Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Is it PC to just ignore the friend request...? Pretend like I never got he email. :unsure:

If your profile is already public, i guess there's no harm in "befriending" the person you're talking about. People often like to request to be friends with people when they're not just because they know them. The way I look at it and approach friend requests from people, is if I was walking down the street and they were walking past me, would I acknowledge them and say hi, give a nod, or something along that vein. If so, I just accept the friend request.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
LMAO!! I guess.

Is it PC to just ignore the friend request...? Pretend like I never got he email. :unsure:

Its normal on facebook to ignore people. You will find that if you were to start getting into groups, people will add you for pretty much no reason. It might be a little different for someone you actually know, but if you aren't worried about what they think or will say to other old "friends", I wouldn't sweat it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Its normal on facebook to ignore people. You will find that if you were to start getting into groups, people will add you for pretty much no reason. It might be a little different for someone you actually know, but if you aren't worried about what they think or will say to other old "friends", I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah, I've ignored a few requests from random people (mostly people who joined the Wilderness Study Area group I started). I see no problem with it.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
Less than here.

But what about that pic on your Facebook page with you, the Indonesian tranny hooker, Mel Renyolds and Fidel Casto at a bar in Key West? You didn't post that here? You're holding back on us!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
But what about that pic on your Facebook page with you, the Indonesian tranny hooker, Mel Renyolds and Fidel Casto at a bar in Key West? You didn't post that here? You're holding back on us!

OMG, you couldn't be more wrong on that! I can't believe you would let fly with such inaccurate and misleading information!

It was South Padre Island, not Key West.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
I am not sure why I feel this way as I don't even realistically think that she is hotter or anything, but I prefer Charissa Thompson over Erin Andrews for some reason, especially now that she ditched the brown hair she briefly had.

I enjoyed the brown hair but the blonde is definitely better :headbang

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
So I'm on Facebook for months now - so my sister and family in Florida can see updated pictures of Bri mainly - and all of a sudden it seems my entire senior class from HS has now joined. I've stayed friends with (and by friends I mean emailed but saw in person maybe twice over the past 10 years) a couple, and in the past 3 months reconnected with several others who I now see weekly.... anyhoo.... there are some folks that I had no interest in dealing with back then and definitely want no part of now, but yet they are "friending" me...? Isn't that weird? I definitely wouldn't "friend" someone I didn't talk to back then. It's been over 15 years!!! And it's not like they have to friend me to see picture of Bri since my profile is public. Very odd.

Here's a way to get rid of them:

"Thanks for wanting to 'friend' me!"

"Have you heard about the exciting world of Amway?"

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
That makes 2 of us. Probably the only 2.

It's f***ing stupid.

It's the only way my sister and 84 year old grandmother can see Bri on a regular basis.

Something on this topic is stupid, and it ain't Facebook. <_>

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
It's the only way my sister and 84 year old grandmother can see Bri on a regular basis.

Something on this topic is stupid, and it ain't Facebook. <_>

MySpace is stupid, Facebook is cool. I reconnected with a lot of people from high school and college and it's simple. Not all spammy like myspace.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
OMG, you couldn't be more wrong on that! I can't believe you would let fly with such inaccurate and misleading information!

It was South Padre Island, not Key West.

And here's a secret, Mel Gibson was hiding in the bathroom when the picture was taken. :P Yeah, I hang with the cool people and yes, I've been paling around with Fidel, so y'all can thank me for Viciedo ;)

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
It's an effective and creepy way to hit on college girls.

I find it difficult to believe that the only creepy way you, of all people, can hit on girls is on facebook.

I kid because I care.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
I find it difficult to believe that the only creepy way you, of all people, can hit on girls is on facebook.

I kid because I care.

I kid because I care™

Get it right or FlaSoxxJim will take away our rights to use it. :lol:

Are you saying it's not the only creepy way, or not the only way?