Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
I haven't liked or used MapQuest in 3 years.

Google Maps is awesome.

Google Maps had me going the wrong way down a 1 way street over the weekend. Generally, it's better than MapQuest, but that was a bit scary.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 06:42 AM)
I have an annoying cough that just will not go away or even seem to get better. I keep using Halls, but it seems like every minute or so I get a type of dryness at the back of my throat and have to cough.

I noticed if I keep eating Halls all day it makes it 10X worse.Drink more reeeeally hot tea and just eat a few Halls a day and you will be better off.

Also a good remedy is boil 8 ounces of water, squeeze 1 lemon, and a teaspoon of honey.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
I haven't liked or used MapQuest in 3 years.

Google Maps is awesome.

It's the only source I have used for the last 3 years.

Considering my Sprint Navigation on my phone is wrong more times than it's right, it'll probably stay that way until they finally upgrade the software.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 06:42 AM)
I have an annoying cough that just will not go away or even seem to get better. I keep using Halls, but it seems like every minute or so I get a type of dryness at the back of my throat and have to cough.

I actually find that #1 Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray takes care of coughs quickly. The taste isn't that great initially, but it numbs the area of your throat that tickles and keeps you coughless for an hour at a time. It's cheap and over the counter.

648_pd223384_th1.jpg

Anyone do much snowboarding on here?

I went on the weekend a few times up in Vermont, and can seen to get going alright and turn to the right (I'm a goofy stance), but I have problem stopping (e.g my idea of stopping is sliding on my ass) and turning to the left.

Just need to practise more I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
I actually find that #1 Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray takes care of coughs quickly. The taste isn't that great initially, but it numbs the area of your throat that tickles and keeps you coughless for an hour at a time. It's cheap and over the counter.

648_pd223384_th1.jpg

I actually had a sore throat over the weekend and used that stuff. I agree, it works wonders, but tastes terrible. I'll probably use some of that again for the cough.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
I noticed if I keep eating Halls all day it makes it 10X worse.Drink more reeeeally hot tea and just eat a few Halls a day and you will be better off.

Also a good remedy is boil 8 ounces of water, squeeze 1 lemon, and a teaspoon of honey.

Hm, that all sounds really gay. :D

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 05:46 AM)
Just the fact that more than one Soxtalk member knows anything about any of the Kardashian sisters really frightens me....

Coming from you, this is very strange, this is right up your alley of posting. I mean, you just posted a story about Miss England being too fat, how is that less odd than knowing about the Kardashians?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 1, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
Anyone do much snowboarding on here?

I went on the weekend a few times up in Vermont, and can seen to get going alright and turn to the right (I'm a goofy stance), but I have problem stopping (e.g my idea of stopping is sliding on my ass) and turning to the left.

Just need to practise more I guess.

Where did you go in Vermont? I was up there over the weekend, but no, I don't snowboard.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 07:08 AM)
Coming from you, this is very strange, this is right up your alley of posting. I mean, you just posted a story about Miss England being too fat, how is that less odd than knowing about the Kardashians?

Wrong brother. I am the one who posted that story. And if people think Miss England is fat, what does that make Kim's ass? :o

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
Wrong brother. I am the one who posted that story. And if people think Miss England is fat, what does that make Kim's ass? :o

Juddling still likes to post the strange stories(as do you ), I just scrolled through SLAM and saw a few. It isnt as if he is pop-culture proof ;)

Plus, knowing about the Kardashians isnt about knowing the family. Its about knowing which ones are hot and which ones are not. there is nothing wrong with that

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
ITUNES QUESTION!

I got my new laptop and was hoping that when I signed into iTunes, it would have all the songs I bought, but don't see them. Do I have to pay for them again?

The songs you have in iTunes are on your old laptop. You have to import them over.

Then, you have to hope and pray that iTunes doesn't delete your purchased songs, saying you can't play them because you don't own them.

I hate Apple.