Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 12, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
My wife LOVED Tres....i thought the food was pretty good too. I can't believe T-birds is gone. Man...i thought that hole would live forever.

I forgot about the Hangar but then i don't think i ever went in the place. Gatsby's was a waste of space..i never like that place though one of my friends had one of the funniest drunken moments ever in that bar.

Bill, I think Gatsby's is the place that Vonda got her, me and Johnny thrown out of at the one family reunion. I do remember it being a waste of space.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
You ever actually have it? It's delicious.

EDIT: I just heard that it's called rooster sauce. You've clearly had it and know it's the greatest thing ever.

Hey little girl is your daddy home, did he go and leave you all alone?

I got a bad desire. Oooh ooh ooh I'm on fire.

Just found a third Springsteen song I like. Reminds me of INXS' song Mediate.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)

EDIT: I just heard that it's called rooster sauce. You've clearly had it and know it's the greatest thing ever.

Yes, it's a term of endearment. I won't eat pho without it

Hell yeah, you can put that stuff on anything. There's a bar that I play at that makes a drink with it.

While I kinda like most of my classes, I HATE the literature class I'm in right now (American Literature from the Civil War to the Present). Literary analysis blows. I just got finished reading a Walt Whitman poem about a male bird who lost his female companion and stayed up every night singing about how he wants her to come back but she is gone, probably dead, then the narrator asks the bird if he'd been singing for him all along instead of the mate.

wtf, who cares?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
While I kinda like most of my classes, I HATE the literature class I'm in right now (American Literature from the Civil War to the Present). Literary analysis blows. I just got finished reading a Walt Whitman poem about a male bird who lost his female companion and stayed up every night singing about how he wants her to come back but she is gone, probably dead, then the narrator asks the bird if he'd been singing for him all along instead of the mate.

wtf, who cares?

Apparently someone, if you're reading it 150 years after it was written.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
Apparently someone, if you're reading it 150 years after it was written.

I hate it. Give me just about any other class than literature, damn, I already took one and it has no relevance to my major. Fortunately this is the last gen-ed class I have to take, I've been putting it off for a while.

Where do you go to school?

Also, I'm mostly with you on lit...most of the stuff bores me, but I can see how some find it useful, especially because I love history and I can see how the two often tie together. I'm also taking a law class this semester, and I love it a lot, because it goes together with history a lot.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
American Military University, an online school.

Literature isn't for everybody, especially POETRY, I always feel like it's being forced down my throat.

I'm the same way. Never understood poetry nor got into it.

My last semester at SIU, I need 3 hours of an elective, so was convinced by a female friend to take Shakespeare with her. I had no clue what I was reading. I really tried as well. I had to rent the movies to get plot points down, never understood the dialogue. The fact that I put forth the effort made me feel good though. I showed up everyday, participated, squeaked out a C. I took it and graduated.

Google is my friend. I always have to make sure I'm interpreting it "correctly." They say poetry is open to interpretation, that's a crock, I have a tendency to be WAY off because it's so god damn cryptic. Langston Hughes is probably my favorite poet because what he writes is so simple to read.

The thing about Shakespeare is that if you can understand what he's saying, it's actually really good, esp. the stories. I was pissed when I had to read Othello because it was so long, but the plot was great. It just took me forever to read.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
Google is my friend. I always have to make sure I'm interpreting it "correctly." They say poetry is open to interpretation, that's a crock, I have a tendency to be WAY off because it's so god damn cryptic. Langston Hughes is probably my favorite poet because what he writes is so simple to read.

The thing about Shakespeare is that if you can understand what he's saying, it's actually really good, esp. the stories. I was pissed when I had to read Othello because it was so long, but the plot was great. It just took me forever to read.

Othello is probably my favorite as well. Luckily it was a beginner Shakespeare class so we read that, Romeo & Juliet, and a couple others that were pretty easy to follow.

I just finished my assignment finally, ended up writing about 5 pages on what should've been a simple weekly assignment. I think that's about it for poetry, on to the Mark Twain and whatnot. I don't so much mind that. Stories > poetry.

Sriracha is badass. I cook with it all the time and just love it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
I'm the same way. Never understood poetry nor got into it.

My last semester at SIU, I need 3 hours of an elective, so was convinced by a female friend to take Shakespeare with her. I had no clue what I was reading. I really tried as well. I had to rent the movies to get plot points down, never understood the dialogue. The fact that I put forth the effort made me feel good though. I showed up everyday, participated, squeaked out a C. I took it and graduated.

Did you hit it?