Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Sorry to hear that Alex.

My dog's 13 I think also, and I don't think he's got more than a couple of years left in him either. You do grow pretty attached to em for sure.

I was 15 when we had to put my dog to sleep. Got him when I was in 1st grade. It was sooooo hard!

I don't know if I want to get another dog ever again so I don't have to go through that pain again.

I'm a softy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)
I was 15 when we had to put my dog to sleep. Got him when I was in 1st grade. It was sooooo hard!

I don't know if I want to get another dog ever again so I don't have to go through that pain again.

I'm a softy.

That's what my mom said. My dad offered to get her a new one, but she says she doesn't want to go through the pain again.

What I'm thinking about is talking to her over Thanksgiving, and we may consider getting her a new puppy over Christmas break when I'll be home for a month and can help out.

img0009gi0.jpg

That was Lucky.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:11 PM)

I'm a softy.

I have said that before as well, but most people end up doing it again anyway. You feel good taking care of a pet, and the affection you get in return usually makes up for it. Have had to put down 3 dogs throughout my life, and had a few just die from old age (and one got hit by a car). You go on. My older dog now can barely make it up the stairs, and is out of breath when she does. I fear she may only have a year or two left as well.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 09:36 AM)
I have said that before as well, but most people end up doing it again anyway. You feel good taking care of a pet, and the affection you get in return usually makes up for it. Have had to put down 3 dogs throughout my life, and had a few just die from old age (and one got hit by a car). You go on. My older dog now can barely make it up the stairs, and is out of breath when she does. I fear she may only have a year or two left as well.

When I move into my next place, I will probably get another dog. I will be cautious and try not to love the dog as much so it won't hurt as much when he passes away.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
The name "Emergency Room" should let you know it will ALWAYS be crazy.

It is crazy to outsiders but for those that work in one everyday most of the time its the same ol crap that you are numb to but today was not a regular day.Strange happenings with tons of patients today and then a co worker who is also a friend of mine finds out at work that first husband and childs father jumped off a bridge.It was just a bizarre day even for someone who is numb to everyday life in the ER.

Sorry about your Dog, man. That must just suck.

I never had dogs or cats because my family was allergic. Then I got married, and inherited her cat. I have never had one, and wasn't even really a cat person. But damned if I haven't gotten attached to the little guy, and I just don't even want to think about losing him.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
Sorry about your Dog, man. That must just suck.

I never had dogs or cats because my family was allergic. Then I got married, and inherited her cat. I have never had one, and wasn't even really a cat person. But damned if I haven't gotten attached to the little guy, and I just don't even want to think about losing him.

Dogs >>> Cats :P

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Nov 8, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Lol, in all honesty I want one of both when I have my own house. Or maybe 2 cats and a dog.

Through almost no fault of my own, I have become Crazy Cat Lady. I had a cat and my wife had a cat when we got together, which wasn't so bad. Now, however, my wife and daughter feel the need to rescue every stray cat on the east coast of Florida, so we now have 5 cats.

:angry:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Through almost no fault of my own, I have become Crazy Cat Lady. I had a cat and my wife had a cat when we got together, which wasn't so bad. Now, however, my wife and daughter feel the need to rescue every stray cat on the east coast of Florida, so we now have 5 cats.

:angry:

When I was real little, we had between 12 and 20 cats around the house. All strays, they would just congregate around our house. We had one indoor cat, if I remember correctly.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 9, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
It clearly must have been a whore.

LOL, im thinking of the Tom and Jerry Episode where Tom is trying to impress the indoor cat by playing the bass

"Is you is, is you aint my baby"

Edited by kyyle23

Last night I had a dream that I was sitting at a movie theater between Robert Downey Jr. and Leo DiCaprio. We were old friends talking about stupid s*** and everyone else in the theater was oooing and aaahing them.

I think they're decent actors, but I'm not a huge fan and I certainly don't spend any time thinking about them or their work.

Weird.