Wii

Middle Buffalo

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 07:39 AM)
Is that the Rayman game? I was looking at it but decided against renting it. My daughter also wants to play it on her DS.

Yup. There is also a sequel now, which I have not played yet. The sequel is geared more towards multiple players, where Rabbids part 1 is mainly a one person game.

I haven't played the DS version, but we bought it for a neice a little while ago and I guess she really likes it. I'm tempted to get it for my DS, but I think I want most games that are available for both DS and Wii for the Wii. I like my DS as a puzzle game mostly.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Yup. There is also a sequel now, which I have not played yet. The sequel is geared more towards multiple players, where Rabbids part 1 is mainly a one person game.

I haven't played the DS version, but we bought it for a neice a little while ago and I guess she really likes it. I'm tempted to get it for my DS, but I think I want most games that are available for both DS and Wii for the Wii. I like my DS as a puzzle game mostly.

I am addicted to Yoshi's Island on the DS

I haven't played that one. I just got the DS the other day. I bought Club House Games (seemed fun and I knew the wife would love it, and she does), Hotel Dusk, and am playing my sons Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I've decided I enjoy the gaming aspect as long as they are the puzzle type games. My daughter has a decent amount of games. I'll be stealing her Nintendogs soon. :unsure:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
I haven't played that one. I just got the DS the other day. I bought Club House Games (seemed fun and I knew the wife would love it, and she does), Hotel Dusk, and am playing my sons Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I've decided I enjoy the gaming aspect as long as they are the puzzle type games. My daughter has a decent amount of games. I'll be stealing her Nintendogs soon. :unsure:

So far our little DS library has

Horsez

Hamsterz

Charlottes Web

Arthur and the Invisibles

Yoshi's island

Flash Focus

Cookies and Cream

Keep in mind I have a 7 year old little girl ;)

LOL! Yeah, well our full library so far is:

Zach And Kody

High School Musical

Hannah Montana

Narnia

POTC: Dead Mans Chest

Pet Vet

Purr N Pals

Nintendogs

Dogz

Club House Games

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Hotel Dusk

My daughter (10) has had hers since August. My son (5) and I just got ours.

p.s. and I want Hamsterz for myself.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
LOL! Yeah, well our full library so far is:

Zach And Kody

High School Musical

Hannah Montana

Narnia

POTC: Dead Mans Chest

Pet Vet

Purr N Pals

Nintendogs

Dogz

Club House Games

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Hotel Dusk

My daughter (10) has had hers since August. My son (5) and I just got ours.

p.s. and I want Hamsterz for myself.

Abby has Hannah Montana too, I forgot about that one.

How is that Pet Vet game? Abby really wants it, but I am afraid it may be a little ahead of where she is right now, so i told her we would hold off until the summer to check that out(there is like 2 or 3 different animal vet titles for the DS)

Personally, I really want to get Drawn to life

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
I'll ask my daughter and see what she says. I'll let you know later tonight.

Have you checked out Hotel Dusk yet? It's a pretty cool idea for a "game".

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/hotel...=summary;review

Seems like a suped up "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" + "Clue" type game. I am gonna check that out

QUOTE(whitesox94 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
agree, wii is much more user friendly. As they get older though, sony is a better option as they have a better selection of games

Really? I would much rather choose from the available catalogs of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega, Sega Genesis, Turbo Graphix, Neo Geo, Gamecube(all available on the Wii), AND Wii over Xbox/ Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation(is it fully backwards compatable with PS1 and PS2?).

And who knows what the future holds for any one of these consoles. Sega Dreamcast pulled the plug and went with software over consoles without any real warning to their console fanbase, who is to say that X-box or Playstation dont decide to pull something similar?

Really? I would much rather choose from the available catalogs of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega, Sega Genesis, Turbo Graphix, Neo Geo, Gamecube(all available on the Wii), AND Wii over Xbox/ Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation(is it fully backwards compatable with PS1 and PS2?).

And who knows what the future holds for any one of these consoles. Sega Dreamcast pulled the plug and went with software over consoles without any real warning to their console fanbase, who is to say that X-box or Playstation dont decide to pull something similar?

i mean like the war games and the car racing games with really good graphics

Hey Kyyle, my daughter says "sure" as far as if kids younger than her would be fine with Pet Vet. Her one warning was that once you make a descision in the game, that's it, it's final. I don't know exactly what she means by that, and told her I would play it with her a little bit over the weekend.

By the way, to make this DS discussion somewhat more on topic, I read yesterday that Nintendo is about to make the Wii and DS fully compatible. Somehow the two systems are going to be able to share their games. There is an article online about this, I will try and find it.

As for the kids growing up and getting into the other systems, I don't know about that. I'm 37 and other gaming systems never really interested me. This one did because it was a break from the norm. Same reason I got into the DS. It wasn't the same dang thing I have been seeing for years. But it is also a lot of fun. I like the active side to it. Are the graphics as great as the 360? No, I guess not, but they are a little bit better than my Intellivision. By the time my kids get older, I am also thinking that (if it still lives), the Wii's graphics will also have improved. From what I have heard, Mario Galaxy is a great looking game. So within a year the system has shown a GREAT improvement on it's graphics.

I played a 360 over the holidays. Everybody was telling me I would be forgetting about my Wii and wanting a 360. Didn't happen. I still love the Wii and still have no real interest in a 360.

