Stone to Call 670 broadcasts

whitesox94

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
DJ and Chris are fine. Farmer is the problem.

If DJ was fine, the broadcasts with Hawk and Stone would not have sounded so great in comparison. And if Singleton was fine, it wouldn't take him 10 minutes to spit a sentence out. I'll give Singleton another season to improve, but I don't care much for him.

Farmer is not a great play-by-play guy, but it might be easier on him if he could concentrate on calling the game and not making Singleton talk. In any event, Stone will help the booth.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 12:11 PM)

The problem with Farmer is that he's a color guy (and a pretty good one) trying to be a play-by-play guy. DJ is pretty decent, especially when he's not working with Hawk. Chris has not adjusted well to this field.

Bulls***. DJ is the worst in the business. Farmer is actually pretty good and can be amusing. He complemented Rooney very well and they were a great broadcast team. Singleton is not bad and definitely not as bad as DJ, but he can definitely be upgraded. Farmer is definitely not the problem.

The problem with Farmer is that he's a color guy (and a pretty good one) trying to be a play-by-play guy. DJ is pretty decent, especially when he's not working with Hawk. Chris has not adjusted well to this field.

I can not stand DJ with or without Hawk. He is absolutely horrible. I haven't heard anyone as bad as him. He made Chip Caray tolerable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
Maybe Hawk can retire after this year, and we can move Stoney into the TV booth.

That could be something they are looking at longterm. I really enjoyed Stone with Hawk. I'd be interested to hear how he'd do with DJ or Singleton.

I did my first high school basketball game on the radio last night, doing color commentary. It's hard to make sure you talk enough but not too much.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
I can not stand DJ with or without Hawk. He is absolutely horrible. I haven't heard anyone as bad as him. He made Chip Caray tolerable.

You heard Josh Lewin? Or the Astros play-by-play? C'mon, DJ isn't the greatest, but he's not the worst there is. And Hawk and Stoney would be fun to listen to only to see if they can fit both egos into the booth!

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)

So you've actually heard DJ without Hawk? Because I heard him do a national game last year with someone else, and I have to say, I thought he sounded pretty good. I think Hawk is what destroys DJ, really. Those two just have zero chemistry of any kind.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
So you've actually heard DJ without Hawk? Because I heard him do a national game last year with someone else, and I have to say, I thought he sounded pretty good. I think Hawk is what destroys DJ, really. Those two just have zero chemistry of any kind.

He always sounded good with Blackjack and on the Fox saturday games.