Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
You know those nights where you're absolutely craving breakfast food for dinner? Lastnight was one of those nights, and I tried my hand at cooking something called the Greek Hobo that I saw on that Diners and Dives Food Network show a few weeks back. Grilled, hand-grated hash browned potatoes topped with grilled mushrooms and onions, gyro meat and eggs, and the whole thing topped with melted feta.

Wow. I have a new all-time favorite breakfast meal.

Opah!! :headbang :headbang

So where do you get gyro meat?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
So where do you get gyro meat?

The neighborhood Greek joint does a 1/2 lb platter with a side of sliced pita and tzaziki, so I bought a platter and cut up the meat for the dish and had the pita and sauce as a bonus.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
DBAH0 to his Brit roomies : Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel on the Simpsons

i.e. You're a "hick" to them.

;)

I actually showed one of them that, and she had no idea what you are talking about FWIW.

I guess Cletus just never made it big across the Atlantic.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 04:03 AM)
Bahamas in 2 days, sweet.

Have fun. Eat a conch crystalline style (an odd gelatinous digestive gland in gastropods) if you see any fisherman cleaning conch. It'll put lead in your pencil, Mon.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
The neighborhood Greek joint does a 1/2 lb platter with a side of sliced pita and tzaziki, so I bought a platter and cut up the meat for the dish and had the pita and sauce as a bonus.

That's something I have to find in Dallas/Fort Worth - a place that does good gyros. I know they're around, I have to make it a mission.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:09 AM)
Next time you are up here, remind me to take you to Greek town, its just the other side of the Kennedy from downtown.

MR. GREEK'S!Cant beat em!

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:32 AM)
There's a nice Crowne Plaza in Greektown. Maybe you could get a hotel deal at Priceline.

I couldn't believe they are converting two buildings to hotels in the west loop, one of them is a luxury Mariott.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 06:10 AM)
So my friend is throwing a weekend party at her lake house this weekend, free beer and free food. Does it get better than that?

Perhaps if there were strippers involved.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
So my friend is throwing a weekend party at her lake house this weekend, free beer and free food. Does it get better than that?

Can I come?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)

Yeah, a 4th of July weekend party at a lake house with free beer, food, fireworks, jet ski, and golf cart. Oh, and sharing a bed with 2 girls.

But yours is good too. ;)