NO Trade Clause

kwill

Next snarky comment in this thread will earn said poster an internet castration and keep in mind I don't play around when it comes to the removal of internet testicles.

Fine by me, although I am not entirely sure what this means so if you could PM me I would appreciate it.

Posts 13 and 14 got it rolling and I found it interesting there was no response to post 20. Further let it be noted I have asked more than once for the poster in question to seek other posters to converse with, as I suspect there are hard feelings about me asking the poster in question to refrain from swearing in responses to me. Those requests have gone unheeded as can plainly be seen.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Fine by me, although I am not entirely sure what this means so if you could PM me I would appreciate it.

Posts 13 and 14 got it rolling and I found it interesting there was no response to post 20. Further let it be noted I have asked more than once for the poster in question to seek other posters to converse with, as I suspect there are hard feelings about me asking the poster in question to refrain from swearing in responses to me. Those requests have gone unheeded as can plainly be seen.

There is a long running "discussion" between the "stats" people and the "scouting with my eyes" people. The stats people will back up their "discussions" with "facts" and say you can't be right. You have no proof except your eyes. It's just the way it is here.

Take it for what it's worth but you will be bombarded with all sorts of acronyms to make sure your wrong. I fall in the middle but lean towards the scouting side because of my background.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
Next snarky comment in this thread will earn said poster an internet castration and keep in mind I don't play around when it comes to the removal of internet testicles.

MY INTERNET TESTICLES ARE TOO BIG TO BE CASTRATED, SO YOU GO AHEAD AND TRY

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
Great post. Riske would probably be fine as a last guy out of the pen, but that is about it. We signed Linebrink to be the primary righthanded set up man. To compare the two guys, is apples and oranges, no matter what the statistics say.

Then what do we do with MacDougal?

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)
I guess I have to explain this again, the know it all profane college kid doesn't comprehend.

I said he had a declining K rate and, follow me closely now because I'm not sure you have the ability to understand this ... He used to be over a strikeout per inning guy and he's not any more. Get it?

Apparantly you don't. Please go talk to a college girl or two instead of hanging around on message boards, it might ease your obvious frustration or whatever's bugging you, nit picker. You picked out the last three years, I looked at his entire career.

Now, as I've asked you more than once, if you insist on following me around picking arguments, go talk to another poster. It's not my fault a mod got on your back about your profanity and the tone of your responses and you've got an angry pill stuck in your throat.

Well, the more things change the more they stay the same. Quite an interesting argument. If I may post to you. I hated Riske but I do think we completly overpaid for Linebrink. That said, its done, and we need to move onto how Brian Anderson, sweeney, owens and every other minor league player we have stinks!

Linebrink and riske are nearly the same exact thing given their enviroment. The two flip leagues and it will not even make it close.

Riske> linebrink.

Riske has never been on a team where the park favors the pitcher... while linebrink has thrived in the best pitchers park in the majors.

Both have the knack for keeping you on the edge of your seat. All that i have seen in this thread is cwsguy does not watch the games blah blah blah... how many games have any of you watched linebrink pitch in the last 8 seasons? I am sure for the majority it is less than what you saw riske pitch in 2006 for the white sox. Woooooooooooooooooooh that is a feces load!!!! YAYAYAYA.

Damn though, i forgot riske cannot pitch in pressure situations and his entire season last year should be written off the books because he played for the royals last season. Linebrink clearly is just than much superior because he because he played on a winning team. Forgot all about that? Wite should have reminded me. What a dumbass.

This is why i avoided the linebrink thread because i figured it would have been full of nonsense.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
Linebrink and riske are nearly the same exact thing given their enviroment. The two flip leagues and it will not even make it close.

Riske> linebrink.

Riske has never been on a team where the park favors the pitcher... while linebrink has thrived in the best pitchers park in the majors.

Both have the knack for keeping you on the edge of your seat. All that i have seen in this thread is cwsguy does not watch the games blah blah blah... how many games have any of you watched linebrink pitch in the last 8 seasons? I am sure for the majority it is less than what you saw riske pitch in 2006 for the white sox. Woooooooooooooooooooh that is a feces load!!!! YAYAYAYA.

Damn though, i forgot riske cannot pitch in pressure situations and his entire season last year should be written off the books because he played for the royals last season. Linebrink clearly is just than much superior because he because he played on a winning team. Forgot all about that? Wite should have reminded me. What a dumbass.

This is why i avoided the linebrink thread because i figured it would have been full of nonsense.

And its been seen in the players that we have traded for from bad organizations, Mac, Masset, Sisco, etc., they dont perform as well as players who are more familiar with the pressure atmosphere and therefore can deal with it better.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2007 -> 12:38 AM)
Im going to save this one. Put them both in a set up role and its not even close.

Put Linebrink in US Cellular last season (or for the last four seasons, for that matter) and his numbers ain't going to look so shiny.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)
And its been seen in the players that we have traded for from bad organizations, Mac, Masset, Sisco, etc., they dont perform as well as players who are more familiar with the pressure atmosphere and therefore can deal with it better.

Then you can probably explain why MacDougal -- a reliever who is very familiar with a culture of losing -- was the White Sox's best reliever in 2006, right?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
Im going to save this one. Put them both in a set up role and its not even close.

