Any thespians?

Texsox

*raises hand*

yep, I'm a theatre major in school and i plan to become a full time (lol) actor once i graduate. I've had a couple pro gigs thus far but nothing huge. auditioned for and got called back twice for Spring Awakening on Broadway, that was pretty sweet.

actually i'm in a show right now that runs through tomorrow where i play a mentally handicapped kid who's got a terrible phobia of water. challenging as hell. but it's been going really well so far and there's been a lot of great feedback! :)

The name of it always kept me from having any part of it. I just could never call anybody or anything "thespian". It just sounds so dumb.

Then add to that the freaks who were thespians when I was in high school, and well, that was a whole bunch of REALLY sucky stuff.

The only thing worse than the thespians were the jocks. Sorry.

Edited by Kid Gleason

Believe it or not, I was in a high school play when I was about 24. My brother and a couple of friends had written a play and although they were in no way connected with the school's "thespian" department they were allowed to put on the play. They needed someone to play a drug pusher and I don't know why but they thought that I was right for the role ;) . I told them that I would do it provided I didn't have to say anything. So they kinda rewrote the scene and I did it with no lines. Plus, there was a movie within the play that I was also in (again with no lines). That was my acting career. B)

I acted in High School and in College. I was in an independent ultra-low-budget (i. e.: I didn't get paid) short filmed a year ago that is currently unreleased. If I ever get a copy or find where it's posted online, I'll let you know.

Edit: unless I really suck, which doesn't appear to be the case, fortunately.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

Small roll in Wizard of Oz my sophomore year and the male lead in "Annie Get Your Gun" my senior year.

I loved it. There's a small group that just started up in town a few years ago. I keep telling myself that I'm going to get back into it, but life always gets in the way.

QUOTE(mreye @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 09:14 AM)
Small roll in Wizard of Oz my sophomore year and the male lead in "Annie Get Your Gun" my senior year.

I loved it. There's a small group that just started up in town a few years ago. I keep telling myself that I'm going to get back into it, but life always gets in the way.

I played "The messanger" who Annie mistakes as Frank... that was freshman year.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
I played "The messanger" who Annie mistakes as Frank... that was freshman year.

In The Wizard of Oz" I was "Joe, A Farmhand". I only had two lines, but I got the first laugh of the play!