Trade!!!!!

Letsgosox89

I'll take these three guys as my top choices.

1.Ponson (Baltimore)

2.Redman (Florida)

3. Lawrence (SD)

These three guys might be available, and we wouldn't have to give up the entire farm system to get one of em.

CWSOX45

I agree, but Redmond's pretty cheap right now I believe and he's been outstanding lately, so he'd be tough to get.

Penny would probably be easier.

But I say go for B-Law. He needs a lineup behind him like we got. He pitched just as good as Buehrle last year with scrubs in the lineup.

I bet we can get him cheap now with him not having that great a season like we did with Jimenez.

Before the Alomar trade I suggested getting Castillo and Penny, but it looks like the Reds are already a step ahead of us.

I think we can get Redman, but we'd probably have to part with Rauch or Honel.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
FYI, I was looking in JR's box high above US Cellular Field yesterday. KW and Rick Hahn were in there. Rick Hahn was on the cell phone for most of the night. If this means anything, I don't know

it means hahn is doing all the dealing and kw is sitting by and learning how a real gm would make such deals.......... ;)

If we have to get rid of Rauch or Honel for Redman, then I say screw it.

Trade Konerko for Ponson. Moves Wright to the pen, where I think he'll flourish, and adds another good starter for us while we dump a boatload of money. Some of that money may just go towards keeping some of these guys in town. Which ones though? Hmmmmm

OK, i was thinking about it and the only player available that would blow my socks off is Brian Giles. That's about the biggest star that's not untouchable.

He wouldn't accept a trade to Chicago before, but now that we're in the middle of a pennant race, do you think there is a possibility? :huh:

what about LF.....Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE CLee fan but I've heard his name mentioned a few times in trades. Are there any LF'ers out there that someone would give up for Clee and PK or maybe Clee and a prospect? i just can't think of 2 many players that we could get that would Blow us away as hawk said

just throwing around possibilities :huh:

what about LF.....Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE CLee fan but I've heard his name mentioned a few times in trades.  Are there any LF'ers out there that someone would give up for Clee and PK or maybe Clee and a prospect?  i just can't think of 2 many players that we could get that would Blow us away as hawk said

just throwing around possibilities  :huh:

Brian Giles

what about LF.....Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE CLee fan but I've heard his name mentioned a few times in trades.  Are there any LF'ers out there that someone would give up for Clee and PK or maybe Clee and a prospect?  i just can't think of 2 many players that we could get that would Blow us away as hawk said

Brian Giles

LOL I really should start reading the whole post before I reply :bang

Brian Giles

LOL I really should start reading the whole post before I reply :bang

That would be a good idea ;)

You guys keep saying something about Hawk saying "blow us away". I must have missed this.  What excactly did he say and in what context? What does he know about this. :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

From what I've heard, Hawk was talking to Buffone and Rosenbloom and they were talking to him about the excitement of the trades. Then Hawk said that there is another trade rumor and if it goes through it will "blow your mind". He seemed really excited and when one of the Score guys asked if it was a pitcher Hawk said he really cant say.

Tori Hunter would be blow me away.

Tori Hunter would be blow me away.

Hunter makes 7 mil per season for 3 more years, no thanks.

Oh, I would love him here too. But think what the Twins would say if we called them and asked if he was available. They'd say give us Loaiza, Cotts, and a bunch of our other cheap kids. They'd say that cause they know, or I hope, would never do that.

What the hell do you mean no thanks.  Good hitter and ridiculously great fielder. I would love him here.

Hunter is overrated, offensively he's no better then Carlos Lee and that's not worth 32.0M over 4 years (03'-06') He makes over 10 mil in '05 and 06'.