently who not only walked through the metal detector with her cell phone, but walked through while still speaking on it. Then looked surprised when it went off. The fact that she looked like the poster child for Valley Girl made it slightly funnier.

Oh, I have so many of those when I was traveling more.

And, it is a ROYAL pain in the ass to travel with little kids. It makes traveling NOT fun.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
Ditto. Hate them almost as much as the asshole that rides the merge lane until the last second, then almost causes an accident to get over.

And how about the jerk who sees you with your turn signal on, traffic is stopped, and acts like he doesn't see you to let you in?

Im the guy who blocks that lane so nobody else can pull that trick. I also despise people who sit in the left lane and do not move over so I can pass them. Its called the passing lane for a reason folks.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Women who are indecisive or don't know what they want. I meet them and date them on a regular basis.

Why don't you go for the ones that know what they want?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
Really? Granted I'm young, but in my experience, having the girl be clear in what she is looking for makes everything much easier.

I agree. And its not true for all men either. Just a lot of them. I've known plenty of guys who constantly latch onto women who are flaky and weak-minded, despite their protestations that's not what they want. Then when they happen upon a stronger woman, they find an excuse for it not to work. I think some guys have a subconscious desire to be "in charge" that is greater than their desire to be with a straight-forward woman. Again, not all guys, not even most guys - but a significant number of them.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)
I agree. And its not true for all men either. Just a lot of them. I've known plenty of guys who constantly latch onto women who are flaky and weak-minded, despite their protestations that's not what they want. Then when they happen upon a stronger woman, they find an excuse for it not to work. I think some guys have a subconscious desire to be "in charge" that is greater than their desire to be with a straight-forward woman. Again, not all guys, not even most guys - but a significant number of them.

Ding.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
Really? Granted I'm young, but in my experience, having the girl be clear in what she is looking for makes everything much easier.

Ugh, some girls know a little too much about what they want. They want to get engaged within 4 years, they want a certain kind of dog, they want to not work for the rest of their life, they want this kind of lexus.

There are negatives to girls who have things planned out.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
Ugh, some girls know a little too much about what they want. They want to get engaged within 4 years, they want a certain kind of dog, they want to not work for the rest of their life, they want this kind of lexus.

There are negatives to girls who have things planned out.

There's a big difference between gold diggers and decisive women.

And those girls don't know what they want for their life, they know what they want other people to GIVE them. Big difference.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)

And those girls don't know what they want for their life, they know what they want other people to GIVE them. Big difference.

Ding.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)

Doesnt have to be gold diggers. How about the girls who just know they NEED to be married and have a baby by the time they are 30. They may not be interested in someone giving them everything, but they KNOW that this has been their plan since they were younger. They have a time line and dammit they are sticking to it. ALOT of girls are like this, and it also contributes to the divorce rate.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
Doesnt have to be gold diggers. How about the girls who just know they NEED to be married and have a baby by the time they are 30. They may not be interested in someone giving them everything, but they KNOW that this has been their plan since they were younger. They have a time line and dammit they are sticking to it. ALOT of girls are like this, and it also contributes to the divorce rate.

If they are upfront about it, the only that is contributing to the divorce rate is the guy who is dumb enough to not listen to her. I have no problem if a woman wants to set goals and be upfront about them. I do have a problem is they do not inform the other person about that stuff.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
If they are upfront about it, the only that is contributing to the divorce rate is the guy who is dumb enough to not listen to her. I have no problem if a woman wants to set goals and be upfront about them. I do have a problem is they do not inform the other person about that stuff.

My view on this is that the girl settles for a guy she is with just because it fits her timeline.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
My view on this is that the girl settles for a guy she is with just because it fits her timeline.

I have known women that have done that. They just kind of cruise from serial boyfriend to serial boyfriend, but then when they have the urge to make a family, they decide "this one seems good enough". Weird.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)

I used to work with a guy who did the same thing.

He married a troll, unattractive inside and out, because he had this mental problem about having to be married before he turned 30.

He was like 29 and 7 months or some s***.

I never expected to get married (because I too am a troll, unattractive inside and out), so I had no such deadline.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
I have known women that have done that. They just kind of cruise from serial boyfriend to serial boyfriend, but then when they have the urge to make a family, they decide "this one seems good enough". Weird.

I would say that 90 percent of the girls I went to school with have gone through this process.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
-People who stand underneath awnings while it is raining... with their umbrellas still out...

-groups of people who walk 3-4-5 people accross a sidewalk, and make no effort to give way to other people...

As a fellow commuter I have to agree with this 100%. I can write a whole fricken thread on the s*** that pisses me off as a commuter.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
As a fellow commuter I have to agree with this 100%. I can write a whole fricken thread on the s*** that pisses me off as a commuter.

In that same group are the people that don't walk a straight line. You start to walk past them and they start "merging" left. So, you switch to the right and now they're going that way! :angry:

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
In that same group are the people that don't walk a straight line. You start to walk past them and they start "merging" left. So, you switch to the right and now they're going that way! :angry:

Same effect as with drivers. People, in general, just don't pay attention to what they are doing. They are too distracted by the 8 bazillion other things going on.