You knew it was coming

fathom

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cuz now he is feeling the heat.

Fans and I would assume people tied to the organization went from...ok Kenny let's play this out and are now in some cases questioning his ability to gm. 05 was magical but not many places in the business world can you have a record year and follow it up with poor performances or letdowns.

I think he may truly be upset but come on...rumors are what makes this time of year pass by. He needs to let it go and have a better, more realistic plan.

Here is an idea...Firesale.

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
It is pretty sad he is blaming the media and other executives in baseball.

It's KW, what did you expect? This is the same guy that called out the best player in WSox history after KW decided to move on without him.

KW is a jerk.

Edited by rockren

Looks like someone is a little crabby after he blew a few chances.

Maybe at SoxFest he can blame the fans or Southpaw?

I can't wait for Soxfest. I am wondering if ticket sales have gone up since all this has occured. I wouldnt be surprised to see an 05-06 like Soxfest and watch people try to tear KW limb from limb.

maybe it was loose lips or the ridiculous amount of articles (for example) basically talking like Hunter to the South Side was in the bag. Chicago's very own website needs to cut down on the gossip and cut up on the certified absolutely credible signings. to this day, i've never seen an official site of a pro team go down in flames and backpeddle as quickly as i've seen the chisox site after the debacle of all of the Hunter to the South Side related articles...just sign rowand already and get it done with. this blaming game will get us no where fast.

This quote makes me really scratch my head and wonder what the hell he is talking about

"All this does is put the Tigers in a better position to contend with us"????

I am pretty sure the Tigers aren't worrying about us. Cleveland won the division last year. I think they are a little more worried about contending with Cleveland than they are with us. We will be contending with KC for last place.

Edited by frankie5angels

I hope various people ask him the following questions at soxfest this year...

-How exactly do you expect this team to compete next year or in future years?

-Did you honestly think we were are a good team that just "preformed" bad last year?

-Why in hell did you just not blow up this team and restart the rebuilding process when we had the chance to do so back in May and July?

-Where exactly would you rank our farm system compared to other team's farm systems?

-Why were you too f***ing cheap to pick Poreda instead of Porcello?

-Do you not know we have a pitiful farm system?

-Can you explain to me how Andruw Jones strikes out a ton and hits for a low OBP but Rowand and Hunter don't?

-Why do you suck?

-In how long do you think we could finally see Rick Hahn take over as GM?

-Are you retarded?

-We all know Boras is a b****, but why do you refuse to deal with him? Ozzie said himself that Boras represents the best players in the league, so you will never go after the best players in the league?

-I think you are a sad excuse for a GM.

-Why do you suck?

-Why are you a conceded jackass who acts all smug as if he is better then all of us, talking down to all the fans as if we don't know what the f*** baseball is?

-Why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

-Why are the likes of Cole Armstrong and Andy Gonzalez on the 40 man roster but not Fernando Hernandez, who will now be on some other team most likely? Hell, that reminds me, where the f*** were you thinking when you let Fabio Castro go for nothing?

Edited by BearSox

i wish i could be KW for one day...sitting in that fine leather chair behind that mahogany desk thinking the world of myself instead of busting my arse doing a real man's job 12 hours a day in a hot mill on the south side of chicago. how did kw get that job anyway? it's like the white sox organization represents the city of chicago to the 'T' aka Cronyism out of control.

Edited by DonnyDevito

This could be real bad for KW. IDk, I shouldn't speak for evberyone but it seems a lot of people are unhappy with him. Some were willing to wait until the season but even some of those have already given up hope. I'd assume it's prevelant in the media as well and calling them out as the goat here could spell disaster for him.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)

-Did you honestly think we were are a good team that just "preformed" bad last year?

-Why in hell did you just not blow up this team and restart the rebuilding process when we had the chance to do so back in May and July?

-Where exactly would you rank our farm system compared to other team's farm systems?

-Can you explain to me how Andruw Jones strikes out a ton and hits for a low OBP but Rowand and Hunter don't?

-Why do you suck?

-Are you retarded?

-We all know Boras is a b****, but why do you refuse to deal with him? Ozzie said himself that Boras represents the best players in the league, so you will never go after the best players in the league?

-Why do you suck?

