Crede close to going to Brewers

DBAHO

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but I just think Williams considers Konerko to be a steadying rock for the club.

That did us a lot of good last year.

I agree with what he's saying also, I just don't think that there's any team out there that's going to give us the return we'd want for trading a guy like Konerko.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
That did us a lot of good last year.

I agree with what he's saying also, I just don't think that there's any team out there that's going to give us the return we'd want for trading a guy like Konerko.

I understand the organization is not in the best position it has ever been in. However, it seems like something has to give. Basically, the regulars on this board are telling me that our vets aren't worth enough to get any solid young talent, but our spects aren't good enough to get any good vets. I just have a hard time believing that. I think the pessimism is a little inaccurate regarding the value of some guys.

Especially considering that I just read the Orioles' have so much interest in their players that they are having difficulty evaluating potential deals.

He is 24 and has only played 1 full year. It's not possible for him to have more established numbers. Kotchman didn't even really have a chance to outpreform Konerko in 2005 and 2006. And shame on Kotchman for not out producing Konerko as a 22 year old. He sucks.

Way to call out Cheat for an exaggeration, then make a huge one yourself. As stated before, Kotchman was basically 1 BB away from being equal with Konerko in OPS for 2007. Kotchmans production was a lot closer to Konerko than you want to give him credit for.

I'm really not going to even try to argue that haivng 11+ million would benifit this club.

You clearly aren't getting my point. I don't care about age, we need results. Why can't we trade Konerko after 2008? Is really a stretch to think he won't put up better numbers and improve his trade value? You don't want to see if Kotchman will repeat or hit outside of the big A? I wasn't being serious about Anderson either (although he would be an upgrade over Owens) but I really can't see Kotchman saving 20 runs especially if Orlando Cabrera is as good defensively and a infield leader as management is kissing him up to be.

Having $11 million would help this club, but not a "ton." The market is ridculous as players are demanding more than 3 year contracts.

If the Sox needed a first baseman and signed Konerko for 3/$36 million, this board would be going crazy for joy.

i think crede's greedy agent has tarnished his reputation amongst many of us, not to mention his injury. crede has had a lot of clutch hits in his career and has shown the ability to hit the HR bomb fairly consistent b4 he got hurt. plus, he's a gold glove defender who has been jipped year after year because he doesn't have the big name. the plays crede makes at 3rd will always be remembered. it was tough to watch fields after watching crede play for years. of course, field's pop made it all worthwhile. still, i think crede is a good candidate to win comeback player of the year. he's got the talent and the make up. just because he's quiet and has a greedy SOB for an agent means we should dismiss him? I don't think so. Crede + Cabrera would be Siiiick defensively. of course, i don't see that happening.

bill hall would be an awesome get. *crosses fingers*