Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
I can't tie a tie to save my life. God this is frustrating.

I think a lot of people have trouble tying ties. I can definitely see how it would be frustrating, especially if it comes out looking sloppy. I'm always tying them for my buddies, but that's mainly because they all think I can tie a tie better than anyone. They'll do it in a hurry, but if they're going to something important, they normally ask me to do it. But, I became good (and fast) at it having tied one every day for school for 4 years.

Did anyone else catch the new Jeff Dunham special on Comedy Central Sunday night and when it was over think "Man....was that it?????"

For an hour long show they had WAY too many commercial breaks and while I thought that Akmed the Dead Terrorist was his best of the night. Peanut.....his bread and butter.....i thought was way too short and wasn't really all that funny (though he did have a moment of two.)

After waiting a long time for a new JD special....i felt a bit let down. Then again...maybe it was just me.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
Did anyone else catch the new Jeff Dunham special on Comedy Central Sunday night and when it was over think "Man....was that it?????"

For an hour long show they had WAY too many commercial breaks and while I thought that Akmed the Dead Terrorist was his best of the night. Peanut.....his bread and butter.....i thought was way too short and wasn't really all that funny (though he did have a moment of two.)

After waiting a long time for a new JD special....i felt a bit let down. Then again...maybe it was just me.

I watched while I did some laundry and stuff, so I didn't really pay that much attention to the time length. I just have to say that José Jalapeño on a Stick is his best character.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 08:22 AM)

Jingle Bombs was awesome.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:04 AM)
I can't tie a tie to save my life. God this is frustrating.

99% of the knots that you see out there are wrong. Getting the dimple in it is the hardest part. The fabric that it's made of has a lot to do with it. A silky, slippery tie won't hold the knot very well.

I saw a guy on the train today with THE WORST custom jersey I have ever seen.

The front of the jersey was a Cubs home jersey with a Hawks emblem on the right chest. The Hawk head was about 1/4 the size of the Cubs logo on the left chest.

The back of the jersey was a Blackhawks red jersey with the sleeves cut to match the length of the Cubs jersey sleeves.

The "name" on the back was WINTER CLASSIC and the number was 09.

The guy had at least two of them in his bag.

White and blue and black and red and vertical stripes and horizontal stripes. Awful.

So I'm on Facebook for months now - so my sister and family in Florida can see updated pictures of Bri mainly - and all of a sudden it seems my entire senior class from HS has now joined. I've stayed friends with (and by friends I mean emailed but saw in person maybe twice over the past 10 years) a couple, and in the past 3 months reconnected with several others who I now see weekly.... anyhoo.... there are some folks that I had no interest in dealing with back then and definitely want no part of now, but yet they are "friending" me...? Isn't that weird? I definitely wouldn't "friend" someone I didn't talk to back then. It's been over 15 years!!! And it's not like they have to friend me to see picture of Bri since my profile is public. Very odd.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
So I'm on Facebook for months now - so my sister and family in Florida can see updated pictures of Bri mainly - and all of a sudden it seems my entire senior class from HS has now joined. I've stayed friends with (and by friends I mean emailed but saw in person maybe twice over the past 10 years) a couple, and in the past 3 months reconnected with several others who I now see weekly.... anyhoo.... there are some folks that I had no interest in dealing with back then and definitely want no part of now, but yet they are "friending" me...? Isn't that weird? I definitely wouldn't "friend" someone I didn't talk to back then. It's been over 15 years!!! And it's not like they have to friend me to see picture of Bri since my profile is public. Very odd.

When you got it, you got it. :D

I still don't quite understand facebook and the phenomenon. I guess I'm getting old. :lol:

I did see that you and Mrs. Kap are "friends" (do I have that term right?).

It is a good way to keep up with pics and stuff, for sure.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
I still don't quite understand facebook and the phenomenon. I guess I'm getting old. :lol:

I did see that you and Mrs. Kap are "friends" (do I have that term right?).

It is a good way to keep up with pics and stuff, for sure.

Definitely the latter. And it's very helpful. I never would have known about the carpet replacement without Facebook!! :-)

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
LMAO!! I guess.

Is it PC to just ignore the friend request...? Pretend like I never got he email. :unsure:

I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't want to add them as friends, either just flat out deny the request or ignore it.

Its totally normal on facebook.

In the last month my friend list jumped from like 30 people to over 120, and it has mostly been high school friends and acquaintances, and a few from middle school.

Its been strange to say the least. I have "friended" a few people whose name I remember, but I cannot place the face to save my life