Mitchell report could wreak havoc on season

whitesoxfan101

Speaking of the conspiracy we talked about earlier:

Roger Clemens retires.

Say he isn't named, rightly or wrongly.

Take the fact that Clemens has basically retired.

A "plea bargain" perhaps? A coup d'tat?

That was just something that came to mind as I thought about MLB covering up and then someone said, "Maybe Pettitte's named!" and then I said, "Clemens, hmm." 'Cause, you know, Pettitte and Clemens are homies.

It's all speculation of course.

If Clemens's name is in there, it will come out. It might not come out in this report, but I guarantee you, if there's evidence for that guy having had something received...there's just too much money out there for being the first person to write that story for it not to come out eventually, and I don't care how good your coverup is.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
Speaking of the conspiracy we talked about earlier:

Roger Clemens retires.

Say he isn't named, rightly or wrongly.

Take the fact that Clemens has basically retired.

A "plea bargain" perhaps? A coup d'tat?

That was just something that came to mind as I thought about MLB covering up and then someone said, "Maybe Pettitte's named!" and then I said, "Clemens, hmm." 'Cause, you know, Pettitte and Clemens are homies.

It's all speculation of course.

This is the "big player" for whom MLB covered up a positive test, at least that's always been the scuttlebutt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
There's enough members of the media that despise Clemens that there's no way they could cover his name up. You don't think that whoever provided this information wouldn't tell someone in the media if all the names they mentioned besides Clemens are reported?

I doubt you'll ever see his name linked to steriods, it would be similar to the NBA admitting Michael Jordan's hiatus was a "voluntary" retirement to spend time with his family.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 8, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
I'd pay good money to see Clemens and Schilling fight to the death.

Off-topic, and pretty harsh and brutal, but I really despise both of them.

I think that match would pay for what ARod thinks his new contract should be.

I also think there are a lot of baseball fans who despise them both.

Well this is kind of disappointing, from Rotoworld:

Contrary to what was previously reported by the Boston Globe, it's now believed that no more than 11 players from this year's free-agent class were asked to speak with George Mitchell as part of his investigation into performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

The Globe had it wrong; it's not that 11 free agents were named in the report. Perhaps it could still work out that way, but the Globe has retracted its previous claim. The MLBPA says it has no idea whether any names will be included in Mitchell's report.