Baseball Cards

Rooftop Shots

I don't have an image of it, but, one of the three baseball cards I kept from my childhood collection (sold the rest before college) is the infamous Billy Ripken "f*** Face" error card. Its a Score card, with those words written on the base of the bat in his hands. I actually got one in a pack.

Incidentally, the other two I kept: Carlton Fisk rookie card that I had him sign, and a 1959 Mickey Mantle Topps card in near-mint condition that I found lying in an alley.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 30, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
I don't have an image of it, but, one of the three baseball cards I kept from my childhood collection (sold the rest before college) is the infamous Billy Ripken "f*** Face" error card. Its a Score card, with those words written on the base of the bat in his hands. I actually got one in a pack.

It's a Fleer card.

I still have quite a few cards left from when I collected.

(1981-1993 for the most part)

I have the entire 1959 Topps White Sox team; it took me nearly 15 years to finish it.

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
I have the entire 1959 Topps White Sox team; it took me nearly 15 years to finish it.

I haven't done anything with my cards since I mover a few years back, but I still need 3 or 4 more to finish that team set.

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
It's a Fleer card.

I still have quite a few cards left from when I collected.

(1981-1993 for the most part)

What I'd like to do with my 1959 set someday is have a poster with the old Comiskey with the 59 set bordering it in one frame, and in another frame, have a poster of the Cell and the Topps 2005 world series set bordering it. Just can't seem to find the pics that I am looking for in poster form.

I know that I posted this in the past quite a few times, but I have literally every topps Sox card ranging from 1959 to present day, and thats including "leader" cards, rookies, updates, tradeds, etc. I am missing "ONE" card that is nearly impossible to get in order to complete my collection. A 1963 Al Weis rookie #537. Why is that such a big deal? Pete Rose rookie is on there wih him. Check e-bay quite often for a beat up one, but not much success. I'm to the point, where I don't care if the corners are rounded, bent in half or even written on. Just want to get a hold of one someday just to finally complete it.

Even pretty bad ones are in the $100.00 and up range. GmMnit...about $10,000,000

Anyone have any suggestions.....I'm open.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
I know that I posted this in the past quite a few times, but I have literally every topps Sox card ranging from 1959 to present day, and thats including "leader" cards, rookies, updates, tradeds, etc. I am missing "ONE" card that is nearly impossible to get in order to complete my collection. A 1963 Al Weis rookie #537. Why is that such a big deal? Pete Rose rookie is on there wih him. Check e-bay quite often for a beat up one, but not much success. I'm to the point, where I don't care if the corners are rounded, bent in half or even written on. Just want to get a hold of one someday just to finally complete it.

Even pretty bad ones are in the $100.00 and up range. GmMnit...about $10,000,000

Anyone have any suggestions.....I'm open.

Wow, that's pretty good. I only go from 1966 to 2006 as complete (for Sox team sets). Go from 1974 to 2006 for topps complete sets.

• 2 weeks later...