The "2008" White Sox Lineup?

wilmot825

The 2008 Batting Order and Line-up....odds of this happening?

2B- Marcus Giles

LF- Miguel Cabrera

DH- Jim Thome

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Jermaine Dye

CF- Torii Hunter

3B- Josh Fields

C- A.J. Pierzynski

SS- Juan Uribe

ADDRESSING THE MONEY ISSUE

Trade Contreras, Garland, Podsednik, and Crede which will free up millions of dollars

Sign Giles to a 1yr deal with a club option, and ask for Florida to pick up some of Miggy's contract

Jerry isn't a poor owner the last time I checked. Just like when the Bulls dominated the 90s, Jerry shelled more money to them instead of the White Sox. It seems he is applying that technique to the White Sox since the World Series by spending, spending, spending. This line-up may cost millions of dollars but it will be made up 10 fold by national TV exposure and higher demand of ticket sales. (Just like the Boston Celtics have done by acquiring Garnett and Allen)

Edited by wilmot825

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)

2B- Marcus Giles

LF- Miguel Cabrera

DH- Jim Thome

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Jermaine Dye

CF- Torii Hunter

3B- Josh Fields

C- A.J. Pierzynski

SS- Juan Uribe

We are not going with 6 years and 90 for Hunter. So scratch him off the list.

Cabrera would require luck, and if he was here Fields wouldnt be.

How much money do you think we have.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:13 PM)

2B- Marcus Giles

LF- Miguel Cabrera

DH- Jim Thome

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Jermaine Dye

CF- Torii Hunter

3B- Josh Fields

C- A.J. Pierzynski

SS- Juan Uribe

Trade Contreras, Garland, Podsednik, and Crede which will free up millions of dollars

Sign Giles to a 1yr deal with a club option, and ask for Florida to pick up some of Miggy's contract

Jerry isn't a poor owner the last time I checked. Just like when the Bulls dominated the 90s, Jerry shelled more money to them instead of the White Sox. It seems he is applying that technique to the White Sox since the World Series by spending, spending, spending. This line-up may cost millions of dollars but it will be made up 10 fold by national TV exposure and higher demand of ticket sales. (Just like the Boston Celtics have done by acquiring Garnett and Allen)

First off, Florida is not going to pick up any of Cabrera's contract if they trade him. Pods will net you nothing. Crede may get you something half way decent but I think he will have to show he can play first. Trade Contreras and Garland. OK. Then who pitches? If the rotation is Buerhle, Vazquez, Danks, Floyd and Gio, you better start planning for 2009, and I'm sure season ticketholders would be even happier with their 2009 seat upgrades.

To be realistic:

Defense

C: AJ Pierzynski

1B: Paul Konerko

2B: Robinson Cano

SS: David Eckstein

3B: Josh Fields

LF: Coco Crisp

CF: Torii Hunter

RF: Jermaine Dye

DH: Jim Thome

Lineup

1. Coco Crisp

2. David Eckstein

3. Jim Thome

4. Paul Konerko

5. Tori Hunter

6. Jermaine Dye

7. Robinson Cano

8. AJ Pierzynski

9. Josh Fields

Rotation

1. Mark Buehrle

2. Javier Vazquez

3. Jon Garland

4. Yovani Gallardo

5. Gio Gonzalez

Bullpen

CL: Bobby Jenks

RP: Boone Logan

RP: Matt Thornton

RP: Ehren Wasserman

RP: Matt Wise

RP: Carlos Marmol

There are 1-2 dream picks, but I really want Marmol.

QUOTE(PAUL KONERKO 14 @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 07:19 AM)
To be realistic:

Defense

C: AJ Pierzynski

1B: Paul Konerko

2B: Robinson Cano

SS: David Eckstein

3B: Josh Fields

LF: Coco Crisp

CF: Torii Hunter

RF: Jermaine Dye

DH: Jim Thome

Lineup

1. Coco Crisp

2. David Eckstein

3. Jim Thome

4. Paul Konerko

5. Tori Hunter

6. Jermaine Dye

7. Robinson Cano

8. AJ Pierzynski

9. Josh Fields

Rotation

1. Mark Buehrle

2. Javier Vazquez

3. Jon Garland

4. Yovani Gallardo

5. Gio Gonzalez

Bullpen

CL: Bobby Jenks

RP: Boone Logan

RP: Matt Thornton

RP: Ehren Wasserman

RP: Matt Wise

RP: Carlos Marmol

There are 1-2 dream picks, but I really want Marmol.

Realistic? Wow. Gio starting in 2008? Cano, Crisp, Eckstein, and Hunter? We will be lucky if one of those happen.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
1. Stewart/Owens, LF

2. Loretta/Richar, 2B

3. Thome, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dye, RF

6. Fields, 3B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Hall, SS

9. Crisp, CF

I'm hoping this is similar to our starting lineup next season. I'm not hot on Loretta, however and don't think he's looking to platoon with a guy like Richar. You can also replace Uribe with Hall on there.

But everything else I really agree with.

Edited by rockren

2B- Marcus Giles

LF- Miguel Cabrera

DH- Jim Thome

1B- Paul Konerko

RF- Jermaine Dye

CF- Torii Hunter

3B- Josh Fields

C- A.J. Pierzynski

SS- Juan Uribe

Odds are 0%.

