GGW "Creator" - "Jail Is Mean"

The Critic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
Files fraudulent tax returns.

Started his career with glorified snuff films.

Takes advantage of stupid, drunk, sometimes underaged girls with low self-esteem.

Yep, all heroic traits.

Exactly. And now on to address DB,

What Hef (and Flynt) did and do is much different than this assclown. First things first, what Hef and Flynt did was legal -- and while Flynt fought for the 1st Amendment with numerous court cases (ultimately winning) at least he did his time without complaining about having to be in jail for what he was doing.

This guy is just an opportunist clown.

Saying him and Hef are my heroes was half joking. I just dont see why people are concerned with what this guy does. He is not the first guy to file fraudulent tax returns or take advantage of drunk girls with low self esteem.

I heard two people talking about this guy the other day and when the one guy brought up taking advantage of people with low self esteem the other guy brought up some good points. Look at a guy like Tony Robbins, he is the king of taking advantage of people with low self esteem and he gets praised for it because it doesnt involve nudity.

He may be arrogant and not have the best morals or business ethics but there are elected government officials, cops and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies who do much worse but dont get talked about.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 06:15 AM)
Saying him and Hef are my heroes was half joking. I just dont see why people are concerned with what this guy does. He is not the first guy to file fraudulent tax returns or take advantage of drunk girls with low self esteem.

I heard two people talking about this guy the other day and when the one guy brought up taking advantage of people with low self esteem the other guy brought up some good points. Look at a guy like Tony Robbins, he is the king of taking advantage of people with low self esteem and he gets praised for it because it doesnt involve nudity.

He may be arrogant and not have the best morals or business ethics but there are elected government officials, cops and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies who do much worse but dont get talked about.

Maybe you should bring all of those people up too, so we can all agree that they are douchebags as well :D

If you don't see a difference between Tony Robbins and this ass clown, which one would you rather see your mom appear with? Let's make a pile of people's whose lives were ruined by each person and see which pile is bigger. Let's see whose lives were made better, and see whose pile is bigger.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 08:38 AM)
If you don't see a difference between Tony Robbins and this ass clown, which one would you rather see your mom appear with? Let's make a pile of people's whose lives were ruined by each person and see which pile is bigger. Let's see whose lives were made better, and see whose pile is bigger.

Tex, there are probably alot of teenage boys whose lives were made better (at least for a short while) by the GGW videos. Might be a close race! And then you have the marketing people who benefitted from selling the videos, the stations that aired the commercials, and his drug dealer.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)
Tex, there are probably alot of teenage boys whose lives were made better (at least for a short while) by the GGW videos. Might be a close race! And then you have the marketing people who benefitted from selling the videos, the stations that aired the commercials, and his drug dealer.

:lol: I hope that was in green ;)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 08:38 AM)

I see the difference but I also see a similarity. Its not the same thing but at the end of the day they are both making a profit on people with low self esteem.

Also, its funny you brought that up about Robbins, my mom actually got 2 free passes to attend a Robbins convention a few years ago and brought my brother. When they came back they were both brainwashed, and unless you have seen someone you know as well as intermediate family come back from one of theose things, I dont wanna hear that I wouldnt know if they were. For the next 6 months they thought their lives would fall apart if they didnt buy tickets to the next conference or at least buy the newest cds to listen to. Now my brother who lives in LA is struggling trying to be an actor and wont even consider exploring a plan B because Tony Robbins told him that having a contingency plan means you have already conceded that your dream is going to fail and the only way to accomplish this is with his very expensive help.

Also, since there is absolutely no way to determine who has hurt more lives its pointless to debate it, but IMHO someone making people think they can change the outcome of everyday events by using their minds can hurt someone a lot worse than going to Cancun and getting drunk and flashing a camera for a t shirt.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
:lol: I hope that was in green ;)

It would have been had this POS computer at home let me do that. It doesn't like Soxtalk for some reason. In fact, half the time I hit 'reply', it quit explorer all together. When it doesn't shut down, it doesn't give me all the option like text color. So yeah, consider it green.

I'd say selling false hope is much worse than selling tapes of girls who signed waivers to lift their shirts.

I don't care what Joe did, but if his allegations are true, nobody should be defending these pigs. Corrupt cops and guards are criminals too.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)
I'd say selling false hope is much worse than selling tapes of girls who signed waivers to lift their shirts.

I don't care what Joe did, but if his allegations are true, nobody should be defending these pigs. Corrupt cops and guards are criminals too.

