Fantasy Help

NCsoxfan

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
Rodriguez and Sizemore

Cano

Why Cano?

My first reaction is -- def Arod, def not Maggs. I'd go with Sizemore over Fielder, but they're both good (and it may depend on the type of league).

Then I'd go with Martin. It's hard to find that kind of production in a catcher, especially the steals.

Regarding Cano vs Martin, Martin has the edge with steals but was last year a career year for him? Good fantasy catchers are hard to find.

On the other side, Cano could just be coming into his own and could hit .330 20hrs 80 rbis.... I dont quite get why cano doesnt have many steals either

Despite being a Yankee, Cano doesn't put up spectacular numbers, partially b/c of where he hits in the lineup. The dropoff from him to Ellis/Kinsler(?)/Iwamura/Hill isn't that great. He's good, but I think you can find a decent substitute. The dropoff from Martin to Molina/AJ is pretty steep. Plus, LA showed that they'd run him out there until he dropped, which isn't great for him, but is great for a fantasy owner. (I'm just guessing who might be available in the draft.) They're both good players, but I think catcher is too shallow to pick Cano over Martin. Sizemore or Fielder is more of a tossup, imo.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
Thats why I said try and get an idea of who everyone else is keeping. Cano vs. Martin is tough, because they both play positions that are weak in fantasy.

I would go Martin( I just love his upside) but it could go either way.

Yes 2nd is weak, but not as week as catcher. There are a lot of 2Bs that can get at least in the neighborhood of Cano's numbers. That is unless Cano has a career year or something like 2006 again.

Also rather late, but generally the best idea in keepers is to try and keep players by minority positions such as catcher, third base and second base. Obviously this doesnt come into effect when its like Arod vs Martin per se but when its a toss up good strategy to follow.

Id say you made the right selections.