Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 16, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
There is a ton of snow down here. The plowing really sucks as well.

I don't think they bothered bringing out the snow plows anywhere around Chicago until after rush hour. I didn't see a single one in my four hour commute, and every road (including four major interstates) was a complete mess.

Last night it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get from my house in Schaumburg to my fathers house in Buffalo Grove, normal commute time for me 15 minutes. On the way back, I was in bumper to bumper traffic on Rt 53 from Dundee road until Euclid road, and this was at 8 in the evening.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:43 AM)
Last night it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get from my house in Schaumburg to my fathers house in Buffalo Grove, normal commute time for me 15 minutes. On the way back, I was in bumper to bumper traffic on Rt 53 from Dundee road until Euclid road, and this was at 8 in the evening.

Thank you for that bit of nostalgia. My office was at Algonquin and 53. I lived in Wheeling and Wildwood while working there, so I traveled that stretch a lot. From my house in Wheeling, the drive was always about 30 minutes. Then one night at 3 am the alarm was triggered and I had to go to the office. Ten minutes. After that my drive sucked knowing how fast it could be without stopping at every light.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
Thank you for that bit of nostalgia. My office was at Algonquin and 53. I lived in Wheeling and Wildwood while working there, so I traveled that stretch a lot. From my house in Wheeling, the drive was always about 30 minutes. Then one night at 3 am the alarm was triggered and I had to go to the office. Ten minutes. After that my drive sucked knowing how fast it could be without stopping at every light.

LOL, I used to LIVE in Rolling Meadows at Algonquin and 53, two streetlights from the 53 exit ramp (carraigeway drive).

My father used to work at Hewlett Packard in the 90's back in the industrial park that was in the corner of 90 and 53 as well

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
LOL, I used to LIVE in Rolling Meadows at Algonquin and 53, two streetlights from the 53 exit ramp (carraigeway drive).

My father used to work at Hewlett Packard in the 90's back in the industrial park that was in the corner of 90 and 53 as well

I was on the north-west corner. So 53 north to Dundee than a crawl to Wheeling Road (IIRC)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
Is there anyone else out there who can't help breaking into Lunch Lady Land if they say the worlds "sloppy joe's"?

Nah..."Sloppy Joe's, slop, Sloppy Joe's!" Damn.

I recently switched to a new eye Doctor. Because I'm a new patient there, they want to charge me $65.00 as a 'fitting fee' on top of the price for new contacts. I've been wearing contacts for 15+ years and I'll be ordering the kind I always get. WTF are they fitting? In a year, when this prescription expires, there will be another 'fitting fee'. I felt bad for the woman explaining this to me because even she knows it's BS.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
I recently switched to a new eye Doctor. Because I'm a new patient there, they want to charge me $65.00 as a 'fitting fee' on top of the price for new contacts. I've been wearing contacts for 15+ years and I'll be ordering the kind I always get. WTF are they fitting? In a year, when this prescription expires, there will be another 'fitting fee'. I felt bad for the woman explaining this to me because even she knows it's BS.

I've had vision insurance through work for 3 years and haven't gone to a doctor yet. I definitely will after the holidays though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
I've had vision insurance through work for 3 years and haven't gone to a doctor yet. I definitely will after the holidays though.

I had to tell my wife about 30 times before she finally went. It kind of started to get annoying b/c when she drives, she'd be like "can you read that sign"? And I'm like wtf, is wearing glasses really that difficult?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
I had to tell my wife about 30 times before she finally went. It kind of started to get annoying b/c when she drives, she'd be like "can you read that sign"? And I'm like wtf, is wearing glasses really that difficult?

I know what you mean. I've known one of my best friends for almost 20 years. He's needed glasses the whole time.

A December record 3 inches of snow in Las Vegas closed the airport. In fact, a few more inches of snow are forecasted to fall tonight as well. This after they had similar stories in Baton Rouge and New Orleans last week. How is that possible, especially during a period of supposed incredible global warming that will kill all of our grandchildren?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
A December record 3 inches of snow in Las Vegas closed the airport. In fact, a few more inches of snow are forecasted to fall tonight as well. This after they had similar stories in Baton Rouge and New Orleans last week. How is that possible, especially during a period of supposed incredible global warming that will kill all of our grandchildren?

I would gladly take some global warming in the upper midwest right now. That'd be awesome.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 17, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

It's due to a very rare phenomenon that we scientists like to call "winter."

:ph34r:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 18, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
It's due to a very rare phenomenon that we scientists like to call "winter."

:ph34r:

I am aware, but last winter was horrific and this year isn't starting any better (in fact, it's starting worse). Obviously these could be freak events not indicitive of nation and worldwide trends, and obviously I don't just flat out believe global warming is BS (I'm a skeptic of if it's nearly as bad as people say, but only an idiot would deny the evidence that something is going on), but I find events such as recent ones strange considering what I always hear about warming patterns.

Edited by whitesoxfan101