Just remember, everybody in jail says they are innocent. (make that in green, or a half green if there is one!)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 02:11 PM)

Not certain I would call it false hope any more that a NFL coach telling his team they can win a Super Bowl this year.

Not certain I would call it false hope any more that a NFL coach telling his team they can win a Super Bowl this year.

So it's ok to have people who are depressed, or having identity crisis run across hot coals and tell them their problems are solved? Not only that, but to charge money for it?

Are you seriously comparing a mental disease to playing a football game? :huh:

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
So it's ok to have people who are depressed, or having identity crisis run across hot coals and tell them their problems are solved? Not only that, but to charge money for it?

Im assuming you know someone who went there cuz they actually do that

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)

Not those that are depressed or having an identity crisis, they need professional help. But that is a very small percentage of his customers. I am comparing Robbins to a sports coach. He offers motivation, success tips, and a giant dose of confidence just like a coach. Same with Dennis Waitley, Og Mandino, Zig Ziglier, Norman Vincent Peal, Dale Carnegie, and a host of others. We accept that a football player needs a coach, why not a sales rep? A designer? a school teacher?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
Not those that are depressed or having an identity crisis, they need professional help. But that is a very small percentage of his customers. I am comparing Robbins to a sports coach. He offers motivation, success tips, and a giant dose of confidence just like a coach. Same with Dennis Waitley, Og Mandino, Zig Ziglier, Norman Vincent Peal, Dale Carnegie, and a host of others. We accept that a football player needs a coach, why not a sales rep? A designer? a school teacher?

I dont think the motivation would as bad if it was being offered for free. A sports coach tries to motivate his players by pumping them up and its also only for an athletic contest. Robbins charges a fortune and makes hopeless people think they will fail if they dont keep paying him for their help.

Tony Robbins thread anyone?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 09:30 AM)
I dont think the motivation would as bad if it was being offered for free. A sports coach tries to motivate his players by pumping them up and its also only for an athletic contest. Robbins charges a fortune and makes hopeless people think they will fail if they dont keep paying him for their help.

Tony Robbins thread anyone?

Perhaps hopeless people should not be attending? It would be terrible if someone gave them hope. ;)

There is not an affliction that humans suffer that we have not exploited for profit.

Hopelessly overweight? Call Jenny Craig

Hopelessly single? On-Line to eHarmony

Hopelessly tired? Get a new bed

Hurt or Injured? Got Insurance?

Don't like your nose? Call a surgeon

By your definition because some overweight people believe that without Jenny they will return to being overweight, Jenny is bad or should provide her services for free?

Perhaps hopeless people should not be attending? It would be terrible if someone gave them hope. ;)

There is not an affliction that humans suffer that we have not exploited for profit.

Hopelessly overweight? Call Jenny Craig

Hopelessly single? On-Line to eHarmony

Hopelessly tired? Get a new bed

Hurt or Injured? Got Insurance?

Don't like your nose? Call a surgeon

By your definition because some overweight people believe that without Jenny they will return to being overweight, Jenny is bad or should provide her services for free?

The difference is their solutions related directly to the situation.

With self help gurus their "solution" to any problem is to run across hot coals or broken glass. There is no scientific evidence that running across hot coals will cure your mental issues. It's just a cheap carny trick.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Theres no hope for my pesky restless leg syndrome

Of course there is http://www.mirapex.com/?sc=MIRMIWEBSEM0507_001 :lol: but it simply masks the symptoms, which is much more profitable than curing the affliction. Drug companies pour much more R&D into treatments for symptoms than to actually cure the disease, while giving hope to those afflicted that a cure is just around the corner, providing they will donate to XYZ Association.

:unsure:

Then who exactly is going? People who don't have problems and like to waste money?

The UPW is his most well known seminar, during which the participants walk barefoot over hot coals at the end of the first evening. The aim of the seminar, demonstrated in the firewalk, is to illustrate that the main quality shared by those who achieve greatness is the ability to take action ('Personal Power'). Robbins' philosophy asserts that fear often holds people back from achieving what they want with their life, and that fear is a more powerful motivator than desire or attraction. Walking safely on burning coals (with the correct preparation of the coals, and instruction of the participants) requires no special physical skills, you simply have to have the courage to brave it. Applying that same principle to other aspects of life can, Robbins claims, empower the individual to attempt tasks he or she would previously (erroneously) have considered impossible

What a f***ing scam artist.