Here's to Paul Konerko & Jim Thome

jasonxctf

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
Thta's because Dye, Konerko and Thome are professionals with ethics

That is spot on right there. I had the opportunity to sit next to J.D.'s dad at a game last year. You can definitely see where Jermaine gets his class from. He was a very engaging guy.

I hate to be the one to say this, but while this raises my hopes that these guys are fully clean, the Mitchell Report certainly does not prove that 100%. It does prove they have not been involved with the balco, Grimsley, or Radomski networks, or anything that has come out so far.

QUOTE(BureauEmployee171 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:33 PM)
Let's remember a few things here guys...

#1 - This report ONLY could name SO many people because of the lack of power the investigation held. So, by no means, are these the ONLY players that are using performance-enhancing drugs.

#2 - Many (most) all Latin-American players who use will NEVER be found during investigations that for the most part trace payments, phone lists, mail-payments, etc. because Latin players buy the stuff back in their country where it is much easier to attain & it is a pretty well-known fact inside baseball that latin players are the most notorious users in the game (yet this investigation is aimed at trying to crack down on the suppliers from America, etc.).

These two facts combined need to be utilized to understand that MANY, MANY more players are users who simply will not be caught & will never be caught (even if an HGH test becomes a reality). The reason you can't - is because if a person has NOT taken an HGH test BEFORE taking HGH - then takes HGH and is then tested after already taking HGH - the players levels in his body will simply show a number. The numbers differ for every human being. The only way to KNOW if someone is on HGH is if they have taken a test PRE AND POST-using HGH.

Debbie Downer

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
other Sox sluggers who are roid free.

:cheers

We dont know that. Neither one of them came forward in the report to help out, and neither one accepted supplies from 2 major dealers. The good part is that Thome was in Cle while juicing was going on, so probably he didnt do it. Kong was on the dodgers where there was obviously SOME juicing taking place, but he didnt really turn into a good player until he was on the SOX.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
We dont know that. Neither one of them came forward in the report to help out, and neither one accepted supplies from 2 major dealers. The good part is that Thome was in Cle while juicing was going on, so probably he didnt do it. Kong was on the dodgers where there was obviously SOME juicing taking place, but he didnt really turn into a good player until he was on the SOX.

I agree. Just because you're not outed in the report doesn't mean you're clean. If it did :cheers McGwire and Sosa :cheers

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
I hate to be the one to say this, but while this raises my hopes that these guys are fully clean, the Mitchell Report certainly does not prove that 100%. It does prove they have not been involved with the balco, Grimsley, or Radomski networks, or anything that has come out so far.

Thanks for saying this... Mostly it means we didn't have a rat in the clubhouse. Don't kid yourself into thinking this means that none of our players juiced, because it simply isn't true.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)
Thanks for saying this... Mostly it means we didn't have a rat in the clubhouse. Don't kid yourself into thinking this means that none of our players juiced, because it simply isn't true.

No one is saying that. What we are saying is that none of those players are the three mentioned.

I don't really understand the concept of this thread. I don't get a pat on the back for driving the speed limit or using my turn signal, so why are Konerko and Thome being applauded for not using steroids? I mean, cool s*** and everything, but they really didn't contribute anything to this.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 03:06 AM)
I don't really understand the concept of this thread. I don't get a pat on the back for driving the speed limit or using my turn signal, so why are Konerko and Thome being applauded for not using steroids? I mean, cool s*** and everything, but they really didn't contribute anything to this.

Hey, if you drive the limit and use your signal, you better believe you get a pat on the back from me!!! From someone with a five year old strapped in the vehicle, I hate the blatant disregard for traffic laws that is such common practice these days. Now, regarding Konerko and Thome, resisting the kind of cheating that raises yourself above everyone else is one thing; resisting the kind of cheating that merely to keeps up with everyone who already does it, is another thing in my eyes, especially when your livelihood is at stake.

SFF

I bet Big Butt Uribe used. Anyone want to guess where he applied it? If less than half of the Sox players tried at one time in their career I would be shocked. I feel like more than half of professional players, or at least MLB players did what they could because steroids seemed like using creatine or protein powder, a norm.

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
I bet Big Butt Uribe used. Anyone want to guess where he applied it? If less than half of the Sox players tried at one time in their career I would be shocked. I feel like more than half of professional players, or at least MLB players did what they could because steroids seemed like using creatine or protein powder, a norm.

The only thing that Uribe used was a shovel to put food in his mouth.

Alot more people did it without a doubt. They just went different/"smarter" routes of obtaining such.

And why are we applauding players for doing what is legal? That should be the norm.

That's like having a child and then arguing about how you put food on the table for that child and clothe him. Well, duh, that's what you're supposed to do!

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
Hey, if you drive the limit and use your signal, you better believe you get a pat on the back from me!!! From someone with a five year old strapped in the vehicle, I hate the blatant disregard for traffic laws that is such common practice these days.

Here here. I think it should be harder to get a drivers license than a gun personally. Too many idiots are driving and it's costing a lot of anguish, death, and unnecessary expenses.

Sorry for the hijack.

As to the topic, I think it's a sad thing when we have to celebrate guys like PK and THome for doing what they should be doing anway, but because so many don't do what they should do, PK and JT deserve kudos for putting up great numbers with NATURAL talent.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 01:58 PM)
Alot more people did it without a doubt. They just went different/"smarter" routes of obtaining such.

And why are we applauding players for doing what is legal? That should be the norm.

That's like having a child and then arguing about how you put food on the table for that child and clothe him. Well, duh, that's what you're supposed to do!

Chris Rock ladies and gentlemen!!! Give him a hand!!!

:D

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 03:06 AM)

:notworthy exactly.

It seems natural in reacting to one of the biggest sports stories of the year, Sox fans are happy two of their own sluggers, as well as the Big Hurt, appear to have done it the right way. It's not like somebody just decided to praise them for not taking steroids out of the clear blue. It's in response to the Mitchell report.