Over 21 Thread - Anything Alcohol - :-)

Texsox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 9, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Blue Moon tastes like Corona with a lime in it.... a rotten lime. I think it's on it's 14th minute of fame.

Blue Moon is no world-class beer to be sure, but it's easily the most interesting beer the Coors company has ever produced. It's actually not an altogether terrible megabrew Belgian witbier interpretation, but I think it's a little too perfumy and not quite acidic enough to be considered fully authentic. I'll drink it in a pinch, and happily so if the only alternative is adjunct-loaded megaswill.

The rotten lime flavor you allude to is likely the bittter orange peel added to the boil, and the coriander also gives citrusy notes. If you try a Belgian Hoegarden or a Wit, or an American Allagash White or a Lost Coast Great White and don't find them enjoyable, it's priobably more of a stylistic impasse than Blue Moon's lack of merit.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 10, 2007 -> 09:45 AM)
Blue Moon is no world-class beer to be sure, but it's easily the most interesting beer the Coors company has ever produced. It's actually not an altogether terrible megabrew Belgian witbier interpretation, but I think it's a little too perfumy and not quite acidic enough to be considered fully authentic. I'll drink it in a pinch, and happily so if the only alternative is adjunct-loaded megaswill.

The rotten lime flavor you allude to is likely the bittter orange peel added to the boil, and the coriander also gives citrusy notes. If you try a Belgian Hoegarden or a Wit, or an American Allagash White or a Lost Coast Great White and don't find them enjoyable, it's priobably more of a stylistic impasse than Blue Moon's lack of merit.

Who took my FlaSoxxJim to English dictionary? I need it, this seems important!

Had our work's XMas Party last night.

We had it at some big gallery near Melbourne, and when you walked in, there was a red carpet with about 20 waiters / waitresses each side of it holding out beer / champagne / wine etc., so that was a nice feeling.

Pretty much drank Stella's for most of the night, but the highlight of the evening was when I could purchase a Leffe blonde at the place next door that we went to afterwards.

Although the cost was rather steep ($9.50 ugh), Leffe would be one of my top 2 or 3 beers right now.

Drank Bud Light. I hate Bud Light, but I put a candy cane in it and by god it tasted awesome. It tasted light christmas.

And before you all chastize me, I leaned that trick from a guy in chicago tailgating before for the bears/bucs game last december..

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 03:57 AM)
Had our work's XMas Party last night.

We had it at some big gallery near Melbourne, and when you walked in, there was a red carpet with about 20 waiters / waitresses each side of it holding out beer / champagne / wine etc., so that was a nice feeling.

Pretty much drank Stella's for most of the night, but the highlight of the evening was when I could purchase a Leffe blonde at the place next door that we went to afterwards.

Although the cost was rather steep ($9.50 ugh), Leffe would be one of my top 2 or 3 beers right now.

I like leffe a lot too, but there have been occasions where I found it repulsive.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
After I first tried this beer, I was at a loss as how to describe the taste. Then someone else nailed it for me.

Fruity Pebbles.

hahahhaa.

The same thing happened to me. Everyone thought it tasted weird, then i said fruit loops and everyone agreed.