The loss of a legend

Kyyle23

While at Field camp, we took a day in Butte, MT on our way back to camp from Glacier. It was actually Evel Knievel day in Butte that week, because he was from that city. We drove past him up at the Butte mine. Have a great picture of him in full outfit sitting in front of this gigantic scar on the earth. You just wanted him to jump it.

I remember all the hullabaloo during the summer of 1974 (I was 10). During some of the coverage, someone asked the ABC science correspondent if he thought Evel would make the jump over the Snake River Canyon. I was thinking, "Didn't we just send men to the moon? Of course he can make it."

I seem to remember an incident where he snuck out of Hinsdale Hospital after an injury sometime in the mid 70's, too.

Did anyone else have the EK doll with the bike that you'd put in this base and wind it up and let him go?? It came with ramps and alll kinds of obstacles you could set up for him. I spent hours and hours playing with that thing.

RIP.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 02:15 AM)
Did anyone else have the EK doll with the bike that you'd put in this base and wind it up and let him go?? It came with ramps and alll kinds of obstacles you could set up for him. I spent hours and hours playing with that thing.

RIP.

No. I believe you had the prototype, and it was never marketed to other kids.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 03:15 AM)

RIP.

I had it. One of my favorite toys for sure. RIP man.