Arbitration to Crede?

joeynach

The deadline to offer arbitration or non tender players is Wednesday. Are the white sox going to offer arbitration to Crede. They cant just non tender him and get nothing for this guy. Even if they cant agree and they have to go to arbitration there is no way Crede gets more than $5 or $6 Mil coming off a .220 year that ended in June with back Surgery. But even if they pay him that and eat the $ would they get a supplemental draft pick if he departs after 08. Would he be a type A free agent. It seems the right thing to do here is either sign him or offer the arbitration to at least guarantee you will get something from/for him. RIGHT??

Even with his career year in 2006 Crede still couldn't even make it to Type B status for this offseason, he won't bring back any sort of compensation unless he has an MVP caliber season and even then he'd only be a Type B free agent.

Crede will probably agree to a 1 year deal worth around $5M before the Wednesday deadline, he won't be non-tendered, the Sox wouldn't let it end that way.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Even with his career year in 2006 Crede still couldn't even make it to Type B status for this offseason, he won't bring back any sort of compensation unless he has an MVP caliber season and even then he'd only be a Type B free agent.

Crede will probably agree to a 1 year deal worth around $5M before the Wednesday deadline, he won't be non-tendered, the Sox wouldn't let it end that way.

Im still not even sold on Crede. Everyones offensive numbers were erratic in 2006. There was something about our lineup that made everyone just light it up for career years. My gut tells me the addition of a healthy Thome really infused our 06 lineup and made everyone around him better. Im not sure Crede is a locked .280 hitter yet. I expected his 2007 to regress towards the mean and they did but Im also not sure how much (or little) the back played into it. I think 2008 would be a pretty telling year for him. If he is a .250 hitter you will know this year, if hes not and has a solid year say .280/25/75 I think that would make enough of a case to try and get him for 3-4 years at 8-10 mil per.

[greg775]Brooks Robinson was never a type A free agent either. [/elMTrock]

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Not be sold on Crede is wrong. I don't know what you are looking at and you can't be comparing him to Fields at 3B? Crede has huge upside regardless of back surgery abd I think that is a plus because he should be healthy for the whole season now

What we are looking at is a 3rd baseman who just came off of major back surgery, who's agent is non other than Scott Boras. The reason a player gets Scott Boras is to get bags and bags of money for many years dropped off at their house. His clients dont sign contracts based on good heart, and love for a team. His clients get to FA and makes already mentioned bags of money. I am glad doctor that you have cleared him for baseball action and declare he should be healthy now. Fields defensively, sure Crede has him beat. But when its all said and done Fields should eclipse Crede's bat.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
What we are looking at is a 3rd baseman who just came off of major back surgery, who's agent is non other than Scott Boras. The reason a player gets Scott Boras is to get bags and bags of money for many years dropped off at their house. His clients dont sign contracts based on good heart, and love for a team. His clients get to FA and makes already mentioned bags of money. I am glad doctor that you have cleared him for baseball action and declare he should be healthy now. Fields defensively, sure Crede has him beat. But when its all said and done Fields should eclipse Crede's bat.

I've stopped bothering. It's pointless at this point. Hope and pray February gets here before too awful long.

Anyone given any thought to the idea that Crede might get dealt tomorrow.

KW wasn't out running his mouth that much over the past few days. Makes me think he is trying to act on something.

I fully expect Crede to be offered Arbitration, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is on the Dodgers, Phils, Brewers, etc. by this time tomorrow.

Anyone given any thought to the idea that Crede might get dealt tomorrow.

KW wasn't out running his mouth that much over the past few days. Makes me think he is trying to act on something.

I fully expect Crede to be offered Arbitration, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is on the Dodgers, Phils, Brewers, etc. by this time tomorrow.

Could be.

I'd like to hope KW hasn't been running his mouth because he has spent several days with the whole organization in meetings trying to decide if it's time to firesale or not. Preferably firesale.

If he isn't doing that then idk where he is been. Probably hiding from all of us who have been calling for his head.

44 days until Soxfest. Figure it out Kenny.

haha seriously. I went to Soxfest the year we won it. Gift for Xmas. Never saw a croud like that. Just was crazy. I am hoping this year it is similar only the mood will be anger. Should be a fun time.

You know. I was reading something on rotoworld.com. Take what you want from Matthew Pouliot but he had a Crede deal that left me stumbling for the launch button.

It was Crede and Mac for Andre Ethier.

Granted this was from about a month ago and idk what weed he had but if that is possible...please do it.

I found it in his trade profiles and predictions thread. I used the link in the "Trade Winds" section for a thread I started of playing the GM game.

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 12:11 AM)
haha seriously. I went to Soxfest the year we won it. Gift for Xmas. Never saw a croud like that. Just was crazy. I am hoping this year it is similar only the mood will be anger. Should be a fun time.

Well you are in for a treat. The Q&A session should eclipse the pre-WS years. I am going to go just for the comedy value alone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
Well you are in for a treat. The Q&A session should eclipse the pre-WS years. I am going to go just for the comedy value alone.

I don't think you can even get in to Friday without the "nice" hotel package. That is the only day I go so I guessthis may be the first time in about 8 years I may miss.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:30 AM)
I don't think you can even get in to Friday without the "nice" hotel package. That is the only day I go so I guessthis may be the first time in about 8 years I may miss.

They have a Q&A on Saturday and Sunday. I have went to the Saturday one for the last 6 years.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
They have a Q&A on Saturday and Sunday. I have went to the Saturday one for the last 6 years.

I know but I work downtown and it is an easy thing to hit on a Friday night. I thought the set up last year was really bad and I guess now I just don't think it is worth it. The rooms were to broken up last year and there did not seem to be a fluid comfortable feel to the whole thing.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
What is the best question you have ever seen someone ask?

The funniest one was the "So now that 2004 is over, what are you going to do to be competitive for 2005" Right before the 2004 season.

Another one was watching how Ozzie and Kenny handled in 05 with the love fest. They looked confused.

Kenny remembering that the Steff that was up giving him and the whitesox complements after winning the world series was the same person the year before who yelled at him.