-Why are you a conceded jackass who acts all smug as if he is better then all of us, talking down to all the fans as if we don't know what the f*** baseball is?

hahaahha

Please add

- why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

I dont think he expected to bring Garland back. I agree I don't think Cabrera was the right move but it helped us a little. His unwillingness to sign here is what will help us have him decline arbitration and get those 2 type A picks as opposed to 1 from JG.

Without his whole plan working though, the deal isn't a good as before. He clearly jumped the gun on that one and I think the signing of Uribe prior to it kind of shows it.

QUOTE(frankie5angels @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
This quote makes me really scratch my head and wonder what the hell he is talking about

"All this does is put the Tigers in a better position to contend with us"????

I am pretty sure the Tigers aren't worrying about us. Cleveland won the division last year. I think they are a little more worried about contending with Cleveland than they are with us. We will be contending with KC for last place.

It's called confidence. He truely believes this team has what it takes to contend. And really, is he so wrong? How many people thought the '05 Sox would win it all? We weren't contenders at the beginning of the season, but the guys started playing well, and they gained more confidence. And look where it got us? A dominant World Series victory. So I understand we might not agree, but he could be right.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:28 AM)
It's called confidence. He truely believes this team has what it takes to contend. And really, is he so wrong? How many people thought the '05 Sox would win it all? We weren't contenders at the beginning of the season, but the guys started playing well, and they gained more confidence. And look where it got us? A dominant World Series victory. So I understand we might not agree, but he could be right.

Well, it's another sign that him and Ozzie aren't on the same page, as even Ozzie said yesterday that the current roster needs upgrading.

-Why do you suck?

-Are you retarded?

-Why do you suck?

-Why did you trade Jon Garland for a 33 year old SS in his last year of free agency who doesn't want to sign a contract extension?

That sums up my feelings. Especially the firesale should've occured in May or june and the Rick Hahn part.

Quality. Not many other words able to describe that.

I will probably print this out and bring it to SoxFest.

Edited by Chombi

Kenny is grumpy like the rest of us. Seriously, who the hell cares what he has to say at the moment, I just want him to go on to plan ZZ or whatever and get this team some players.

i'm sure you know what holes like mariotti care and we will hear all about it in the coming days. how kenny flopped on hunter and the Miggy trade. as long as we net a real CF like jones or rowand, i don't care. call me a nut job but i think Andruw Jones can hit 35+ HR's in the cell with ease. how big is ATL's ball park and you know jones could easily hit 25 there. he's old but if we want to win now, i'd offer jones a 3 year, $48 million contract right now just to get it done. did i mention that he's a gold glover. adding two gold glovers in one offseason is more than a wild dream, it can be a reality. make it happen KW.

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)
That sums up my feelings. Especially the firesale should've occured in May or june and the Rick Hahn part.

Quality. Not many other words able to describe that.

I will probably print this out and bring it to SoxFest.

I hope you do. I want Kenny Williams to realize we aren't mindless drones who listen to every stupid word that comes out of his mouth.

If I could go to soxfest and such I would, but I can't, sadly. I'd have a lot of fun b****ing.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:32 AM)
i'm sure you know what holes like mariotti care and we will hear all about it in the coming days. how kenny flopped on hunter and the Miggy trade. as long as we net a real CF like jones or rowand, i don't care. call me a nut job but i think Andruw Jones can hit 35+ HR's in the cell with ease. how big is ATL's ball park and you know jones could easily hit 25 there. he's old but if we want to win now, i'd offer jones a 3 year, $48 million contract right now just to get it done. did i mention that he's a gold glover. adding two gold glovers in one offseason is more than a wild dream, it can be a reality. make it happen KW.

haven't you heard? Andruw Jones K's a ton, like a bizillion times a year and hits for a sub 200 OBP! Aaron Rowand on the other hand, he never K's and is an OBP machine!

Or in none bulls*** KW dribble, Aaron Rowand isn't represented by Borass.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)

If he truly believes this team will compete with Detroit and Cleveland he has no business being our GM. It is clear to see the difference between the 3 of us. They are both superior on the field in talent and in the front office. What has he done to stregthen this team this offseason?? Linebrink?? OC?? Come on. He is insulting my intelligence and that of many Sox fans intellingence. His own manager was saying yesterday about we would be in trouble if the season started today. The he comes out and says this. What a fool he is. Our Division in 05 was alot weaker than it is now. Especially with what the Tigers have done.

It's simple, KW had a plan and it blew up in his face. And now he is like the child who has just gotten his candy taken away. :crying

Edited by frankie5angels