The other Jose???

soxfan3530

Just curious to see if anyone was interested in bringing Jose Valentin back as utility type player. I know we have pablo coming back and jose is getting old. But i figured he could play a little of 2b, 3b and SS if we needed it and has had a couple of productive seasons with the Mets. Plus he would be on the cheap. Thoughts??

fixed.

Edited by soxfan3530

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
Just curious to see if anyone was interested in bringing Jose Valentin back as utility type player. I know we ahve pablo coming back and he is getting old. But i figured he could play a little of 2b, 3b and SS if we needed it and has had a couple of productive seasons with the Mets. Plus he would be on the cheap. Thoughts??

Between Ozuna, Uribe, Richar, Bourgeois, Crede, Fields and whomever the team might acquire for SS or 2B... why would they need another shorstop or thirdbaseman? Especially one as horrible defensively as Valentin? And you think Pablo is old? Valentin is 38.

Ozuna, Burgeouis and Mackowiak are all infinitely better options as are about 20 other middle infield free agents who aren't 38 years old, coming off major knee surgery and just plain bad like Jose Valentin.

He is an incredibly tender lover and his rock hard abs and large member would be an asset in the clubhouse but he offers nothing of value as a baseball player.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 04:48 PM)
Just curious to see if anyone was interested in bringing Jose Valentin back as utility type player. I know we have pablo coming back and jose is getting old. But i figured he could play a little of 2b, 3b and SS if we needed it and has had a couple of productive seasons with the Mets. Plus he would be on the cheap. Thoughts??

fixed.

If we had the chance to bring Jose Valentin back I would jump at it. He can play 3B-SS and 2B and I bleieve he spent sometime at CF also. He would be a great back up infielder. Jose always gave it 100%.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Nov 13, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
If we had the chance to bring Jose Valentin back I would jump at it. He can play 3B-SS and 2B and I bleieve he spent sometime at CF also. He would be a great back up infielder. Jose always gave it 100%.

minor league deal with spring training invite. :gosoxretro: