Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of a contract did all the major papers sign that they have to give a 2 year notice to end?

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/ne...t_id=1003874855

The news cooperative requires the two-year notice as part of its current contracts. Negotiations may lead to the termination not moving forward.

It mentions that AP had changed the rates, you would think that would change the contract. AP must have had some damn good lawyers working that one up.

So, after having my car totaled in a rear end collisiona little over a week ago, I got a new car. new being a relative term here. I bring it home Friday, and Saturday, take a drive up I-355 to go to K&G and get a suit. On the way, I missed having my second car totaled by about 1 foot. I really hate assholes who have no f***ingn clue how to merge, and assholes who follow way to close in traffic, especially construction traffic. I am in the right lane, and there is lots of space in front of me and the car ahead of me. As we approach the ramp merging on, i see a car coming down the ramp, at about the same speed as the car in front of me. Lots of room behind him, just like I left, so i figured the guy would slow down and slip right it. Um, no. Merging asshole never slows down, or speeds up, and at the last second just before turning into the lane, suddenly sees that there is a car there and slams on his brakes, causing him to miss that car, but slide to a stop right in front of me! So, I hit mine. I was slowing down as i saw all this happening, so I wasn't going too fast, but cvouldn't change lanes, I checked. As my car stops, I look in the mirror and see a car sideways, and hear the tires screechign on the road. Apparently the idiot behind me forgot what brake lights meant. His car managed to slide to the right of mine, missing me by a foot at best. So what happens? The jackass who started allthis by not watching what the f*** they were doing, and skidding to a stop half in an expressway lane, flips ME off, and drives away. And the asshole who almost hit me from behind ALSO flips me off, and drives away. I am the only one in this situation who paid attention and did whatever he could to avoid this crap, and these idiots flip me off. They are so lucky they drove away, or Alpha Dog would have really needed that appeal.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
So, after having my car totaled in a rear end collisiona little over a week ago, I got a new car. new being a relative term here. I bring it home Friday, and Saturday, take a drive up I-355 to go to K&G and get a suit. On the way, I missed having my second car totaled by about 1 foot. I really hate assholes who have no f***ingn clue how to merge, and assholes who follow way to close in traffic, especially construction traffic. I am in the right lane, and there is lots of space in front of me and the car ahead of me. As we approach the ramp merging on, i see a car coming down the ramp, at about the same speed as the car in front of me. Lots of room behind him, just like I left, so i figured the guy would slow down and slip right it. Um, no. Merging asshole never slows down, or speeds up, and at the last second just before turning into the lane, suddenly sees that there is a car there and slams on his brakes, causing him to miss that car, but slide to a stop right in front of me! So, I hit mine. I was slowing down as i saw all this happening, so I wasn't going too fast, but cvouldn't change lanes, I checked. As my car stops, I look in the mirror and see a car sideways, and hear the tires screechign on the road. Apparently the idiot behind me forgot what brake lights meant. His car managed to slide to the right of mine, missing me by a foot at best. So what happens? The jackass who started allthis by not watching what the f*** they were doing, and skidding to a stop half in an expressway lane, flips ME off, and drives away. And the asshole who almost hit me from behind ALSO flips me off, and drives away. I am the only one in this situation who paid attention and did whatever he could to avoid this crap, and these idiots flip me off. They are so lucky they drove away, or Alpha Dog would have really needed that appeal.

Driving is like sex, everyone thinks they are the best but there are a lot of people that are horrible at it and never realize it.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Driving is like sex, everyone thinks they are the best but there are a lot of people that are horrible at it and never realize it.

And, when you're in Atlanta, it may involve your sister.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)

Everyone's IQ drops about 20 points when they get behind the wheel. And some people just don't have those 20 points to spare.

Not paying attention is defintely a pet peave. People don't take driving seriously, which I find bizarre. You are guiding a 3000 pound missile at 80 mph. You don't have as much control as you think you do.

I got behind a guy in a 50 zone and he was going 35. I accidentally came up on her pretty fast. She did the little "flash yer brakes" thingy. I put my hand up to sort of apologize, not sure if she saw me. It was a two way road so I didn't feel like going 30 in a 50, so I passed her when I could. She flashed her brights at me and even sped up before slowing back down.

Whatever.

It was funnier because as I looked in my rear view mirror, a line of cars was forming behind her again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
I got behind a guy in a 50 zone and he was going 35. I accidentally came up on her pretty fast. She did the little "flash yer brakes" thingy. I put my hand up to sort of apologize, not sure if she saw me. It was a two way road so I didn't feel like going 30 in a 50, so I passed her when I could. She flashed her brights at me and even sped up before slowing back down.

Whatever.

It was funnier because as I looked in my rear view mirror, a line of cars was forming behind her again.

Yeah, I never got that when people who are going slower than the limit get pissed because you passed them. Some people just can't stand to be passed at all, regardless of speed. Can't tell you how many times on an expressway I change lanes to go around someone and they speed up.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Can't tell you how many times on an expressway I change lanes to go around someone and they speed up.

It's my second biggest pet peeve ever. My biggest pet peeve is when someone passes you going about 85, pulls into your lane, and then slows down to about 77 (with 75 MPH speed limits and me driving my usual 80 MPH). If it's on the interstate and I am in the clear, I usually pull into the passing lane, floor it until I get to about 94 MPH, and simply let it coast back down to cruise control. I'll be a good half mile ahead of the asshole at that point and hopefully without flashing lights behind me.