Mitchell Report Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how Boston fares given Mitchell's close ties to the team. I'm guessing they come out looking pretty good.

And I agree with 3E8, people are going to act like the report is definitive and everyone on it roided and no one else did. I guess the point is so MLB can say they investigated in order to make the issue go away. Color me unimpressed.

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, as I got it from friends of friends of friends....It'll be interesting to see if it's true...

Full list..

"Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi,

Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, IJason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood."

QUOTE(Fotop @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, as I got it from friends of friends of friends....It'll be interesting to see if it's true...

Full list..

"Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi,

Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, IJason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood."

This is the list I've seen as well. I think it's pretty legit.

Full list..

I really hope that Pujols isn't on the list.

Full list..

Robert Machado...noooooooooooooooooo!

Reason to doubt that list - at least one player's name is misspelled. I doubt that if this was taken directly from the report, that there would be any of those.

Sox players from that list: Belle, Cordero, Canseco, Everett, Sosa

Also, do you figure that the Jerry Hairston on that list is Sr or Jr?

That list seems like all the obvious suspects to me. Therefore, I tend to doubt its the correct list.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:25 AM)
Reason to doubt that list - at least one player's name is misspelled. I doubt that if this was taken directly from the report, that there would be any of those.

Sox players from that list: Belle, Cordero, Canseco, Everett, Sosa

Also, do you figure that the Jerry Hairston on that list is Sr or Jr?

That list seems like all the obvious suspects to me. Therefore, I tend to doubt its the correct list.

It's probably not "the list," but instead from some source that leaked it. It has undoubtedly been transcribed many times in many different forms, but I don't doubt it's validity. I think there are probably some names that are missing, and maybe a few that shouldn't be on there (Wally Joyner?), but all in all, it's probably fairly accurate.

QUOTE(Hatchetman @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
How in the hell is Luis Gonzalez not on that list?

First, we can all wait a couple hours to see the real list. Not to say this one's wrong, but who knows?

Second, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ROIDERS IN MLB. People need to get out of their heads this idea that the magic Mitchell will catch everyone. It's just a list of people named by other people who got caught. There will be hard evidence on some, but on others it may just be hearsay. We really need the details, not just the names. And even then, there'll be a lot -- A LOT -- more that aren't on the list.

I remember when someone on this forum broke that Damon and Roger Clemens were going to be suspended, and SI wrote about it. I thought there was something to that poster's claim. If their names are on the list, baseball covered tthe players guilt for a few years. I remember waiting with great anticipation for the MLB announcement that Friday, and it never came. I have no doubt the MLB has been part of a conspirac, especialy with the prmoinant yankees and Red Sox Players

I just want to say that this report is going to be better than expected since not only is the Mets guy giving up names but you have the Yanks Strength and Conditioning coach giving out names and saying he supplied Clemens with roids.

I just want to see SI run a reprive where they can say Soxtalk.com was one of the first to break the news about Clemens roid use :)

Also, I'm going to move this thread to the PHT thread. I just know a few Sox players will be in it and its such major news that I'm going to pin it over there. Plus it will keep us distracted from the Sox inactvity (heck, maybe we'll get all excited about the inactivity because some of the guys the Sox were after end up being on the list).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:30 AM)
I just want to say that this report is going to be better than expected since not only is the Mets guy giving up names but you have the Yanks Strength and Conditioning coach giving out names and saying he supplied Clemens with roids.

I just want to see SI run a reprive where they can say Soxtalk.com was one of the first to break the news about Clemens roid use :)

Also, I'm going to move this thread to the PHT thread. I just know a few Sox players will be in it and its such major news that I'm going to pin it over there. Plus it will keep us distracted from the Sox inactvity (heck, maybe we'll get all excited about the inactivity because some of the guys the Sox were after end up being on the list).

Vindication!!!!