Pet peeves....

Steff

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
People who have blind hate for people in fraternities.

Thats interesting. I never even thought about it. I was in a fraternity at SIU and I have my feelings about them but I have met a lot of people who will just say things like, oh you have to pay for your friends and stuff like that when they really have no idea what theyre talking about.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
Sorry SSI, I do that. I like to eat half of her meal, plus whisper about the funny s*** we hear other people talking about.

I like your manhood peeves. I dont like the guy who is constantly wondering if his girlfriend is mad at him. Then he acts tough like he doesnt care, yet is seen running out of whereever he is 2 min later.

How about the friend who gets a girlfriend and then you never see or hear from him until they break up.

Ugh, dealing with that one right now. It sucks so much.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
Sorry SSI, I do that. I like to eat half of her meal, plus whisper about the funny s*** we hear other people talking about.

I like your manhood peeves. I dont like the guy who is constantly wondering if his girlfriend is mad at him. Then he acts tough like he doesnt care, yet is seen running out of whereever he is 2 min later.

How about the friend who gets a girlfriend and then you never see or hear from him until they break up.

Ok, seeing this makes me think about a kid I was friends with since high school and as of say the past year have stopped talking to. Me and pretty much every other of his friends stopped talking to him after he got his recent and only girlfriend. I am going to post two links to Yahoo! Answers questions he asked to seriously get advice about what to do about a couple situations he was in because of his girlfriend. I swear that not only are these both true and absolutely happened, but that I know this idiot and yes he is this pathetic.

My girl friend let a man sleep over after a big fight. should i trust her?

I need advice!! My girlfriend made out with her gay friend at the bar. In front of me, should I break up?

I dont know whats worse, the fact that this guy actually asked the yahoo community for help in his relationship or the fact that despite everyone saying to dump her he wont.

Edit: also for the first one, this "old friend" was an ex-boyfriend that she has slept with in the past

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
I went to college for 4 years. It's not blind hate, but good attempt.

I always chuckle at this kind of crap. I've seen it said for frat boys, cops, jocks, women, men, every race, every religion... I knew some jerks who were an X, therefore all X must be jerks.

Spare us.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 06:10 PM)
Thats interesting. I never even thought about it. I was in a fraternity at SIU and I have my feelings about them but I have met a lot of people who will just say things like, oh you have to pay for your friends and stuff like that when they really have no idea what theyre talking about.

Trust me, I didnt get along with everyone in my house, nor everyone else's. But at the same time, there were clearly about the same ratio of people in my dorm I didnt like, on the football team, student government. It turns out there are just people that you wont like, regardless of who they are affiliated with.

You would think most White Sox fans would be very familiar with that type of blanket comment.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)

Yes it does, especially when the girl doesnt like you. Ive been the guy who did this to my friends, and it completely changed the way I look at relationships and the types of girls I now date. Loyalty to friends is very important, and trust me, if your friends dont like her, there probably is something wrong with her.

People who think that teachers are just uppity, lazy unionists that want the union to get them a sweet contract and then do no work.

People who think that teachers do no work outside of professional hours.

People who give non-drinkers s*** about not drinking.

People that think that pro wrestling is dumb because it is "fake". However, you never hear them complain the same way about other written mediums like books, movies, TV shows, etc.

People who get upset that a man used a word that some find offensive and then demand this huge media blitz as an "apology" -- which just serves to give the word more power to harm people.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)

Ditto. Considering also this isn't just any other friend for me. This dude is probably my best friend (like a brother to me) It's a damn shame he's basically spoiling her. Basically a "money" relationship and she treats him like utter crap. It's crazy to think what a bangin body (in her case a huge ass) could do to a man's head sometimes.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
When people let their dog s*** in my yard and pretend to pick it up with a bag

Oh man, I hear that. People letting their lame dogs crap all over the place and don't clean it up. It's the worst in the winter and when I see tons of dog crap and piss all over the snow. If you live in an apt in the city, you shouldn't have a bunch of dogs in the first place, let alone let them crap all over the sidewalk and not even bother to clean it up.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Ditto. Considering also this isn't just any other friend for me. This dude is probably my best friend (like a brother to me) It's a damn shame he's basically spoiling her. Basically a "money" relationship and she treats him like utter crap. It's crazy to think what a bangin body (in her case a huge ass) could do to a man's head sometimes.

You gotta get through to him somehow, he will regret that he did this eventually, and if the relationship doesnt work out, his outlook on the whole thing will change so much. I wish one of my friends would have taken ME aside and told me what they thought honestly.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
what about the Loud grunter who has to let everyone in the entire gym know that he is stronger and buffer than you for every single rep he does

That's usually the same guy who has way too much weight on the bar and his spotter needs a spotter.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Girls who take 3 hours to get ready and then just look like they applied 3 inches of makeup.

Girls who need to put on makeup to go out to breakfast or a sporting event.

People who use the word like every other word in a conversation.

Guys who own tiny little dogs.

I don't own a dog, so thankfully I'm in your good graces, but why is it a pet peeve of yours what someone else owns? That's a weird one for me. Most pet peeves affect you in some kind of way...

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
I don't own a dog, so thankfully I'm in your good graces, but why is it a pet peeve of yours what someone else owns? That's a weird one for me. Most pet peeves affect you in some kind of way...

I'm with Rock on the small dog thing. There's just no reason for some of the ratty little abominations passing for dogs out there.

Maybe it's more of a life philosophy than a pet peeve. But if you want a dog get a dog, and if you want a rat get a rat.