Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
I am about to fire my salesguy, whenever he gets his butt back in the store. Not an email issue, but one of the things he is supposed to do is fill out his activities in ACT, so I know what he is doing, what he has planned and what he has done. He has been told 4 times already in the first 2 months that he needs to do this daily, morining, afternoon or both. He hasn't set foot in the store in 4 days, and my only contact has been 2 emails about an estimate. If I don't see what he has been doing on the computer, that tells me he is f***ing off. So I go to his computer (mine, actually), and load the program, and nothing in there all week. I look back and each time I talked to him it was filled out for the next 2 or 3 days. I swear it is like dealing with my teenager! My kids don't even get told the same thing 3 times before punishment/action is taken. He has been told 3 times, I am not telling a 5th. Geeze, I pay him well, nice base plus commission from dollar 1. And I know from a friend of his that he needs the money as he filed for bankruptcy protection, so you would think he would be hungry for work. I guess not. Anyone want to sell printing in the western suburbs? TEX, send me some of your Mexicans!!!!! :lolhitting

I guess from my posts in the business question thread there is no need for me to send you my resume? :lol:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
I guess from my posts in the business question thread there is no need for me to send you my resume? :lol:

As long as you don't go checkin for new digs on my dime, we would be cool. Oh, and you would have to actually DO the job, which this guy apparently is not. Want to sell printing? All Sox fans working in my store, once I let this guy go. My fault for hiring someone who bleeds Cubbie blue.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
As long as you don't go checkin for new digs on my dime, we would be cool. Oh, and you would have to actually DO the job, which this guy apparently is not. Want to sell printing? All Sox fans working in my store, once I let this guy go. My fault for hiring someone who bleeds Cubbie blue.

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Seriously, what the hell were you thinking?

Well, I think it is against the law to ask them that before you hire them. Must be some kind of law to protect the stupid people or something. :gosoxretro:

Get this. I call his home, to get his ass here to fire him, no answer. I call his cell, right to voice mail. Been that way all day. I am going to be stuck here for another 2 hours or so, if I don't get an answer somewhere before I go home, I may just leave a very creative voicemail on his cell. This could be fun!

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Well, I think it is against the law to ask them that before you hire them. Must be some kind of law to protect the stupid people or something. :gosoxretro:

Get this. I call his home, to get his ass here to fire him, no answer. I call his cell, right to voice mail. Been that way all day. I am going to be stuck here for another 2 hours or so, if I don't get an answer somewhere before I go home, I may just leave a very creative voicemail on his cell. This could be fun!

if so I break the law frequently... It's my go to question at the end of interviews. Then again, I'm in PA, so most people are like..."whaaa?"

It probably wouldn't be an appropriate question in Chicago.

Does anyone here have any family members by-marriage who are just such a great fit and so wonderful that they become as close or closer to you than your blood relations?

That was my "Uncle" Joe. Not really an uncle, but married to a first cousin. Unbelievably great guy, generous beyond measure, and lifelong diehard Sox fan to boot.

He was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple of years back, and it progressed unbelievably rapidly and just ate him up. He died yesterday, way before he should have, leaving a wife, children, and new grandchildren way too soon.

You will be missed by many, Uncle Joe. :cheers :crying :crying

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
Does anyone here have any family members by-marriage who are just such a great fit and so wonderful that they become as close or closer to you than your blood relations?

That was my "Uncle" Joe. Not really an uncle, but married to a first cousin. Unbelievably great guy, generous beyond measure, and lifelong diehard Sox fan to boot.

He was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple of years back, and it progressed unbelievably rapidly and just ate him up. He died yesterday, way before he should have, leaving a wife, children, and new grandchildren way too soon.

Sorry to hear that Jim. :pray

My situation is a little different because I have really close friend by-marriage. (close friend of the in-laws...and now a close friend of mine). Thoughtful, great person who is hilarious and generous as well.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)

I'm really sorry for your loss, Jim.

He'll always live on in your hearts and in your memories, though.

My prayers go out to you and his entire family.

Most of my in-laws are better than my immediate family... Its not always the blood that matters.

:pray

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)

Sorry to hear that Jim. Life can be so unfair.

It sounds like you were richer for the experience of having known him. Sorry for everyone's loss.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Got poked in the eye pretty bad playing ball this morning. Now feels like something is stuck in there and it's like I have gunk in there. Very annoying.

Same thing happened to me last Saturday. Except I wasn't playing ball, I was partying, and it was some girl who was like beating the s*** out of me (in some kind of playful, painful manner, I guess). I thought I had pink eye, but it cleared up pretty well the next day and it was all cleared up by Wednesday.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
Same thing happened to me last Saturday. Except I wasn't playing ball, I was partying, and it was some girl who was like beating the s*** out of me (in some kind of playful, painful manner, I guess). I thought I had pink eye, but it cleared up pretty well the next day and it was all cleared up by Wednesday.

Pink eye...so she was literally beating you with s***.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
When it comes to home routers, are the "wireless-N" series much better the than the G series?

The routers are backward compatible with G and B, but if you've got a B or G wireless card you're not going to get any additional performance by upgrading to an N router. You need an N card to experience any of the added speed benefits.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
My laptop is probably 6 months old(HP Dv2000). Right now, I have the Wireless G Router at home, but want to upgrade, because recent streams have been coming in choppy.

Check what card you're laptop has, you will only go as fast as the slowest component. You may also wish to tune up your sysstems. Defrag the drives, check if you have a bunch of processes running in the background, etc.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
My laptop is probably 6 months old(HP Dv2000). Right now, I have the Wireless G Router at home, but want to upgrade, because recent streams have been coming in choppy.

Check what card you're laptop has, you will only go as fast as the slowest component. You may also wish to tune up your sysstems. Defrag the drives, check if you have a bunch of processes running in the background, etc.