Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Certain posters on this board have (or had -- as of a few years ago) never heard of the word "finna". I was 'lambasted' (okay, that's too strong, but I'm gonna go with it) for it the whole weekend because I was the lone person who had heard of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate the cold.

This Afternoon: Periods of snow with widespread blowing snow, mainly before 3pm. Steady temperature around 6. Wind chill values as low as -20. Windy, with a northwest wind around 32 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Rif***ingdiculous.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
I hate the cold.

Rif***ingdiculous.

Tom Skilling was showing a temperature map of the midwest this morning, and there was a 90 degree difference in temperature from St. Louis to Fargo. 90 f***ing degrees, in just a few hundred miles.

For the record I dont speak like that.I just hear that kind of language often."Vomick",as in vomit is another word that puzzles me."Idear" instead of idea is commonly used."You's guys" is a Chicago favorite.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
For the record I dont speak like that.I just hear that kind of language often."Vomick",as in vomit is another word that puzzles me."Idear" instead of idea is commonly used."You's guys" is a Chicago favorite.

Well now that is just stupid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
The new Gatorade G2s are awesome.

It's weird...the commercial with the basketball court forming under the guy's shoes as he walks is used for another commercial, but which one?

P.S. Just got back from a weekend in Disney. 4 parks in one day because one of our friend's works at the resort = free park hopper tickets.

Me and the wife stayed at Coronado Springs. Nice Place. I had stayed at Saratoga Springs before.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Certain posters on this board have (or had -- as of a few years ago) never heard of the word "finna". I was 'lambasted' (okay, that's too strong, but I'm gonna go with it) for it the whole weekend because I was the lone person who had heard of it.

Let's review:

White kid

About 12 years old at the time

Yeah, you deserved it.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 10:20 PM)
Let's review:

White kid

About 12 years old at the time

Yeah, you deserved it.

Oh come on, give me a break -- it was closer to 14. :)

Also, another example for Kid Gleason (goin' real 'hood' with this one):

"It finna be cold up in here."

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Oh come on, give me a break -- it was closer to 14. :)

Also, another example for Kid Gleason (goin' real 'hood' with this one):

"It finna be cold up in here."

Find the closest person to you, and tell them to punch you in the face.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
Find the closest person to you, and tell them to punch you in the face.

I take it if we ever went on a road trip to Cincy again, you won't want to listen to the stylings of Wutang Clan on my iPod? Bummer.

What is the point of "finna" though? Heck, "gonna" has the exact same number of letters and they are damn near the same word. It's stuff like that I find really weird. Is it just an attempt to stand out? It doesn't even roll off the tongue in an easy way. It's a clumsy word. Or is this all code? You know, spy talk for the 'hood.

"Finna pink elephant, mocko doola unda the hefty wha's i' bootay".

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
What is the point of "finna" though? Heck, "gonna" has the exact same number of letters and they are damn near the same word. It's stuff like that I find really weird. Is it just an attempt to stand out? It doesn't even roll off the tongue in an easy way. It's a clumsy word. Or is this all code? You know, spy talk for the 'hood.

"Finna pink elephant, mocko doola unda the hefty wha's i' bootay".

Probably not as far as internet typing, but off the tongue? Fo sho.

Finally got to watch this documentary on the 2004 Tsunami on the History Channel. I never really understood what caused it but the digital animation showing that was well done. The camcorder footage is absolutely frightening. I still can not comprehend what happened. 200,000 people dead. Unreal.