Now...I would someday like a PSP. But it has to be an older model that can be hacked. One of the guys I work with turned his into a MAME machine basically and it has every game under the sun on it! Arcade, Intellivision, Atari, Sega, Nintendo...you name it, he has it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 07:33 AM)
Hey Kyyle, my daughter says "sure" as far as if kids younger than her would be fine with Pet Vet. Her one warning was that once you make a descision in the game, that's it, it's final.

I'm guessimg there may be Euthanasia involved.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Abby has Hannah Montana too, I forgot about that one.

How is that Pet Vet game? Abby really wants it, but I am afraid it may be a little ahead of where she is right now, so i told her we would hold off until the summer to check that out(there is like 2 or 3 different animal vet titles for the DS)

Personally, I really want to get Drawn to life

My 8 year old played Drawn to Life for about 2 weeks solid and then he hit a rough patch in the game and got flustered. Yoshi Island and one of the other Mario tiltes (dunno which) are still his favorite DS games, and both he and his sister like Nintendogs.

Santa brought them a Wii and Mario Galaxy and Big Brain Academy are the big favorites so far. That's when the kids can get Dad off of GH# that is. :headbang

I'm getting addicted to that dang game, though I can't beat Lou the Devil to save my life. :angry:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
My 8 year old played Drawn to Life for about 2 weeks solid and then he hit a rough patch in the game and got flustered. Yoshi Island and one of the other Mario tiltes (dunno which) are still his favorite DS games, and both he and his sister like Nintendogs.

Santa brought them a Wii and Mario Galaxy and Big Brain Academy are the big favorites so far. That's when the kids can get Dad off of GH# that is. :headbang

I'm getting addicted to that dang game, though I can't beat Lou the Devil to save my life. :angry:

I have been playing MLB Power Pros season mode, and I am kind of dominating it. April isnt over yet, and I have Konerko with 34 homeruns, Crede with 24, Dye 23, Thome 27, and countless others. Im playing at the Normal level, im gonna see if there is a harder setting.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)

Sega Dreamcast was going for broke. Playstation had a slow opening year, but I can almost guarantee they'll start selling a boatload of more units this year. As with the 360, good games were slow to come out. Unreal Tournament III at the end of '07 was just a glimpse into what's to come for Sony. March will be a big month for the PS.

And the Wii gaming catalogue is poor compared to 360 or PS3--PS3, even with a limited selection of "marquee" titles. But, as always, it depends what you like. From the start, it seemed like Sony and Nintendo went different ways. I always felt like Nintendo was more family oriented. The other platforms were gamer oriented.

But if anybody wants the best of the best, go buy a graphics card and some PC games. I grew up on consoles and love them, but I'm saving my money to buy a new desktop.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 06:33 AM)
Hey Kyyle, my daughter says "sure" as far as if kids younger than her would be fine with Pet Vet. Her one warning was that once you make a descision in the game, that's it, it's final. I don't know exactly what she means by that, and told her I would play it with her a little bit over the weekend.

By the way, to make this DS discussion somewhat more on topic, I read yesterday that Nintendo is about to make the Wii and DS fully compatible. Somehow the two systems are going to be able to share their games. There is an article online about this, I will try and find it.

As for the kids growing up and getting into the other systems, I don't know about that. I'm 37 and other gaming systems never really interested me. This one did because it was a break from the norm. Same reason I got into the DS. It wasn't the same dang thing I have been seeing for years. But it is also a lot of fun. I like the active side to it. Are the graphics as great as the 360? No, I guess not, but they are a little bit better than my Intellivision. By the time my kids get older, I am also thinking that (if it still lives), the Wii's graphics will also have improved. From what I have heard, Mario Galaxy is a great looking game. So within a year the system has shown a GREAT improvement on it's graphics.

I played a 360 over the holidays. Everybody was telling me I would be forgetting about my Wii and wanting a 360. Didn't happen. I still love the Wii and still have no real interest in a 360.

Now...I would someday like a PSP. But it has to be an older model that can be hacked. One of the guys I work with turned his into a MAME machine basically and it has every game under the sun on it! Arcade, Intellivision, Atari, Sega, Nintendo...you name it, he has it.

Mario Galaxy is about the ceiling for Wii graphics. Not to mention the Wii doesn't look much better than the Gamecube did, if any better at all. It wasn't difficult for Nintendo developers to make the switch for that reason. They're basically still working with the same graphics technology. The big question for Nintendo is if they can keep putting out games worth buying--and for Microsoft and Sony, if they can match the innovation of Nintendo.

The PC world is already on the prowl for a Wii like camera (with extra capabilities, to boot), and if the cost is what they say it is, could be detrimental to Nintendo. All 360 and Sony games would have to do is add in game capability for such motion censored camera and with the two systems USB ports, the Wii will look like nothing more than a toy. And I still feel, when it's all said and done, Sony will win this console battle like they did the last two.

And it's still strange to me that it's hard to find a Wii.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
Welp, I'm in love with the Mii channel now.

Im going to rent the Mii Editor for my family next time Im up at blockbuster, the Miis are really fun to play with. mine looks a lot like me, lol

What is the Mii editor??? I haven't seen that. Mine also looks a lot like mine. I have a Mii, Igby, who I have sadly come up with an entire life history for. He even goes through changes in his looks depending on what is going on in his life. It drives my wife crazy.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
What is the Mii editor??? I haven't seen that. Mine also looks a lot like mine. I have a Mii, Igby, who I have sadly come up with an entire life history for. He even goes through changes in his looks depending on what is going on in his life. It drives my wife crazy.

I thought I saw one for rent at blockbuster, but I might be wrong, but I swear I saw it.

Anyhow, there are many online Mii editors that you can download to your wii

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mii+editor

http://www.miieditor.com/