Giles is a dumb signing IMO. He has been a terrible hitter since he has been off the juice. He and his brother both give me the vibe. I can see him being on that Mitchell report...If not, good for him, I still don't want him in our lineup. I dont even know if he had a .300 OBP last season so lead off is definately out of the question as well.

2nd. I am all for a deal for Miggy. Dont know why he'd be hitting 2nd though. And acquiring him would involve Fields. So Josh shouldnt be in the lineup. Also, why do we need the Marlins to pay his salary? We don't and more importantly...they wouldn't. Furthermore, if we got Miggy...I doubt we keep Thome/Paulie/Dye. I'd imagine Paulie is out the door and cashing a ticket to LA.

Hunter isn't coming anymore if it's a 6 year deal he seeks. I thought we had a chance at him but now I am back to assuming Texas has it locked up. He was just toying with our emotions.

No one is taking on Contreras. I'd be 100% shocked if KW pulled it off. We'd be better off letting him pitch here and see if he improves enough to get something for him @ the deadline.

Garland I think will go but where is the question? I'd assume we get one guy who is in our everyday lineup for him. A young OF is my assumption and then a mid prospect to add into a potential Miggy deal.

Pods...? Crede I'd take the risk on too at this point. Unless we get a great deal for him.

JR won't spend on this team much more. He is already trying to dump payroll (IE Garland, Contreras, etc). Hunter seems to be the only guy he'd be willing to sign but that also seems to come with the terms of dealing guys so we don't have to go much higher in payroll. It is nothing like the Celtics because we don't have the same type of history they do followed up by 20 years of losing. Thats why they'll get an increase in fans. Ours are fading post-world series and I think JR has not much interest in throwing 100 mil away on a team that doesnt win, in turn making fans not watch.

That would be my ideal team next season....However, I dont know why or how everyone thinks we can get Cabrera while keeping Fields.

Miggy plays third for them, so naturally, they'd want a young replacement. Hmmm, do we have one? I think so....I would assume if any deal goes down the 1st piece they ask for is Fields, followed by whatever arms they want.

Everything else with that team I like. Paulie I think will be moved upon a deal for Miggy. Figgins/Kotchman may be a bit much but who knows, depends on the prospect or arm that'll be sure to come with it.

QUOTE(palehose23 @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
1. Figgins-2b

2. Rowand-cf

3. Thome-dh

4. Konerko-1b

5. Dye-rf

6. Fields-3b

7. Pierzynsk-c

8. Uribe-ss

9. Crisp-lf

Buerhle, Vazquez, Contreras, Danks, Broadway

Garland traded to LAA for Figgins and Prospects

Hmmmm, I'd almost rather have richar than crisp(effectively, I know they don't play the same position) depending on who we have to give up for crisp. You save about 4 mil IIRC too.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 11:14 PM)
1. Jerry Owens CF

2. Chone Figgins 2b

3. Miguel Cabrera LF

4. Jim Thome DH

5. Jermaine Dye RF

6. Josh Fields 3b

7. Casey Kotchman 1b

8. AJP C

9. Juan Uribe SS

QUOTE(Chombi and the Fungi @ Nov 18, 2007 -> 03:03 AM)
That would be my ideal team next season....However, I dont know why or how everyone thinks we can get Cabrera while keeping Fields.

Miggy plays third for them, so naturally, they'd want a young replacement. Hmmm, do we have one? I think so....I would assume if any deal goes down the 1st piece they ask for is Fields, followed by whatever arms they want.

Everything else with that team I like. Paulie I think will be moved upon a deal for Miggy. Figgins/Kotchman may be a bit much but who knows, depends on the prospect or arm that'll be sure to come with it.

ahh yes, my mistake let me switch it around real quick

1. Owens

2. Figgens 3b

3. Cabrera

4. Thome

5. Dye

6. Kotchman

7. AJP

8. Uribe

9. Richar 2b

or maybe if kenny gets on the ball and deals some guys to free up cap space

1. Owens LF (im sure he could play left and i personally think hes gonna get better with the stick)

2. Figgens 2b

3. Cabrera 3b

4. Thome DH

5. Dye RF

6. Hunter CF

7. Kotchman

8. AJP C

9. Uribe ss

1. Buehrle

2. Vaz

3. Carlos Silva

4. Danks

5. Floyd (hes showed flashes last year that he can hang)

Thornton (L)

Carlos Villanueva ® (in garland trade)

Logan (L)

Wassermann ®

Scot Shields ®

Joe Beimel (L) (rumors of crede goin to the dodgers so maybe we can get him in the deal)

closer Jenks

my question to you guys (im a die hard sox fans but am clueless when it comes to cap room) is if we deal the contracts of Garland, Count, Crede, and Konerko do you think we'd be able to get a carlos silva and a torii hunter?

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
1. Jerry Owens

2. Orlando Cabrera

3. Jim Thome

4. Paul Konerko

5. Jermaine Dye

6. Josh Fields

7. OF

8. AJ Pierzynski

9. Danny Richar

Where would tori hunter bat in that lineup if they signed him?

Edited by max power