Tejada dealt to the Astros

iamshack

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Oh jeez, do you think these folks with their nonsense actually care about facts, fathom?

God, Bedard/Roberts are not southside bound nor will they be until they are both 35+. Please stop with the proposals in every thread about something else people.

Back to the discussion. Tejada = roids and we'll get to laugh about it tomorrow when we all finally get to see the Mitchell Report.

The thing is, we could make a leigitmate run at Roberts if the proposed Cubs trade is actually getting interest from Angelos, etc.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Oh jeez, do you think these folks with their nonsense actually care about facts, fathom?

God, Bedard/Roberts are not southside bound nor will they be until they are both 35+. Please stop with the proposals in every thread about something else people.

Back to the discussion. Tejada = roids and we'll get to laugh about it tomorrow when we all finally get to see the Mitchell Report.

Its the Winter Hot Stove...what else are we going to do? Talk about how bad we sucked last year?

I'm surprised, Tejada would be one of the top guys I thought would show up in the Mitchell Report. Guess not.

Which makes me wonder if the report will be as juicy as it could be. They may be limited to naming mostly American players. How many guys are getting their drugs from other countries? the other evidence for those will have to come from clubhouse workers, former players, etc who saw them do it.

I think Tejada is in the Mitchell report and the Astros have to just say "so what we need the production and to hell with the PR". If Matsui, Bourne and Tejada live up to expectations, the Astros have the best line-up in the NL Central when you include Lee, Berkman, and Pence. That is as good a 1 through 6 as the NL has to offer. Didn't they get a 3B decent spect from the Phils and Ausmus is servicable at C. They could be headed in the right direction if they get any pitching. Bring back Roger!!!!!

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
I think Tejada is in the Mitchell report and the Astros have to just say "so what we need the production and to hell with the PR". If Matsui, Bourne and Tejada live up to expectations, the Astros have the best line-up in the NL Central when you include Lee, Berkman, and Pence. That is as good a 1 through 6 as the NL has to offer. Didn't they get a 3B decent spect from the Phils and Ausmus is servicable at C. They could be headed in the right direction if they get any pitching. Bring back Roger!!!!!

I'd take the Cubs and Brewers lineup over their lineup any day.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)
I would've gladly traded Orlando Cabrera, or Jon Garland for the package the O's just got. I like Luke Scott.

Tejada has more value for Cabrera even if he is declining, and not worth his contract.

As for Garland, well I like Luke Scott too. But then KW probably wouldn't have made the Quentin deal, and we would still be stuck with Uribe at SS (and I don't know who our #2 hitter would be).

And as for the prospects the O's got, don't know if they are going to be better then the young group of SP's that we currently have.

Tejada has more value for Cabrera even if he is declining, and not worth his contract.

As for Garland, well I like Luke Scott too. But then KW probably wouldn't have made the Quentin deal, and we would still be stuck with Uribe at SS (and I don't know who our #2 hitter would be).

And as for the prospects the O's got, don't know if they are going to be better then the young group of SP's that we currently have.

I think more Sox fans tend to see that Tejada contract as a larger albatross (not me.) How about OC for 3 of those 5 players?

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
The thing is, we could make a leigitmate run at Roberts if the proposed Cubs trade is actually getting interest from Angelos, etc.

That's the thing, I really doubt Angelos would move Roberts for that small of a price, and I would imagine Rogers is speculating right now rather than actually reporting. Speculation is meaningless.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
I think more Sox fans tend to see that Tejada contract as a larger albatross (not me.) How about OC for 3 of those 5 players?

That's what you have to weigh up. Is it worth either;

A - Hang onto Cabrera and then get 2 draft picks for him if doesn't re-sign

OR

B - Trade him for Scott, Albers and 1 of the other prospects? Is that worth more than 2 high draft picks, when the Sox need to rebuild their system? Is it worth having Uribe in the lineup again with his sub .300 OBP again for another season?

I'd probably lean toward to the 1st. The Sox can still either sign Ramirez or trade for a Nate McLouth to fill the CF need, and keep Cabrera which would make the lineup better.

And would the Sox play Scott in CF? Is he good enough defensively? I know he's got some very good offensive numbers in the time he's been up with the Astros, but I don't know how good he is defensively, especially not in a corner OF spot.