Crede close to going to Brewers

DBAHO

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Don't trade Crede.

Plus with all the talk about the Sox looking at 2B upgrade-apparently Richar isn't as good as we were told?- Iguchi is not a bad option for the Sox

Yeah, lets send Fields down to AAA and keep Crede. And yeah, please find me where there has been something said about us wanting to upgrade over Richar.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
He changed his mind a day or two ago.

They were possibly going to look into getting a waiver to allow him to negotiate with the Phillies again, because the rules stated that they could not talk again until May.

Ahhh Thanks for the info. I must have missed that.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Don't trade Crede.

Plus with all the talk about the Sox looking at 2B upgrade-apparently Richar isn't as good as we were told?- Iguchi is not a bad option for the Sox

Is Crede dropping his agent, or do you forget that his agent is Boras. Find a new favorite player he is a moving on.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Is Crede dropping his agent, or do you forget that his agent is Boras. Find a new favorite player he is a moving on.

That is another big lie from the Sox management. They say Boras is not an issue, but we never keep our players represented by him or trade for those he reps. I will not change my stance that a move to trade Crede is not a good one for this team, but of course that doesn't mean a thing as I am not KW. As a fan I can tell you that I am not happy with these types of decisions though.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
Don't trade Crede.

1 - Where would Fields play if we keep Joe? Platoon at LF with Quentin?

2 - Richar showed good plate discipline this year, he's young with potential to grow, and most importantly, he's cheap. He should be starting in 2008.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
That is another big lie from the Sox management. They say Boras is not an issue, but we never keep our players represented by him or trade for those he reps. I will not change my stance that a move to trade Crede is not a good one for this team, but of course that doesn't mean a thing as I am not KW. As a fan I can tell you that I am not happy with these types of decisions though.

the only reason Boras is an issue is that he overvalues his clients and lies to other teams about what his client has been offered. The man lies and cheats to get his client the best offer. Some people don't mind it, others prefer to deal with others. I would prefer to deal with others.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
the only reason Boras is an issue is that he overvalues his clients and lies to other teams about what his client has been offered. The man lies and cheats to get his client the best offer. Some people don't mind it, others prefer to deal with others. I would prefer to deal with others.

There is another reason. His entire MO as an agent is to sign year to year deals, and move towards eventual FA where the money is made. He will not negotiate with the Sox and being that his numbers were not that good, he will fail to rate on the Ellias scale so in fact we will lose him for absolutely nothing. The sox could want to do a deal tomorrow, unless they overwhelmed Boras and think about what that number would be, he will reject and move towards FA.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 11:07 PM)

I'd prefer to deal with the best players. Sometimes it seems like we're a college team that can only recruit players that aren't just academically qualified, put also would be accepted into the school if they were a normal student (like Stanford used to be).

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
I'd prefer to deal with the best players. Sometimes it seems like we're a college team that can only recruit players that aren't just academically qualified, put also would be accepted into the school if they were a normal student (like Stanford used to be).

Did you read the Neyer article from a couple of weeks ago where something like 3 out of the last 10 big Boras free agents even played up to reasonable expectations- not even stating whether or not they were WORTH their huge contracts. Just whether or not they played reasonably well for the life of the contracts. And one of those 3 was when Maddux surprisingly accepted arbitration and got like a one year $15 mil deal and he pitched pretty well. One of those 3 was Al-Rodri where he's certainly played well, but not worth the $252 million

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
1 - Where would Fields play if we keep Joe? Platoon at LF with Quentin?

2 - Richar showed good plate discipline this year, he's young with potential to grow, and most importantly, he's cheap. He should be starting in 2008.

It sure looked like they had plans to trade Fields and/or Crede, but now at least one will stay. I would have liked Crede at 3B and Fields in LF.

Yoy hear a lot of good things about Richar, but then the Sox are reported to be looking for a 2B man like Burke. Don't know what's up there.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
It sure looked like they had plans to trade Fields and/or Crede, but now at least one will stay. I would have liked Crede at 3B and Fields in LF.

Yoy hear a lot of good things about Richar, but then the Sox are reported to be looking for a 2B man like Burke. Don't know what's up there.

You realize that Burke can play multiple positions, and has great splits against lefties. You could platoon him with Richar, and move him around to get his stick in the lineup when he doesnt start at 2nd.

Them going after Burke is not a sign that they are ditching Richar.

Konerko OPS in 2007=.841

Kotchman OPS in 2007=.839

Konerko in 2008=12 million

Kotchman in 2008=400K

Kotchman sucks.

Yep. That's a down year for Konerko and a good year for Kotchman. Go figure. Oh yeah, it's also the first time Kotchman has put up any numbers like that, whereas Konerko has surpassed that .839 OPS 8 times in his career.

Care to explain Kotchman's Ervin Santana-like splits and how they would help the White Sox who don't play 81 games in Anaheim?

and kotchman's ops is driven more by his obp, where as konerkos is driven more by his slugging, which makes kotchmans .840 ops slightly more valuable...not saying id trade konerko staright up for kotchman, but its funny to me how people write kotchman off because he doenst hit 30 HR a year

Your first baseman is supposed to be a slugger and run producer. That OBP is a one year event and most of it was due to his numbers in Anaheim.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)

Well, to be fair, a source within the Sox organization told a reported for mlb.com not to look to much into the Sox trying to acquire Burke.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Yep. That's a down year for Konerko and a good year for Kotchman. Go figure. Oh yeah, it's also the first time Kotchman has put up any numbers like that, whereas Konerko has surpassed that .839 OPS 8 times in his career.

Care to explain Kotchman's Ervin Santana-like splits and how they would help the White Sox who don't play 81 games in Anaheim?

Your first baseman is supposed to be a slugger and run producer. That OBP is a one year event and most of it was due to his numbers in Anaheim.

That OBP is exactly what you'd expect from a guy who posted a .400 OBP in the minors.

Kotchman is extremely comparable to the 23-24 year old Konerko who also struggled initially after being one of the top prospects in baseball. Kotch just had a lost season last year due to Mono.

Kotchman probably will never be more than a 20-25 HR guy, but he'll find a way to get on base at a .400 clip in his prime, which, unlike Konerko, is in the not-to-distant future, and his defense is about 15-20 runs better than Konerko's.