No to Pippen and Grant

Missing34

just reading today that Paxson is considering signing Pippen and possibly Ho Grant. Please for the love of God, do not bring back these back stabbing bastards.

Pippen badmouthed us for years and I don't give a rats ass if it was because of Krause or not. We the fans suffered through the years of subpar basketball and Grant wanted out when Jordan quit because he thought he would have greener pastures in Orlando

Let it be heard no to No tippin Scottie Pippen and Ho G.

Does the team really need old vets? Scotty can talk about how to not play with a headache and how to refuse to play if your number isn't called. Scotty and Horace should be looking at contenders to fill out their time. No need for them to lose 50 games at the end of their career. I was never impressed enough with their work ethic. Well maybe Horace was good. I like the guys, just don't think they fit the 2004 Bulls.

I think both are very solid vets that would add the right thing to this club...Defense and leadership. 

I'd definately take them two.  I prefer to get Corey Maggette though  :D

These two would be ideal and cheap. Any other opinion is just a personal agenda. Get over it.

Get over it. I refuse to just look the other way, because an over the hill former star of the championship years wants to come back and play. he is a cancer and only Jordan put him in a remission. He has underachieved on talented teams for years since '98. He and Michael are a big reason free agents wouldn't come here and now I'm suppose to welcome him back and get over it. That just won't happen my friend.

Get over it.  I refuse to just look the other way, because an over the hill former star of the championship years wants to come back and play.  he is a cancer and only Jordan put him in a remission.  He has underachieved on talented teams for years since '98.  He and Michael are a big reason free agents wouldn't come here and now I'm suppose to welcome him back and get over it.  That just won't happen my friend.

That post lacks intelligence and understanding. Pippen was being considered a possible mvp candidate last season, although far fetched, at the age of 38?(before his injury) He is one of the best players of all time, and we would have won ZERO rings without him. Your basketball knowledge seems to be lacking...........or like i said earlier, you have personal issues YOU need to deal with.

You make me laugh. Out loud actually. Pippen an MVP candidate, How many votes did he get? He played descent last year, I'll give you that and I don't doubt the fact that he may even help the Bulls a little. But what exactly is it that intrigues you about him. Is it the fact that he was a crybaby, bashed ownership for a contract they warned him about, sat out in the biggest game of the season, bad mouthed us to potential free agents or his off the court problems.

No question we don't win championships without Pippen, however had we not had Pippen, we would have had someone else. particularly Eddie Jones and Eldon Cambell, who at the time were playing good basketball.

Fact is we wouldn't have won without Jordan. Pippen as good as he was was replaceable. Anytime you would like to go head to head on knowledge about basketball, baseball or any other sport please feel free.

The debate really isn't about how good they were/are/or will be, the issue is are they a good fit for the 2003/2004 Bulls and I don't see what they would accomplish. They wouldn't even help sell tickets after the first week of the season. This could be billed as what The Rooks Reunited Tour?

I cheered hard for both of those guys and am glad they played for the Bulls. But, like an ex-lover, it's rarely good to reunite. Hang Pippens jersey from the rafter when he comes to town and kiss him goodbye.

These two would be ideal and cheap. Any other opinion is just a personal agenda.  Get over it.

I agree with that. Horace Grant, though, went out and made it personal to beat us in the 95 playoffs. Pippen never said he hated the team as a whole. Nobody liked Krause, so what's wrong with being honest? Pippen will be a vet and will help out with the d that needs so much work with the Bulls. The question is whether Scottie wants to be on a mediocre team his last year or 2. I just don't want to see Pippen with the Lakers. That would crush me because I hate the Lakers with a passion.

I agree with that. Horace Grant, though, went out and made it personal to beat us in the 95 playoffs. Pippen never said he hated the team as a whole. Nobody liked Krause, so what's wrong with being honest? Pippen will be a vet and will help out with the d that needs so much work with the Bulls. The question is whether Scottie wants to be on a mediocre team his last year or 2. I just don't want to see Pippen with the Lakers. That would crush me because I hate the Lakers with a passion.

