Andy Gonzalez signed by the Indians

RME JICO

QUOTE(heirdog @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 03:48 PM)
Nice...now he can cast his voodoo spell on Wedge to play him every where, every day just like he did to Guillen. We could use that type of productivity in the line-up of our division rivals.

Wedge is not an idiot... unlike Guillen.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Andy Gonzalez actually led off for the White Sox. Its cherry picking but take away 4 games he hit .138.

I am not sure "cherry picking" laws apply here. Andy's stats suck. Cherry picking them makes them suck more. More computation in computing his stats may be the only way to make them look good.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Wedge is not an idiot... unlike Guillen.

really? i actually always thought they were pretty similar in terms of their managing skills. wedge's greatest strength isn't his baseball knowledge and ability to strategize. his handling of pitching and in-game strategic decision-making is awful, pretty much similar to oz. wedge's strength, and ozzie's at least purportedly, is his ability to build a cohesive clubhouse and foster a great team atmosphere.

i'd agree with pratt that wedge's edge on ozzie is in the talent at his disposal, not his ability to run a team.