Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
But f*** did I whack my head. Little bit of swelling on the back of it. I know I didn't black out because I hit and popped up cursing like a mother f***er, which I figure is as good of a sign as possible.

Can you get Tourette's from a blow to the head?

My knee is completely black and blue this morning. Bump on the head has subsided mostly. But man did that suck. My knee had finally gotten 100% after the various injuries to it and than I do something stupid like that and destroy it again. Hopefully everything physically is fine and its just a hideous bruise with lots of swelling which will go down over the coming days.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
My knee is completely black and blue this morning. Bump on the head has subsided mostly. But man did that suck. My knee had finally gotten 100% after the various injuries to it and than I do something stupid like that and destroy it again. Hopefully everything physically is fine and its just a hideous bruise with lots of swelling which will go down over the coming days.

Send a picture of the knee to Pratt and he'll write a 75,000 word essay about it, with vivid descriptions and QUOTES!

:D

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)

Ok, part I, yea, yea you didn't hurt anything on your head... :P

Now that the joke's out of the way, damn dude, I hope you didn't mess up your knee too bad again. You were pretty limber at the softball game... :lol:

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)

Jase Iam gonna have to move to Cali to make sure your not gonna do that stupid s*** before you do it.What the hell dude?

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
Jase Iam gonna have to move to Cali to make sure your not gonna do that stupid s*** before you do it.What the hell dude?

I could use it. My girlfriend was shaking her head at me today. Worse part was I was scheduled to run a 10K in 2 weeks and this is obviously going to hamper my training and possibly the ability to run (since I'm guessing I won't be able to run for about a week (and I'll be happy if all it takes is a week to recover from this, especially after looking at it tonight). Good news is I have full range of motion and have hopped up and down on the leg without pain.

My days of pushing the envelope are coming to an end. I've hurt myself enough times snowboarding and now done the same skateboarding. Worse part, I was probably running the fastest I ever have in my life and my knee was feeling better than ever (even stronger than when Kap saw me running around on the wet softball field).

2 weeks ago, 2 kids came into my open garage in the middle of the afternoon and stole my Trek 800 and my son's bmx bike. After being alerted to it by a neighbor, I jumped in the car and headed the way she indicated they took off to. After driving around for a few minutes, I did not see my bikes, but did spy 2 kids that matched their description, so I played stakeout and watched them for a few hours, to no avail. So I made up fliers about stolen bikes, and went to their house and dropped one off at the neighbors on each side. There I found out that the kids there have been in trouble for stealing bikes before! So, every day I make it a point to drive past that house on my to or from home. Yesterday, I saw my bike on the side of the house! I parked up the street, walked up to make sure it was mine and called the police. They came, took the bike for prints, and so far, nothing! Nobody was home, so they couldn't talk to anyone, said they would come back. But when I call, no info! I want someone's ass arrested! I also want them to be able to look in the shed or garage for my son's bike. And if nothing else, I want to break this kid's hands.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 07:32 AM)
I spent the afternoon driving down Sheridan road yesterday out of boredom from Dempster up to Waukeegan. Holy s*** those are some big houses.

Hope you had your doors locked and windows up when you got near or around Waukegan.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
2 weeks ago, 2 kids came into my open garage in the middle of the afternoon and stole my Trek 800 and my son's bmx bike. After being alerted to it by a neighbor, I jumped in the car and headed the way she indicated they took off to. After driving around for a few minutes, I did not see my bikes, but did spy 2 kids that matched their description, so I played stakeout and watched them for a few hours, to no avail. So I made up fliers about stolen bikes, and went to their house and dropped one off at the neighbors on each side. There I found out that the kids there have been in trouble for stealing bikes before! So, every day I make it a point to drive past that house on my to or from home. Yesterday, I saw my bike on the side of the house! I parked up the street, walked up to make sure it was mine and called the police. They came, took the bike for prints, and so far, nothing! Nobody was home, so they couldn't talk to anyone, said they would come back. But when I call, no info! I want someone's ass arrested! I also want them to be able to look in the shed or garage for my son's bike. And if nothing else, I want to break this kid's hands.

Not to sound like a smart ass, but if you knew it was your bike why didn't you just take it back?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
Question - I'm with A,T&T and had one of those pay as you go phones, and ended up losing it.

If I get a new one, will I be able to keep my old number?

Yeah, you should be able to keep your old number...you just have to let them know of the situation.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)

With kids like that, you know the parents have to be aware that their kid is stealing bikes. And they just don't give a s***.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Not to sound like a smart ass, but if you knew it was your bike why didn't you just take it back?

Yeah, you should be able to keep your old number...you just have to let them know of the situation.

Becuase I wanted the police to come there and hopefully arrest the assmunch if they were home. Plus, it was only one of the 2 bikes stolen. Maybe I could get them to cough up the other one? But no, nobody was home. And since I had filed a police report, and it was taken from my garage, that is burglry. I want the police back at that house, watching them, etc. And I will continue driving by there, just in case they are as stupid as they already have been. Oh, they had also started taking the bike apart, the front tire was off and the front brakes screwed up.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
With kids like that, you know the parents have to be aware that their kid is stealing bikes. And they just don't give a s***.

Yeah, when we canvassed their neighbors, the first house we went to immediately pointed next door and said that it was probably them. And I had heard from 4 other neighbors that one of the kids had been busted for stealing bikes before, and that the mom didn't believe it, thought he was set up and singled out because he was black. I don't care what color he is, he took my stuff, he's a thief. On the plus side, I met some really nice people while talking to the neighbors.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)

Yeah all good, I got to keep my number. :headbang

Although the salesman at RadioShack was insistent in activating the phone himself, and I was having none of it (as that would have activated a different phone number).