Jason Bourgeois

TLAK

RotoWorld:

Jason Bourgeois-DH - White Sox Nov. 18 - 2:18 pm et

Free agent Jason Bourgeois drove in six runs Saturday for Los Mochis of the Mexican Pacific League.

Bourgeois is back playing second base in Mexico after spending most of the last couple of seasons in the outfield. The versatility could be his ticket to having a career as a bench player in the majors. The soon-to-be 26-year-old hit .306/.365/.440 between Double- and Triple-A last season and is currently at .304/.377/.413 in the MPL.

This is interesting. Bourgeois started out as a SS and has moved all over the field since. He played in 44 games at 2B with Charlotte last year. Did anyone on the board get a look at him?

Quality left handers had Danny Richar for breakfast last year, it would be nice to have an option against guys in the central like Santana without spending a bundle on a guy to play 50 games.

---Bourgeois also played everywhere Andy Gonzalez did and hit .311.

As far as I can tell Jason Bourgeois is no longer under White Sox control since they did not add him to their 40 man roster. So they'd have to re-sign him and there will be some competition for his services.

I don't think the Sox are all that interested in Bourgeois if they were they would have just added him to the 40 rather than letting him hit free agency.

As far as I can tell Jason Bourgeois is no longer under White Sox control since they did not add him to their 40 man roster. So they'd have to re-sign him and there will be some competition for his services.

I don't think the Sox are all that interested in Bourgeois if they were they would have just added him to the 40 rather than letting him hit free agency.

I understand this situation differently but could be wrong on this. My understanding is they have until one week before the Rule 5 draft to add him to the 40 man and in the interim he's still under their control, despite certain media listing him as a minor league FA. Regier said they were evaluating whether or not to put him on the 40.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
I understand this situation differently but could be wrong on this. My understanding is they have until one week before the Rule 5 draft to add him to the 40 man and in the interim he's still under their control, despite certain media listing him as a minor league FA. Regier said they were evaluating whether or not to put him on the 40.

Then my question is; how did the Rangers sign Warner Madrigal yesterday as a minor league free agent from the Angels? According to the Dallas Morning News:

Minor league pitchers signed: The Rangers signed RHP Warner Madrigal, 23, and added him to the 40-man roster Sunday.

The Angels signed the Dominican as an outfielder in 2001. He started pitching late in 2006.

A story on the Angels' Web site this month reported Madrigal was placed on their 40-man roster. But he was declared a free agent in late October because the deadline regarding signing players changed this off-season.

Texas officials checked into Madrigal's status and got him signed. Daniels said Madrigal was someone the Rangers would have considered picking in the Rule 5 draft. But by signing him now, Madrigal still has options the Rangers can use to get him more experience in the minors.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
Then my question is; how did the Rangers sign Warner Madrigal yesterday as a minor league free agent from the Angels? According to the Dallas Morning News:

I thought Bourgeois didn't actually BECOME a minor league free agent until December.

Also, by the way, this move for Cabrera... could mean, maybe, Uribe is moved. All the more need for Bourgeois as a utility infielder.

Here's a blurb about a similar player from River Avenue Blues, a Yankees blog:

"Speaking of catchers, if anyone was hoping that the Rays would leave catcher John Jaso (.316/.408/.484 at AA this year) off their 40-man roster, you're going to be disappointed. The Rays plan to add him prior to Tuesday's deadline for the Rule 5 draft."

The post was from late last week, so I am assuming he means tomorrow 11/20, which is about two weeks before the draft. Again, conflicting information all over the place.

Roto again:

Jason Bourgeois-DH- White Sox Nov. 21 - 3:19 pm et

White Sox re-signed second baseman-outfielder Jason Bourgeois to a minor league contract.

Bourgeois, who turns 26 in January, looked like one of the better minor league free agents out there after hitting .306/.365/.440 between Double- and Triple-A last season. Whether he gets a chance to make the White Sox next spring could depend on what happens with Pablo Ozuna.