Over 21 Thread - Anything Alcohol - :-)

Texsox

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
I'm surprised that they're all these people who like Vodka this much. I guess maybe it's a regional thing, but no one (except girls, no offense. Just how it is) really drink Vodka. I'd say most of my friends drink whiskey. The only thing I like vodka in is a Bloody Mary, which happens to be one of my favorite mixed drinks. I guess I've had it with lemonade once too, and I remember that it wasn't that bad. Kinda curious to what y'all think? Is drinking whiskey just more of a Southern thing?

I think it's mostly that vodka mixes with basically everything and is relatively cheap. I had a strict no-flavored policy when I was buying though. :P

I do think region affects it though, I think only like one guy I knew drank whiskey, unless there was an insane special at some liquor store (ie when Southern Comfort was $7 a bottle :P ).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
I'm surprised that they're all these people who like Vodka this much. I guess maybe it's a regional thing, but no one (except girls, no offense. Just how it is) really drink Vodka. I'd say most of my friends drink whiskey. The only thing I like vodka in is a Bloody Mary, which happens to be one of my favorite mixed drinks. I guess I've had it with lemonade once too, and I remember that it wasn't that bad. Kinda curious to what y'all think? Is drinking whiskey just more of a Southern thing?

Regional, over here you see some whiskey, but top shelf tequila also sells well. Gin and Vodka for Martinis. I also was just thinking how Pimms and soda was a great summer drink but I have not seen a bottle of Pimms since I moved.

I tell you guys one thing.

My sister made pecan pies for Thanksgiving. She ran out of vanilla extract and used rum instead.

Needless to say, the recipe has been ammended to include rum from now on.

MMMMmmmmmMMMM!!!!

:wub:

Edited by knightni

Plenty of people in Chicago drink whiskey. Very few drink it straight, but Jack and Coke is very popular.

I agree that it seems women drink vodka more than men.

Older people seem to drink more of the hard stuff. Get a bunch of old guys in the same bar and watch the Scotch fly off the shelf.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
Plenty of people in Chicago drink whiskey. Very few drink it straight, but Jack and Coke is very popular.

I agree that it seems women drink vodka more than men.

Older people seem to drink more of the hard stuff. Get a bunch of old guys in the same bar and watch the Scotch fly off the shelf.

oh god yeah, scotch is known as the "old man booze" in this apartment, but we love it.

And at least on college campuses, I agree with you, vodka is a chick drink

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Hey! I drink bourbon. Not as much as I'd like, though. Vodka is good because it mixes with anything and you can't taste it, really.

I'm surprised more of the college crowd hasn't mentioned anything with Red Bull.

jaegerbombs are my love.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
oh god yeah, scotch is known as the "old man booze" in this apartment, but we love it.

And at least on college campuses, I agree with you, vodka is a chick drink

I think there is a lot more peer pressure on what to drink when you are in college. As you get older you drink what you like, not to proove your manhood.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)
I think there is a lot more peer pressure on what to drink when you are in college. As you get older you drink what you like, not to proove your manhood.

Agreed. Also I would rather spend for quality rather than quantity. In college it was definitely the opposite.

QUOTE(G&T @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
Agreed. Also I would rather spend for quality rather than quantity. In college it was definitely the opposite.

Yeah, that got old pretty fast for me. I think another part of that is that you drink what is available at first unless you go the fake ID route. By senior year I definitely stopped drinking s*** like Ron Rico, Smirnoff, and basically any cheap light beer.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 11:13 AM)

In College you're just trying to get as drunk as you can on the least amount of money. Taste and flavor do not factor into it.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
I got a bottle of Johnnie Walker red from my brother, and man is that stuff gonna take some time getting use to...

thats funny, i was drinking johnnie walker double shots on the rocks at bars before i was 19 hahahahaha

more proof =)

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 12:23 AM)
Yeah, that got old pretty fast for me. I think another part of that is that you drink what is available at first unless you go the fake ID route. By senior year I definitely stopped drinking s*** like Ron Rico, Smirnoff, and basically any cheap light beer.

I still drank cheap light beer my senior year. I couldn't handle vodka anymore because it made me sick, so the cheap beer went down easy. Basically tastes like water. These days I like better beer.

At my Christmas Party last night, I had a few French 75's. It's almost like a Tom Collins, but has Champagne instead of club soda. For those of you who don't know, it contains gin, champagne, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and a lime. A pretty solid drink, though sweet.

A couple Spring Breaks ago I was at a locals bar on South Padre and some obnoxious dude was annoying all the women by hitting on them with the worst lines (are there any good) and annoying all the guys by telling them he could drink like an entire case of beer without getting buzzed.

I looked at him and said, "too bad man, I feel really sorry for you."

"whaaat? "

"you can drink a case of beer and not get buzzed, yeah, I'm sorry for you dude"

"cause I'm a real man and can hold my liquor?"

"no cause you would waste $100 buying beer and not get buzzed, seems stupid to me. Hell, I've had four and I'm feeling really happy right now, kind of mellow, nice buzz."

I've been sampling a lot of wheat beers lately and when I go back to some regular cheap domestic, it tastes like crap.