• It's A Wonderful Life
    • A Christmas Story
    • Scrooge
    • Home Alone (any one)
    • How The Gringe Stole Christmas
    • A Christmas Carol
    • A Charlie Brown Christmas

bumble-yukon.jpg

"Hey what about me, Yukon Cornelius, and Rudolf. Did you forget about us Tex" The Bumble

frostyfinal1.jpg

"I know you don't see snow down in Texas, but there was a story about a certain snowman also you missed Tex" Frosty the Snowman

Edited by southsideirish71

It's not a movie but "Night of the Meek" was an old Twilight Zone episode where Art Carney played a drunken department store Santa. He finds an old cloth bag which has the ability to give whatever a person wants. He passes out gifts until the bag is empty and someone says he didn't take anything for himself. He replies that his only wish is to do this every year. His wish is granted. It's really good and really warms the heart.

Rod Serling's opening narration: "This is Mr. Henry Corwin, normally unemployed, who once a year takes the lead role in the uniquely popular American institution, that of the department-store Santa Claus in a road-company version of 'The Night Before Christmas'. But in just a moment Mr. Henry Corwin, ersatz Santa Claus, will enter a strange kind of North Pole which is one part the wondrous spirit of Christmas and one part the magic that can only be found... in the Twilight Zone."

I haven't seen it in years but it's unforgettable.

By "Scrooge", I assume you mean the 1951 Christmas carol adaptation with Alastair Sim in the lead role, and not Bill Murry's "Scrooged" (which is itself quite fun). The Alastair Sim Christmas Carol is THE Christmas Carol, and I'll have words with any man who sez otherwise.

For anybody who hasn't seen it, the Matt Goening and Drew Barrymore animated adaptation of "Olive the Other Reindeer" from a few years back should be a classic by now but I know lots of people have yet to discover it.

QUOTE(juddling @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
Both my girls saw Elf over the weekend and liked it alot. i thought it was ok, but they already want to see it again.

like as in your children? there's no way I can take that seriously with an avatar like that...lol unless that's your wife...then congrats :lol:

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
It's a Wonderful Life.

Schmaltzy, but whatever, I am woman enough to admit it. :)

I like the heartwarming moment when he decides that getting drunk and killing himself is a good idea :lol:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
By "Scrooge", I assume you mean the 1951 Christmas carol adaptation with Alastair Sim in the lead role, and not Bill Murry's "Scrooged" (which is itself quite fun). The Alastair Sim Christmas Carol is THE Christmas Carol, and I'll have words with any man who sez otherwise.

For anybody who hasn't seen it, the Matt Goening and Drew Barrymore animated adaptation of "Olive the Other Reindeer" from a few years back should be a classic by now but I know lots of people have yet to discover it.

The Alistair Sim Christmas Carol is the only one worth watching. Period. I've got your back, Jim.

I love A Christmas Story, too. It should be on every Sox fan's list of favorites. Jean Shepard was a dyed-in-the-wool Sox fan, after all.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
The Alistair Sim Christmas Carol is the only one worth watching. Period. I've got your back, Jim.

I love A Christmas Story, too. It should be on every Sox fan's list of favorites. Jean Shepard was a dyed-in-the-wool Sox fan, after all.

I really liked the Muppet version as a kid.

And as soon as I saw a typo in the poll, I knew Critic would be the one to point it out :lol:

Before voting, I knew that "A Christmas Story" would have the most votes. I don't get the infatuation with that movie. I like it, but it always seems to be everyone's favorite.

As for my favorites: Home Alone, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Christmas Vacation. I can't really say which I like better b/c I always make it a point to watch all of those for Xmas.

Edited by dasox24