Go for it. I saved this thread before i even posted. Thought it was hilarious.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 06:56 PM)

Macdougal? His first ''full'' season in the league he had a 4.08 era with 27 saves and blew 8 of them. He walked 32 out of 64 innings pitched and gave up 64 hits... all of which contributed to him being an all-star i am sure. In 2005 he slightly improved but nothing worth noting. He has always been the type of pitcher that you don't know what you are gonna get... each and every single outing. Has the ability to be lights out for a short time span... but overall he has always been too erratic. He has a whip of nearly 1.5 for his career... nearly walking one per every two innings... more hits than innings pitched... but ya he was superb before he got here. What pressure did he have in 2007? What is your excuse for him pitching as well as he did ''in'' pressure in 2006 while the sox were fighting for a playoff spot? Oops.

Masset... sisco? They are not even worth discussing because i don't even know what you were trying getat by mentioning them.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
Go for it. I saved this thread before i even posted. Thought it was hilarious.

Macdougal? His first ''full'' season in the league he had a 4.08 era with 27 saves and blew 8 of them. He walked 32 out of 64 innings pitched and gave up 64 hits... all of which contributed to him being an all-star i am sure. In 2005 he slightly improved but nothing worth noting. He has always been the type of pitcher that you don't know what you are gonna get... each and every single outing. Has the ability to be lights out for a short time span... but overall he has always been too erratic. He has a whip of nearly 1.5 for his career... nearly walking one per every two innings... more hits than innings pitched... but ya he was superb before he got here. What pressure did he have in 2007? What is your excuse for him pitching as well as he did ''in'' pressure in 2006 while the sox were fighting for a playoff spot? Oops.

Masset... sisco? They are not even worth discussing because i don't even know what you were trying getat by mentioning them.

Alright, that's about enough out of you...with your, your logical thinking and sound reasoning. That's heresy around here.

I think McD bounces back this year. I think with the pressure off of him, he will relax a little more and have some success.

What pressure was that?

ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports that the Brewers and David Riske are close to an agreement on a multiyear deal.

Olney didn't have the terms, but Riske figured to get at least $12 million for three years. While Riske has a reputation for wilting under pressure, he's been a very durable and reliable setup man through the years. The Brewers figure to keep him in that role rather than turn over closing duties to him.

God Bless David Riske. :usa

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
I think McD bounces back this year. I think with the pressure off of him, he will relax a little more and have some success.

Pressure? Last season? I always hear about this so called thing ''pressure''. Macdougal being a vet should have had even less pressure on him. There were not any realistic options all over the place... or even in the orginzation to put that pressure on him to the point that he had the season he had. Logically no one was gonna walk in and steal macdougals spot in the pen for good. Scrub after scrub was brought up/in and nothing ever got any better... there was no pressure. I could see you saying that if we brought in/up threee studs that pitched at least half a season of dominance.

If the royals are never in a pressure situation how could the sox have been with one of the worst records in baseball? It is a two way street.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
Real quick opinion, not like anyone cares. David Riske is a reliever who doesn't handle tough outs well. His stuff has deteriorated over the last few years, and I have no problem with them not tendering him last season.

They didn't non-tender him. He was a FA. They declined to offer him arbitration, which would have resulted in either 2 extra top 75 picks (about $2M in signing bonuses), or 1-year of Riske at about $2.5MM.

Well, the more things change the more they stay the same. Quite an interesting argument. If I may post to you. I hated Riske but I do think we completly overpaid for Linebrink. That said, its done, and we need to move onto how Brian Anderson, sweeney, owens and every other minor league player we have stinks!

Post to whomever you want, whatever entertains you I guess. Agree on Brian Anderson especially but that's another topic for another day and it's been covered wall to wall.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 30, 2007 -> 02:04 AM)
They didn't non-tender him. He was a FA. They declined to offer him arbitration, which would have resulted in either 2 extra top 75 picks (about $2M in signing bonuses), or 1-year of Riske at about $2.5MM.

Sorry, I meant the arb. offer. Riske very well could have picked up that 2.5 million. Let's face it though, the Sox have very little appreciation for racking up draft picks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
Sorry, I meant the arb. offer. Riske very well could have picked up that 2.5 million. Let's face it though, the Sox have very little appreciation for racking up draft picks.

You make this too easy for me. This is where I say 'Why do the Sox need extra draft picks when they'd just scew them up anyway?'

That ought to get the natives riled up.

Bob

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
Pressure? Last season? I always hear about this so called thing ''pressure''. Macdougal being a vet should have had even less pressure on him. There were not any realistic options all over the place... or even in the orginzation to put that pressure on him to the point that he had the season he had. Logically no one was gonna walk in and steal macdougals spot in the pen for good. Scrub after scrub was brought up/in and nothing ever got any better... there was no pressure. I could see you saying that if we brought in/up threee studs that pitched at least half a season of dominance.

If the royals are never in a pressure situation how could the sox have been with one of the worst records in baseball? It is a two way street.

This pressure stuff is nonsense.

The reality is most middle relivers are maddeningly inconsistent on a year to year basis. The dominant relievers are closers and the trule dominant one's get paid big bucks because of they consistently dominates. It what seperates Mariano Rivera from guys liek Riske, Eyre, etc.

McDougal sucked last year because he is inconsistent. Look at his career numbers year to year. I suspect he'll have a better year in 2008.

Bob

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Real quick opinion, not like anyone cares. David Riske is a reliever who doesn't handle tough outs well. His stuff has deteriorated over the last few years, and I have no problem with them not tendering him last season.

Sounds like a description of MacDougal to me - the tough outs part.