Thoughts on M-Cab and Uribe

rowand's rowdies

Hello everybody, we're back. Hopefully we can be back at the ballpark, supporting A-Row this summer, but that's another conversation all together. Just wanted to chime in on two things.

(1) Miguel Cabrera.

This guy is a stud. He is right there with Pujols hitting wise, just lesser known becuase he plays for the marlins. If the rumors are true, and he is losing weight and working on speed, he could play 4 positions (1B,3B, LF, RF). He is also only 24. Let me repeat that, he is ONLY 24. Josh Fields is 24, but is 5 months older than Miggy as he is turning 25 in a week. Who right now is the better player? At best, Josh's ceiling is a 40 HR guy who bats .275. Miguel could be one of the best players in MLB history. He would also excel at a hitters park like the Cell, which Miami stadium is not. Now, I'm not bashing Josh Fields, I love the guy. However, I am partial to Crede and wouldn't mind keeping him as a 3B/DH combo this year as an insurance policy. Jimmy can't hit LH pitching that well anyway. He could play some 3B as well when Miggy plays OF. Now, we would depleat the farm system, but the farm system is what it is for a reason. We can replenish by making better draft and personnel decisions. We can also replace a SP such as Danks or Floyd with a low cost veteran FA such as a Colon or Clement. Hell, sign a few of them and see who pans out. Loaiza worked out pretty well back in the day.

(2) Rauch for Uribe + Cash?

Saw that the Nats are looking to use Rauch to get a shortstop. They went after Guzman a few years back after his time in MIN, and he is very similiar to Uribe. Might help or hurt. We would have to throw in a prospect (or Sisco, Aardsma, or MacDougal) and some $, but he would help the bullpen or the starting rotation. I always liked him.

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
(2) Rauch for Uribe + Cash?

Saw that the Nats are looking to use Rauch to get a shortstop. They went after Guzman a few years back after his time in MIN, and he is very similiar to Uribe. Might help or hurt. We would have to throw in a prospect (or Sisco, Aardsma, or MacDougal) and some $, but he would help the bullpen or the starting rotation. I always liked him.

Rauch aint coming back

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
Rauch...Been There Done That....Mike Cameron 4 Home Runs, Need I Say More.

Rauch gave up like 1 of those homers; you are referring more to Jim Parque then anyone else.

Besides that, that's absolutely terrible reasoning. So yeah, you need to say a lot more to deject a pitcher like that. He's actually been a pretty damn good reliever for his past 230 innings or so; maybe you need to look at his history.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
Rauch gave up like 1 of those homers; you are referring more to Jim Parque then anyone else.

Besides that, that's absolutely terrible reasoning. So yeah, you need to say a lot more to deject a pitcher like that. He's actually been a pretty damn good reliever for his past 230 innings or so; maybe you need to look at his history.

Rauch isnt a white sox because he left the game he started early. Rauch was being sent down after the game and he told the sox he left in the 6th inning or so after he was pulled to get a jump on heading back to AAA. Basically he was never going to pitch for teh sox again, and i doubt we reacquire him

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Rauch isnt a white sox because he left the game he started early. Rauch was being sent down after the game and he told the sox he left in the 6th inning or so after he was pulled to get a jump on heading back to AAA. Basically he was never going to pitch for teh sox again, and i doubt we reacquire him

Now see, that's a better reason as to why the Sox would have no interest in them.

I'd forgotten the exact circumstances, but GHC brought it up in another thread.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
He's actually been a pretty damn good reliever for his past 230 innings or so; maybe you need to look at his history.

Talk about an inning eater... most innings out of the pen in the last two seasons that i know of (178 and 2/3 innings).