What Pippen and Grant could and will teach the young guys is immeasurable. Real bull fans would love to see these two back. Count me in.

You make me laugh. Out loud actually.  Pippen an MVP candidate, How many votes did he get?  He played descent last year, I'll give you that and I don't doubt the fact that he may even help the Bulls a little.  But what exactly is it that intrigues you about him.  Is it the fact that he was a crybaby, bashed ownership for a contract they warned him about, sat out in the biggest game of the season, bad mouthed us to potential free agents or his off the court problems.

No question we don't win championships without Pippen, however had we not had Pippen, we would have had someone else.  particularly Eddie Jones and Eldon Cambell, who at the time were playing good basketball.

Fact is we wouldn't have won without Jordan.  Pippen as good as he was was replaceable.  Anytime you would like to go head to head on knowledge about basketball, baseball or any other sport please feel free.

I said prior to his injury. Try reading it again. Prior to his imjury, without a doubt, he was a top 10 mvp candidate, at an old age. Its a fact in which cannot be debated. Stop before you make yourself look even less informed about the game of basketball. Thanks. As far as your pathetic challenge, i got better things to do than argue with a 3 year old, but thanks for the offer. :bang

What Pippen and Grant could and will teach the young guys is immeasurable.  Real bull fans would love to see these two back.  Count me in.

I'm not sold that ageing stars, near the end of their careers, a step or two slow can really teach younger players anything. Look at the Wizards, they had a chance to learn from the greatest player ever and most of them gripped, pissed, and moaned about his drive for the playoffs. Those players are not that different than the Bulls younger players, don;t kid yourself.

This team is looking to be really good, contending good, in 2005 or 2006, why waste two roster spots on players who will not be around then? Do you think Scotty and Horace are going to hang with kids? I'll tell you at their age some of the current roster could be their kids. You have coaches to teach. Better to use two roster spots on guys in their mid/late twenties who can take some of the minutes, be competitive, save the franchise some money, not complain.

I had season tickets for the Bulls and still love the franchise. But bringing in these guys at this point in their careers and this point in the Bulls building would be a mistake.

Do you think Pax would really want guys on the floor that he played with? I'm wondering about respect issues. Pax needs the team to think of him as the GM.

You basically argued a point against yourself. The guy is 38 and can't play an entire season. And as I've stated before his play isn't my problem. The fact that he is a hypocrite is my problem, and now he wants to be in the front office, it gets funnier by the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. BMR

Based on the fact that Pippen hasn't signed with the Bulls yet and the reports that he has been "playing the Bull" to gain leverage elsewhere I am wondering if you still think we should bring him back. Again, I have no problem with Pippen's skills (although diminished), my problem is he is a jerk, a "me" first person and has badmouthed our organization since '98. Is this someone we want around young players?

Mr. BMR

Based on the fact that Pippen hasn't signed with the Bulls yet and the reports that he has been "playing the Bull" to gain leverage elsewhere I am wondering if you still think we should bring him back.  Again, I have no problem with Pippen's skills (although diminished), my problem is he is a jerk, a "me" first person and has badmouthed our organization since '98.  Is this someone we want around young players?

Nah, i said last night, lets go after Posey. f*** Pippen. :fyou

Damn, you ripped me apart, called me unknowledgable and told me to get over my agenda and now you are saying f*** Pippen.  Good for you.

I wanted him. Now he is being a prick, when the bulls organization is showing him respect. I think the Bulls may still sign him. He is being an ass cuz we wont offer him a job after he is done playing. Let him go somewhere else. Krauss is gone. He has no excuse now. Yet hes still being a dick. :fyou

I do, all the time.  Sticking up for kids when you pick on them isnt one of those times. :nono

Oh.. did you apologize to wsc..? Did you apologize to 34 for calling him names..?

Did you admit that having a prick like Pippin on the team would not be good for the youngins..? Of course not, hypocrite.

Edited to fix wcs to wsc. Sorry bout that..