Trade!!!!!

Letsgosox89

I Hawk is saying it will blow us away so here's my list of players who would blow me away..

Carlos Delgado

Todd Helton

Brian Giles

Roy Halladay

Miguel Tejada

Other trades but not mind blowing

Ponson

Lawrence

It's Curt Schilling, isn't it?

Please?

Glavine maybe?

Schilling will never play for JR, too many labor troubles. I doubt the Mets would trade Glavine.

I think the Mets would absolutely trade Glavine. They're rebuilding now, I think any vet on that team is available.

We're still haven't demonstrated the ablility to close. Seems we are still letting teams back into games in the 7-8-9 innings. I believe Koch will continue to improve and I like Flash but they have also proved to be Botch and Flush at times.

Who to trade? Do we have an extra right hand hitting outfielder or 1st baseman that could be part of a major trade? I don't believe we can move anyone else from our farm system without touching a top prospect to get anyone who could help this team. If we move someone from our mlb roster I would hope we get a solid star in the middle, not end, of their career.

The big question in my mind is JR and company also willing to open the checkbook this month if things are looking really good. For example if we are in 1st by July 28 do we go shopping with cash, not just prospects?

I think we reached just high enough to grab guys who are upgrades without giving away the farm. The nest move could be the biggest gamble of all.

Since Valentin seems to be safe, what else could KW address?

Catcher?

Another starter?

Everything else seems relatively set, those are my two guesses.

Everyone who has posted has had good ideas about any possible acquisitions. Crede is young at third and contrary to the Marlins statements (ESPN BBTN Gammons called them liars) Lowell could be traded. Carlos Delgado, wow, but the Blue Jays are in the hunt. A big name pitcher? Possibly and I think the Mets might give up Glavine. A catcher like Pudge Rodriguez from the Marlins? What happens to Sandy Alomar or Miguel Olivo. I think we want to develop Olivo and use Sabdy to help, but Olivo is not tearing it up with the bat and has defensive lapses from time to time. A catcher would be possible. I am inclined to think it will be pitching and could be either a starter or reliever maybe both!

Someone to replace Danny Wright, PLEASE!

I'll take these three guys as my top choices.

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

These three guys might be available, and we wouldn't have to give up the entire farm system to get one of em.

CWSOX45

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

These three guys might be available, and we wouldn't have to give up the entire farm system to get one of em.

CWSOX45

Problem with that though CW is that, IMHO, none of those guys are a significant upgrade over Danny Wright.

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

CWSOX45

Problem with that though CW is that, IMHO, none of those guys are a significant upgrade over Danny Wright.

Ponson and Redman are, I truely think that Wright would be better in the bullpen anyway.

CWSOX45

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

CWSOX45

Ponson and Redman are, I truely think that Wright would be better in the bullpen anyway.

CWSOX45

I agree with ya CWSOX45

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

CWSOX45

I agree, but Redmond's pretty cheap right now I believe and he's been outstanding lately, so he'd be tough to get.

Penny would probably be easier.

But I say go for B-Law. He needs a lineup behind him like we got. He pitched just as good as Buehrle last year with scrubs in the lineup.

I bet we can get him cheap now with him not having that great a season like we did with Jimenez.