Hitting against left handed pitchers

sox-r-us

People can focus on gaps at at LF, CF, SP, RP etc, but one of our big problems has been hitting against left handed pitchers....we were atrocious last year and except for Santana, we will still get to face all those lefties in our division....

How are we going to get better there? Is Rowand better against lefties? What are the splits for Fukudome? What about Carlos Quentin against lefties? What is Cabrera's splits?

Dye should improve his splits against lefties IMHO after a down season.

Quentin was pretty solid against both righties and lefties, but should be an upgrade over the likes of Pods and Erstad against lefties.

So I think there's at least 2 upgrades on last season to get the ball rolling.

We've got some good RH power hitters in Konerko and Fields who should always do well against LHP.

I imagine Cabrera's power numbers will certainly increase this season.

He hit a lot of doubles towards the wall in LF at Angels Stadium (think I read that somewhere), and those doubles could turn into HR's quite easily at the Cell.

Nevertheless, it'll be nice having a tough out like him in the #2 spot.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Is Rowand better against lefties?

He's always hit lefties better than righties, career .862 OPS v lefties compared to .779 against RHP. This trend was repeated last year (.918 to .876) and 2005 (.828 v .704). In '06, he basically just sucked, although his splits were slightly better v lefties (.004 more).