Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Just in time for cold/sinusitis season I got a neti pot. It is probably the oddest feeling in the world--not unpleasant, but not pleasant either. But hot dog, it works really well. Better than a decongestant.

I just can never bring myself to getting one of those. But, I should have... as I said somewhere else, I'm a walking "itis" right now... ear infection, sinus infection, upper respiratory infection. Now if only I would have had that neti pot, I could have prevented all of this. :lol:

But at least I can sleep at night; codiene cough syrup. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
I just can never bring myself to getting one of those. But, I should have... as I said somewhere else, I'm a walking "itis" right now... ear infection, sinus infection, upper respiratory infection. Now if only I would have had that neti pot, I could have prevented all of this. :lol:

But at least I can sleep at night; codiene cough syrup. :)

I'll be honest, I should have done it long ago. I have been told by a neurologist I have the worst sinuses he's seen in 20 years. I finally gave in and got one because my younger sister's been doing it--and I will not be afraid of doing something she does! Gosh darn it!

I would recommend it though--it's AMAZING how well you can breathe after you do it.

Mmmm, codeine.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
I'll be honest, I should have done it long ago. I have been told by a neurologist I have the worst sinuses he's seen in 20 years. I finally gave in and got one because my younger sister's been doing it--and I will not be afraid of doing something she does! Gosh darn it!

I would recommend it though--it's AMAZING how well you can breathe after you do it.

Mmmm, codeine.

OK, I'll bite... neti pot?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
It's a little genie-bottle-looking thing used for (yuk) sinus irrigation.

neti-pot.jpg

um... I'll pass.

I could just laugh milk out of my nose and accomplish the same thing.

I tried to wear one of those strips once - the ones you put over the bridge over your nose to unclog things. Not only did it not work, but I was in quite a bit of pain for hours after, and had even worse sinuses.

so I've been up all night trying to finish an English mid-term that we got to take home (yay for adding that English minor :stick ), and I'm on my last question...it's on "Tradition and the Individual Talent" by T.S. Eliot. Nothing against Eliot, because I love his work, but this is absolutely dreadful. I'd rather listen to someone scratching a chalkboard while eating with their mouth open for the next 2 hours than finish this.

Ugh.

i guess bowling can be bad for your health.....

RAVENNA (WZZM) - It took 62-year old Don Doane decades to bowl his first ever perfect game.

Moments after he finally did it, he collapsed and died.

It happened October 16 at Ravenna Bowl. Doane had just bowled his final strike and was being congratulated by friends when he collapsed and died of an apparent heart attack.

:pray

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 1, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
They renewed the contract with the NFL finally.

The new ones look better, but cost 75 cents each.

mine was 50 cents. they're a little different than the ones i remember as a kid. They're not stickers anymore that you put on, rather it seems like the logo is imprinted on the plastic.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 1, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
i found one of those old school mini nfl helmet vending machines today. Anyone else collect those as a kid?

I GOT THE RAVENS

Actually noticed these today at the store after reading this thread. Didn't have any quarters though.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 1, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
i found one of those old school mini nfl helmet vending machines today. Anyone else collect those as a kid?

I GOT THE RAVENS

Hell yeah. I had all 30 of them, and it was exciting when I got the Jacksonville and Carolina ones since they were the brand new teams. I didn't know they brought those machines back.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Sorry buddy. Thats a tough one. I have a pooch thats 13, and she has started to limp around, and really can't jump on the couch anymore. I know it's coming, but it's had to deal with.

Ours is 11. She's been having kidney and liver problems and wouldn't eat. She had a seizure a few days ago and wouldn't even stand up except for when my mom stopped by the vet the other day. She hadn't made much progress, so my dad and the vet made the call today.

I also feel bad for my mom. My younger brother is now off at school, and my dad works 2nd shift so it was basically her and the dog.

My dad said we'll likely have Lucky cremated and then will decide what to do from there...probably bury her out at my uncle's farm.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
My dog is being put to sleep back home as we speak.

It sucks.

I've been there man, that's not easy.

In your mom's situation, I think you guys should get her a new pooch for X-Mas. Everyone thinks that's crass, but it always helps things.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
My dog is being put to sleep back home as we speak.

It sucks.

I'm very sorry to hear this. And i know how painful and sad it can be.

We had to put down our Miniature American Eskimo in March. He was 13. He had his issues: diabetic (received a daily shot), hip problems, cataracts. But he fought through those things. He was normally a really big eater, and when he went nearly three days without eating anything at all, we all feared the worst. The vet did all he could; gave him a vitamin shot among a few other shots. But after that didn't help, xrays and test were taken, and the vet determined his liver shut down and surgery may be performed, but he could not guarantee anything. That day, my younger sister had to make the toughest decision of her life. But she didn't want him suffering anymore.

I drove home from work that day reliving the memories. R Kelly's "I believe I can Fly" came on my iPod, and that song will forever bring a tear to my eye and make me think of my dog Snoball

Animals are truly amazing; you may never know how much love they can bring to you and your family until you have one. And as time goes by, they become so much more than a pet; they become part of your family. RIP Snoball, you are missed.

snowy.jpg