Black Friday

GoodAsGould

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm not sure. My wife went out this morning for it all and is on her way back now. One of the main things we were after was the $80 Zune at Toys R Us. It's the 30GB one. That's a heck of a price for one of those things. I think she's pretty loaded down now though.

My wife is trying to get one of those for our oldest son as well. No idea if she made it or not, and i am worried for the credit cards as she is still not home!

just got a status report from the wife.....she found the V-tech game system for our 5 year old for $35. as a special it came with an extra joystick (around $25) and an extra game ($20). God Bless the fine folks at Radio Shack for finally doing something right.

The older one is getting her Ipod Mini so she will be happy as well.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm not sure. My wife went out this morning for it all and is on her way back now. One of the main things we were after was the $80 Zune at Toys R Us. It's the 30GB one. That's a heck of a price for one of those things. I think she's pretty loaded down now though.

If she didn't get one, keep an eye on woot.com. They've been having the 30GB Zunes on there for $79.99 + $5 shipping several times in the last month.

I didn't see anything worth running out for. Office Max has some good deals on a few things, but the sale lasts all weekend.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
If she didn't get one, keep an eye on woot.com. They've been having the 30GB Zunes on there for $79.99 + $5 shipping several times in the last month.

I didn't see anything worth running out for. Office Max has some good deals on a few things, but the sale lasts all weekend.

Thanks for the tip!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
I don't do Black Friday, but my wife and her Mom picked up a bunch of stuff for the Secret Santa thing we're doing for an underprivileged family.

They got toys for the son, gifts for the Mom and Dad, clothes for all three, plus food and sundries, all for under 150 bucks.

Sure...make the rest of us feel like greedy bastards. :crying

I picked up a TomTom One from Circuit City. The black friday sale prices were online this year on Thanksgiving. So I bought it without leaving the comfort of my hosue and will pick it up later from Countryside. It worked out great.

Last year I froze my ass off waiting in a line all night for a 37 inch LCD TV at microcenter. It was nice to take this year off.

Well, I just participated in my first Black Friday shopping ever, and it was awful and fun at the same time.

Got to Circuit City at 3:30 (which i learned was definitely not soon enough) to get a laptop for my mom, but they were out by the time I got to the laptops. So, I picked up 9 DVDs/TV Box Sets, so I did get something accomplished. The part that sucked was freezing outside for an hour and a half, and waiting in line to checkout for, no joke, another hour and a half. I got in line to check out at 6:01 and finally left the store at 7:28. Made me never want to do this Black Friday crap again, unless it's for a really good deal on something. All-in-all it was definitely a memorable experience.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
37" LCD HDTV. I can't wait to get this baby hooked up so I can see what everyone's raving about regarding NHL HD broadcasts.

Oh, you'll rave too - it shocked me how much better a hockey broadcast is in HD than standard broadcast quality.