Tejada dealt to the Astros

iamshack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
Are you sure the Dodgers offered on Roberts? Kent just exercised his option and is slated to play 2nd and they have Pierre in CF. I know the Cubs will be after Roberts but besides that the Sox would be the only other team. If they could get Roberts with Richar and a prospect or two (not named Gio) than I think thats a move you make (ink Rowand and you really do have a pretty damn nice looking lineup). The rotation would be shaky, no doubt, but it has two good front of the rotation guys, a major questionmark in Jose, and a couple young pitchers with some upside (maybe not Andrew Miller upside ,but both have major league stuff).

Yeah, it doesn't seem as though they have room for a CF, but I just read his name mentioned along with Bedard as possibly heading to LAD. I did read that the Dodgers were trying to ditch Pierre, but I doubt they would acquire Roberts to play OF (they have Jones in CF now, actually).

If the Cubs are one of the only teams in on Roberts, you have to wonder where the Rockies are?

I would move them Richar/Egbert/Sweeney or something I guess...

If KW really wants to put a winning lineup on the field, his best way to do that would be to sign Rowand and then trade Richar and Gio for Roberts. I just can't see how teams can stand there as the Cubs are rumored to have a chance at him with a package of Gallagher and Murton.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
If KW really wants to put a winning lineup on the field, his best way to do that would be to sign Rowand and then trade Richar and Gio for Roberts. I just can't see how teams can stand there as the Cubs are rumored to have a chance at him with a package of Gallagher and Murton.

I would like that trade. I just don't know if they'd take it. You might need to ship Uribe too. Oh wait... that would be fine! :lol:

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)

I think that Richar and Gio beats out Gallagher and Murton in that trade...but maybe thats just me.

QUOTE(Chombi @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
What a deal for Baltimore IMO. I am sorry but if Tejada can pull that kind of return, idk how some of our guys can't bring home better returns as well.

I've wanted Troy Patton for a while. I wonder if Baltimore would deal him.

Patton's got arm troubles already that people think will linger throughout his career.

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is Roberts' contract situation:

Brian Roberts

2 years/$14.3M (2008-09)

signed extension 3/07

08:$6.3M, 09:$8M

limited no-trade clause allowing Roberts to block deals to a small number of clubs each season

agent: Mark Pieper

ML service: 4.131

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
On the bright side, there's no way anyone can now argue that the Sox have the WORST farm system in baseball... At this point it's no question.

Also, Jason, the Dodgers didn't sign Andruw Jones to play a corner OF spot -- CF is his.

My bad, I forgot about that (I think I'm trying to erase the bad taste of the Sox still not having a Cfer). Either way the Dodgers still have Kemp, Ethier, Pierre plus Jones and Kent at 2nd so I have no clue where Roberts would play.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
I'd have to think Bedard and Roberts will be on the way out in the next week as well.

The Tejada deal pretty much makes it official that the O's are in rebuilding mode which makes sense saying that the Rays would have a better shot than they would at competing with New York and Boston...

I thought the O's would get more value for Tejada.. seems odd that it happend right before the Mitchell report comes out... I agree with Fathom, this could just simply be a protection type trade. Im sure the O's don't want to go through another Palmero embaressment.

With Bedard and Roberts now available, the time is now for Kenny to swoop in... Mike North mentioned this morning about sending Uribe, Gio, and Fields to Baltamore for those two. That may actually work... maybe we would have to throw in a Sweeney or Owens to solidify the deal, but if available Kenny has to do this...

Yea it would open the door for a potential 3B mess after the 2008 season with Crede most likely leaving.. but that is only one season w/o a 3B. Isn't Miguel Cabrera a FA after the 2009 season?

I think Kenny needs to make a move like this if he's in the "Going for it" mode. If you can't swing a deal that would significantly improve our club going into 2008 than whats the point of spending any extra money on any remaining free agent? I do want Rowand back, but the signing of him alone won't put us in contention with the Tribe and Tigers.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
With Bedard and Roberts now available, the time is now for Kenny to swoop in... Mike North mentioned this morning about sending Uribe, Gio, and Fields to Baltamore for those two. That may actually work... maybe we would have to throw in a Sweeney or Owens to solidify the deal, but if available Kenny has to do this...

I think you'd have to give up more than that package for the two of them....

More like Fields/Gio/Richar/Danks/Sweeney

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
I think you'd have to give up more than that package for the two of them....

More like Fields/Gio/Richar/Danks/Sweeney

Do it. I want those guys on our team if we blow this thing up, but thats not happening with KW as the GM. If were 'goin for it' than do it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
Murton >>>>> Sweeney

Gallagher > Egbert

Petrick >>>>> Day

Oh jeez, do you think these folks with their nonsense actually care about facts, fathom?

God, Bedard/Roberts are not southside bound nor will they be until they are both 35+. Please stop with the proposals in every thread about something else people.

Back to the discussion. Tejada = roids and we'll get to laugh about it tomorrow when we all finally get to see the Mitchell Report.

Edited by Steve9347