Mitchell Report Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
It says he was OFFERED them and saw them used, no direct evidence that he used them.

He said that one of the players brought the

steroids to the apartment but was afraid of needles and therefore asked the second player to

administer the shot.

That sounds like he was asking someone else to inject him.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
Yeah, I was way off in predicting no notable names would be released. Even if a majority of the names are a bunch of scrubs and people we already know took steroids, Clemens alone will keep this in the spotlight for quite awhile. I'm dying to know how ESPN deals with this story. They'll probably say, "STEROIDS WERE WIDESPREAD, CLEMENS JUST DIDN'T USE THEM," or "HE'S STILL A HALL OF FAMER WITHOUT STEROIDS"

You know this is going to be the spin. EVERYBODY WAS DOING IT! OH WELL! GOOD THING THOSE DAYS ARE PAST. WHO'S NOW!?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
I agree that would be good, but, still leaves the HGH hole. Need to come up with a plan on how to address that. Still requires a blood test, I think.

Well, you dictate that any missed test is considered a positive. So you visit a player and ask him to come to a hospital lab that's affiliated with the testing authority, If he refuses, that's 50 days (or more, depending what new punishment is negotiated).

I think it's ridiculous that the sports leagues run their own drug testing programs.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
That sounds like he was asking someone else to inject him.

no no. you mised the context.

"he observed two of his Chicago Cubs teammates inject themselves with steroids in an apartment....He said that one of the players brought the steroids to the apartment but was afraid of needles and therefore asked the second player to administer the shot.'

What he is saying that Player A brought them but didnt like needless, so Player B injected Player A while Karchner watched.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Well, you dictate that any missed test is considered a positive. So you visit a player and ask him to come to a hospital lab that's affiliated with the testing authority, If he refuses, that's 50 days (or more, depending what new punishment is negotiated).

I think it's ridiculous that the sports leagues run their own drug testing programs.

I am saying you HAVE to do a blood test to show HGH. Missed test or not. And no sport currently allows for that. That will be a tough sell.

from mlbtraderumors.com: Active players list.

Larry Bigbie (confessed)

Brian Roberts (based on an admission to Bigbie)

Jack Cust (based on an admission to Bigbie)

Rondell White (Kirk Radomski)

Roger Clemens (Brian McNamee)

Andy Pettitte (Brian McNamee)

Gregg Zaun (Kirk Radomski)

Ron Villone (Kirk Radomski)

Ryan Franklin (Kirk Radomski)

Miguel Tejada (performance-enhancers provided to Tejada by teammate Adam Piatt)

Mike Stanton (Kirk Radomski)

Stephen Randolph (Kirk Radomski)

Jerry Hairston Jr. (Kirk Radomski)

Paul Lo Duca (Kirk Radomski)

Eric Gagne (Kirk Radomski)

Matt Herges (Kirk Radomski)

Gary Bennett (Kirk Radomski)

Brendan Donnelly (Kirk Radomski)

Howie Clark (Kirk Radomski)

Nook Logan (Kirk Radomski)

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:51 AM)

And if you remember the story about the 2000 or 2001 (I can't remember which) White Sox team in which the ENTIRE team refused to take the test as a way to force a positive test - supposedly, if a certain percentage of major leaguers failed the test, testing would be mandatory - and that's what that Sox team wanted.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
I am saying you HAVE to do a blood test to show HGH. Missed test or not. And no sport currently allows for that. That will be a tough sell.

there is no current test for HGH other than a blood test and as I said before no union will agree to it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Brian McNamee will be targeted for character assassination since he's only associated with two names, and two big names at that.

he told an independent investigator what he knew....seems like he didnt really assassinate the characters of those names to me , but im far from anyone who knows anything abotu the law so i have no idea